• 1499 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13105 Players Online
  • 11606 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Expand/Alter Speed Builders Build Platforms [Bedrock idea]

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Amg, Mar 2, 2021.

?

Do you think that this should be Altered and/or Changed

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hi there everyone! [​IMG]

So if you haven't grasped my idea yet, it's in fact in the title of my thread, which is to simply expand and/or alter the Speed Builder Build Platforms on Bedrock. As a player who plays Speed Builders heavily on both platforms, some major differences I've noticed in my time of playing are game mechanics. For those who aren't familiar with the game mechanics on each respective platform, Java has a leap ability that temporarily launches you into the air, whereas on Bedrock you have a flight ability indefinitely. While it's notable that both build platforms are the same size on Java/Bedrock (7x7), I feel that Bedrocks build platforms are a lot harder to utilize efficiently due to the flight ability. In my opinion, it's a lot harder sometimes to control where you're going with flight versus being temporarily launched in the air, especially when you're speed building.

If you're confused on what my idea suggestion encompasses, here's a video of what I'm talking about:

In the video, you will be able to see me trying to inspect the build on the build platform. I exceed over the edge just barely, and it teleports me to the same spot repeatability. This makes inspecting larger builds more difficult, and I strongly feel that making the platforms bigger and/or altering where players can fly would help in preventing from being teleported while inspecting/building a build. If making the platforms bigger isn't an option, I feel that they should increase the radius in which a player can fly. I think this would be a simple QoL change that would allow players to not only inspect builds more efficiently, but to build more efficiently as well.
    [​IMG]
    The Red demonstrates the very edge where I believe players should be able to move around/fly, and the yellow is the outermost border or cutoff point where they will then be teleported. Some of the yellow lines are further placed than others, but I assume you understand my point. In addition, it should teleport you when/if you fall of your platform.

TLDR: Essentially, change the size of, or alter, the Speed Builders build platforms to increase the efficiency of building for all players.

I hope you guys like this idea suggestion, and I am interested in what you guys might have to say! <3​

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  2. I actually brought up this exact idea in the GI Discord the other day! I completely agree. I see a lot of people running into the barrier and getting teleported back and then getting frustrated and quitting. I think increasing the radius in which you can fly before getting teleported by 2 or 3 blocks would be perfect to make the quality of life of the flight in this game just a bit better! I got some good feedback in the GI discord about considering how it might make it easier for people to peak on other builds but we kinda decided it was more important to make sure people had fluidity of movement. We also wanted to make sure it gets done properly because on some maps (like Shroomland Lake) the islands are right next to each other and a pure numerical change might cause gameplay issues.

Can't wait to hear what other people think!

Posted Mar 2, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  3. Hi,

I'm basically going to repeat what I said in the GI discord the other day, which is while I love the idea, it would definitely need some testing. The reason I say this is because in the maps Shroomland Lake, Jungle Temple, Westward Trail, as well as a few others, the islands are so close that expanding the barrier may allow people to cross onto other people's islands. Since those are dependent upon maps, though, I would assume build team could fix the maps to adjust for this idea if it were to be added. I'm gonna give this a +1 though.

Posted Mar 2, 2021
    yvuggu, LT Tombstone 77 and Amg like this.
  4. Yes! i was actually about to make a thread on this exact thing, it litteraly does my head in whenever i try to go around a build then it freaks out and teleports me like 50 times. Also carpets should be removed from the island design al together; too glitchy.

In short yea i would like to see the spacing that we can move around on speed builders increased! But i do agree with what @zapig said too

Posted Mar 2, 2021
    Kight, Ryan9116, Amg and 1 other person like this.