• 1594 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4173 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Extra informations for Treasure Chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by KilledByVoid, Apr 2, 2019.

1. There are many different kinds of chests with different loot to get. Either, normal items or special event Items. But after a while, you gain more and more cosmetics and maybe ask, how much are left? How many chests I need, till I have all? Thats why I want to bring up the following Idea!

Simply, there should be a count added to every chest type, that shows, how much loot you found and how much is left.
    As example I take spring chest: There are 10 Items inside. You found 4 of them. So the chest will say "4/10 Items Unlocked"
    This could be done for the following chests by the following way:

Old-Ancient-Mythical-Illuminated Chests
    Those all have the same loot, so I put them together. They simply show the number of any non-event Item (Cosmetics + Titles) that you are missing.

Omega Chests
    They contain any kind of loot - normal and event.
    It simply will split up in 2 counts, which will say, how many normal items and how many event items you unlocked.
    As example it could be like: "X/X Normal Items Unlocked" and "X/X Event Items Unlocked"

Event Chests
    Simply like I said above on the example.

Other Infos
    -List of Missing Items: If you (Example Shift+Left Click) the chest type, you will get a list of Items, that are missing, same as the loot type they are (Uncommon to Legendary), so the player gets the info, what items are missing and how rare the items are. Event Items on the Omega chest also shows from what event chest they are or from what event game they got unlocked.
    -If you find an event item on the Omega chest, the count will also change for the event chest the item belongs into. Same for the other way around.
    -Infos about new loot: It can happen, that the chests can get new Items (Like a cosmetic update or older event Items get added to the Omega chest). If you owned all items out of the chest type and new loot gets added, you will get a message about that on the chat if you join the server. This will only happen once.

It's just a small change, but also an good information for those, who like to collect all the cosmetics. It's also really usefull too for the Illuminated/Omega/Event Chests, so you know much better, how many chests you need to collect, till you have everything.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
    Danese and Sickle like this.
  2. This is an interesting idea and it would be pretty simple, but I'm not sure if it's too needed because you can always view your cosmetics and see overall how many you have left. True, they aren't assigned to certain chests, but that could be supported by your other idea of listing what is in the chest.

+0.5 for part of your idea!

Posted Apr 2, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  3. This idea is definitely interesting and simple, however I don’t think it’s really needed as a player could simply check in the GUI what they’re missing. Granted, it would take longer than just being able to see it immediately when opening a chest, but it’s still doable and I don’t think development should spend time and resources on this when it could be better spent elsewhere.

One thing I do agree with, however, is that you shouldn’t be able to buy more event chests than items can be found in them. There have been many instances I’ve come across that I don’t know how many items come in certain seasonal chests, so I buy more than I can find in them resulting in a loss of shards or even money. I think that in-game, when hovering over a chest that you’ve already unlocked the items to, instead of saying the cost of the chest to craft, it should say something along the lines of “You’ve already unlocked all items possible from this chest.” Kind of like it already does in chat, but except in the GUI so a player can prevent spending their shards on something they cannot unlock. And if new items are added in the future, it would go back to being able to purchase it with shards.

Posted Apr 4, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  4. I love this idea! It would be very handy to be able to see a total of what items you are missing all in one place. However, I do not think this needs to be added because you can already view missing cosmetics in your cosmetics menu. If you hover over the gray dye, it will give you the item name and description and what chest they can be found in.

