• 2897 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11281 Players Online
  • 8384 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Extra Sublinks to Redirect

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by naete, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Hey all, I wanted to make a thread just to suggest the addition of some extra links to redirect players to official helpful documents. There are a ton of helpful documents linked @ www.mineplex.com/threads/documents-list.3309, however many of the helpful links are Google Documents where the URL is just a string of numbers and letters and can't easily be given to people in-game or on the forums.

For example, the Team Description Document could have a redirect URL of www.mineplex.com/teams which right now just redirects to groups here on this site. To me, the sub-teams page isn't a replacement for this as it doesn't provide the same level of information to people looking for it.

Some other documents from that thread which could do with extra links are:
    -to name a few. A lot of players, both new and old probably don't know that half of these documents exist. I didn't even know a closet cheater form existed until I started writing this thread and I think that it's just as important as the standard report page.

Of course it shouldn't be too over-the-top but there are some documents that could do with an easier way to access them and provide them in-game. Perhaps a URL shortener could be created so that admins can create these links without needing developer assistance? A link could be similar to mplex.yl/teams, the main-domain is available and wouldn't cost much to invest in.

Posted Apr 1, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 1, 2020
  2. Hey!
    Honestly I think this would be a wonderful addition to the forums! I feel that this would definitely make this documents more accessible to the public as well as easier to site for community or staff members wanting to answer a question! By making some extra sublinks, I feel that this would definitely help bring light to some of these documents, like the closet cheater form which I didn't know existed either. Overall, I think this would make it so much easier to find, source and used these documents effectively. Amazing idea, huge +1 from me.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  3. Personally, I don't find this terribly necessary since the vast majority of players will never interact with these pages, especially the one for Staff Management's mentee layout. I'm not sure it'd really be worth the developer time-- which I say fully aware of how little time it takes to change domains.

Not necessarily a bad idea, but not one a great one either. Thanks for sharing regardless.

Posted Apr 10, 2020
  4. I could definitely see this coming in handy. If I’m being completely honest, I didn’t even know some of these documents existed. I feel like they should be put somewhere more noticeable, as they are all extremely helpful. Despite that, I don’t feel as if this addition is necessary, although it is convenient to have these resources. Apart from that, I could see them being used more if they were displayed publicly whereas to where they are displayed now. I can also a possibility of these documents aiding new players. It would be a nice addition to have.​

Posted Apr 10, 2020
  5. Hey,

I find this idea extremely helpful for new players. There may be quite a lot of people not knowing about the existence of these documents; I myself didn't know about them. It would be an excellent addition to the forums. Although I don't think this idea is necessarily a priority. Great idea though :)
    That's just my view of this; how does everyone else feel?

-Truthhs

Posted Apr 10, 2020
    Error3, BankOfAtlas and Sleick_97 like this.
  6. Hey,

I'm personally fine with this addition since it originally took me a while to understand all the information and where it is located. This is more of a minor change that can easily be added for those that want more info on how the staff team works and how to possibly be involved in the community. Speaking of this, I actually never knew there was a closet cheater report forum haha, so thanks for the link. I don't have much to say about this since it's just an addition for convenient purposes rather than balancing something for the server(like game changes). Usually I am fine with forum changes as long as it doesn't make the forums more difficult to navigate. Otherwise, nice idea and hopefully this idea can be implemented for those that don't know certain information about Mineplex.

Posted Apr 11, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  7. I'm not against that idea either. I think it'll be a useful way to spread these official documents especially if it was to be in-game where the huge link wouldn't simply fit in chat. However, we would be somewhat limited in the future if we use the main directory as document files. What I mean by that is we should probably have it under "http://www.mineplex.com/docs/(doc-name)" instead of what you're proposing to keep things organised and to keep the other pages up for grabs in case we would be using some in the future like the page mineplex.com/teams. Other than that, I think this would be a good idea.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    Wiz2K and xGetRekted like this.
  8. Heyo!

This sounds like a great idea! I'm sure it would be easy to implement and make visiting these docs a lot more convenient, since otherwise it can be difficult to find them. Because of this, I will be giving this suggestion a +1.

Best,
    xFlattered

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  9. By all means, if a link has the slightest chance of being visited, add it to the documents list, if it is not already visible on other places of the website. Whether they are guides, references, or you want to know who is under who, it is all useful to everyone to an extent. The two you provided I see will be visited very often.

There are a gruesome amount of closet cheaters on Mineplex. GWEN is not in good shape and can be bypassed easily, especially with scarcely visible cheats like such listed in the Google form.

Staff members what a server is. In order to eliminate unqualified staff members, reporting them to their mentors is necessary. Of course, you need to know the staff team hierarchy that includes specific names. This can also be used to ask questions about anything a specific staff member does that they may have vented to their mentor about.

I believe the documents list should also be a pinned thread in Mineplex Guides. It is just as useful as the guides hub. With something that juicy of information, it deserves recognition. The documents list contains many links that could really help players out.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Apr 20, 2020