• 1071 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5278 Players Online
  • 4207 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion exclusive reward lava parkour and signaling

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SnowFox84, Jul 10, 2019.

1. trying to complete the lava parkour I realized the level of difficulty and that is not valued at the prize, I think they could put a reward beyond the gems as a single effect for anyone who completes the lava parkour or a unique title that is my idea and would stimulate players to try this challenge

another idea for parkour would be the signage of where to go, because at a certain point it is very difficult to know where to go, could indicate with some particle the next point that has to go

Is that my idea? What do you think?

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  2. There are parts of this idea that I like, and others that I do not.

I definitely agree that 500 gems is not a sufficient prize for completing the lava parkour as it can be quite difficult and time consuming for many players. Therefore, adding an exclusive prize for completing it could be a great motivator for more players to invest their time and energy into it. I think a special title would be an appropriate prize.

As for your second idea regarding signage or particles to indicate where to jump next, I believe this would ruin the challenge of the lava parkour. What makes it so challenging is that one must be able to figure out where to go without having time to stop and think in order to successfully complete it. Being able to find the path while continuously running and jumping is just as challenging – if not more challenging – than being able to actually complete the jumps. Therefore, I believe adding some type of indicator of where to jump next would take away a huge part of what makes the lava parkour... well... the lava parkour.

So overall, I fully support your idea to introduce an exclusive prize for completing the lava parkour, and I disagree with your idea to add indicators of the path to take. Thanks for contributing your idea!

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  3. Honestly, I think the prize is fine. The reward of 500 gems is about equivalent to how much I would earn by the time I finished a brand new DE map. The parkour isn’t too hard, so I think the prize is fine as it is.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  4. I think the reward could be pushed to 750 gems from 500, but go as far as to say particles and a title is a bit too much seeing as it is just a lobby game for a little bit of fun.

The lava parkour is purposely confusing so having signs or particles showing where to go kind of defeats the point of it.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Sqwush/Snowwii likes this.
  5. An exclusive cosmetic/particle type thing would be too much for completing the parkour just once. Yeah, maybe adjusting the gems would be okay, but nothing too fancy is needed for that. Perhaps something for achieving all parkours in the lobby, but even then it's a bit of a stretch imo.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Sqwush/Snowwii likes this.