• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6875 Players Online
  • 3985 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion /exp for Level 100s

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Bobert2013, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Hey!

Just wanted to come and share another small thing that I've noticed, and that is the /exp command for level 100s.

Not long ago the command /exp was added to the game. It was a quick and easy way for you to see your level up progress without having to open stats menu (which is a whole GUI to open) as it simply popped up in chat. I personally remember checking this menu obsessively to see how far I was from hitting the next level. Overall, this command was incredibly useful and a wonderful addition to the server.

[​IMG]

However, once you hit level 100, this command becomes essentially useless. Why? Because all it says is a quick Congratulations on hitting the maximum level as well as a full experience bar.
    [​IMG]

As I'm sure most people are aware, experience is still recorded past level 100. Given this, this command would be much cooler and more useful for level 100 players if the current xp count that they had was displayed in here as well, along with the congratulatory message that already exists.

This wouldn't be particularly difficult to add, and would be a really nice addition to save players the hassle of using /stats to see current xp count.
    Please let me know your comments or concerns!
    Thanks for reading,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jul 15, 2020
  2. Hello!

It can be a great feature to see be implemented in the future since currently, to see our exp amount after reaching Level 100, we should look for that on stats which isn't that convenient way with what I will agree. Adding your total exp amount to /exp command sounds not that hard to do and it will be simple to do. Also, probably it even can be added for everyone but not even for Level 100, so everyone will be able to see their total exp amount.

Overall, I will give +1 to that idea since I like that myself as Level 100 and I believe other players will like to see that be added. That's something which can be considered to be added in the future QoL updates or Levels update which was discussed not that long time ago on GI Discord (CI in the past).

Thanks for suggesting that! Looking forward to seeing that be added in the future.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
    Polar8 and Im_Ken like this.
  3. This definitely gets a big +1 from me. I pretty much use /xp constantly, and could see how it could be much more annoying constantly having to deal with /stats instead of just using /xp.

I really don't have anything else to add, as I think just showing the experience, with the already existing congratulations message, would be really great. While this definitely would seem to be more of a QoL update, so it won't take priority, as you said it shouldn't be too hard to do and will make life even better for the players who dedicate a ton of time to the server to achieve level 100!

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  4. Yeah I definitely agree with this, as despite reaching the max level it is still always nice to be able to see your current xp. This is such a small thing and should not be hard to implement, and is much more preferable than having to do /stats every time you want to check your xp.

Good idea :)

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  5. This seems like a great quality of life change. I was going to say, "Why not just use /stats?" but then I realised there's no harm in a small quality of life change for the players that have spent countless hours on this server. I am all for this and think this would encourage level 100s to check their experience more and to try and gain more experience. I don't see any reason why this should be denied and hope this is implemented soon!

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  6. Hey!

I’m not level 100 yet, so this wouldn't be effecting me, but for the people who are, I think this would be a great addition! I think it would be really cool and easy to be able to track the exact amount of exp you have without doing /stats. Now, I like everything about your idea, but I’m going to add something to this idea; level prestiges. Through the forums, it has been announced that prestiges may be coming soon, so when they do, I think it would make this command even better to add your prestige level to the command as well. When doing the command (with prestiges), it would have your prestige level, as well as the total amount of exp your account has earned. Overall, I think this is a great command with no downsides to it! With that being said, you get a +1 from me!

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  7. Greetings, mate!

Although I'm extremely far from level 100, I feel as if this small implementation would be beneficial and helpful towards current and future level 100(s). As @Animalll stated, this would be a small QoL chance that will overall impact level 100's in positive ways. Furthermore, as you have stated this small implementation shouldn't be too difficult to add, therefore it could be added smoothly once developers are finished exerting their time and resources on other main projects.

In conclusion, I agree with your idea massively. Furthermore, I encourage you to make further suggestions to the community! <3 Have a good day.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  8. As a level 100, I could definitely use this. In all seriousness though, great idea, +1. This would be a nice feature for Bedrock too.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  9. This is a really nice little QoL idea and I definitely think it could save some time and just make the command a lot more useful to those who are Level 100. In addition to this, it would pair greatly if in the future some form of Level 100 system was added for people who were already at that level, to be able to grind to higher levels like prestige levels and get amazing rewards, taunts and abilities.

Overall, no reason for it not to be added and I definitely like the suggestion and the thought! +1

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  10. cool idea I think it is cool because of the way its cool

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  11. doesn’t really matter but sure

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  12. This idea is pretty good, as stated earlier, adding prestiges to this idea would make the command a lot more useful. I think that some level 100s would be curious enough to see how much experience they've earned after reaching level 100.

This idea is a nice QOL change, so I give it a +1

Thank you for sharing. Good luck with your idea!

Posted Jul 16, 2020