Posted Apr 4, 2019
    Acerna, KilledByVoid and pzazz like this.
  5. This idea seems really interesting so far. I definitely feel like chests could give a bit more information, concerning the cosmetics/loot you can find in them. The "X/X Items Unlocked" seems pretty cool, and would definitely help the player choosing which kind of chests to purchase, it would probably help more when purchasing Holiday Exclusive Chests. For example, if a player was deciding how many chests to buy and they didn't know how many items were still obtainable, they could just see the "X/X Items Unlocked" to help them out. It would also be nice in general just to see how many items you have left in Omega Chests since you can find old/past items only in them. I also am really fascinated with the additional list you can bring up by shift-clicking the chest. This would be quite helpful in some cases to where you want to find a specific cosmetic/gadget that you like and don't know which chest holds it. It'd be cool if the list was some type of GUI that could be brought up, and displays every cosmetic that you don't have yet. As for the chat message for new items to be unlocked, I also really like it. This would be great for people who have unlocked every cosmetic, but also for players who've been waiting for new cosmetics and don't know that new ones have been added. Sometimes even I forget that new cosmetics have been released, and you only really know when by checking out future Updates/Announcements on the forums. Overall, these suggestions are pretty cool, and I think it would make chests more informative.

Posted Apr 6, 2019
  6. Hello,
    I think it would be really cool to see how many items you have unlocked as well as how many you have not when using a chest. After a while, I too have lost a gauge of how many cosmetics I have yet to unlock, so this would really help. I like that you included the event chests, as these are arguably the most important chests to implement this in. Since most event cosmetic sets only have somewhere around 10ish items, this would help players decide how many to get and what their odds are of getting a certain item. Overall, I think these ideas would benefit many players and would be very helpful. Thanks, its a +1 from me!

Posted Apr 6, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  7. Hello!

Actually, I like this idea to have extra information about chests. As I remember, something like this we already had with Freedom Chest in 2016 when they were released for the first time. We could too see how many items are already unlocked of all items available in this chest. If we already had it, why we should not add to all chests?

Also, I see the ability to see all items/missed items in chests GUI helpful for players. It will be easy to check all items available in a specific chest without manually search for them in cosmetics GUI.

I don't think a message about new items/chest is actually needed. If the player has a lot of chests, most likely, he will notice new items himself.

Overall, +1 to this idea

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  8. I think this is a great idea. I never can tell exactly how many items I have left to get and what the items even are. So this would fic that problem really well.

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  9. I like the idea to have extra information about the chests. Before I was about to open some of my chests, I have noticed that some of the items are still missing that I need to unlock. If one or more special cosmetic does not appear in the chests GUI, I feel like something that I have to focus on some of the locked items right now. I agree to implement the new treasure chest feature, and I do not see what is wrong with it too. It will be easier for me while scouting some of my chests. +1

Overall, that is a great suggestion that you have!

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  10. I love this! I'm always thinking about what I need in chests and how much more I need in them. I don't think showing the exact missing items would be beneficial, as @Jadguar stated, but I like how it would show your progress. Maybe showing a percent completed as well?

Overall, I love this idea and I hope to see it implemented in the near future. I don't like the idea of showing the exact ones, so I'll give this a +0.75 (am I beginning a new type of rating?)

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    KilledByVoid and Jadguar like this.
  11. I'm not sure if 7 full days have passed if so I'm sorry
    But got a question, how would PPC items effect this considering there is new PPC item every month.
    Otherwise I like the idea and I see the benefit of it +1 from me!

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  12. Oh yea you're right. Forgot about PPC. Either there can be an extra PPC count or just put them into Events :shrug:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2019
  13. PPC only has two pages as of now and one can honestly check easily what they’re missing. I wouldn’t think it’s absolutely necessary for PPC, but if this is added to all other chests/cosmetics, I guess I don’t see why they shouldn’t add it.

Posted Apr 16, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 16, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  14. That would actually be very useful! I guess counting individual missing cosmetics to give you a rough idea of how many chests to add was the only solution before, and it was rather annoying. This is such a small addition but I believe it would be so much more convenient when it comes to knowing how many chests you should buy!
    I guess PPC can just be merged in events, as SkarmMines said it's not complicated to check out which one of these you're missing, they're all grouped up conveniently!

+1

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  15. I think that this is a wonderful idea! Going through the cosmetics GUI and having to find out the full set is quite annoying and I'd love this.

+1 from me!

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    KilledByVoid likes this.