• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Everything Wrong With Immortal

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by LordOfTeeth, Feb 9, 2020.

?

Should Immortal be Removed

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. So with the recent addition of Immortal taking the forums by storm, I've decided to compile a list of lots of the complaints about the Immortal rank (and also everything else in this "update").
    A large amount of the things added to this rank are really annoying. First off the rank title itself looks quite bad, and the colored names/chat make the chat chaotic. Including rank titles in the tab menu and chat of games is also very distracting. Large yellow (or any other color) text in someones nametag make it tricky to see what team they're on. The join message in chat is also very annoying and unneeded.

Personally one of the most saddening things about this rank was the inclusion of First Person Spectating, as I loved doing this years ago, and was thrilled when I saw a forum post about how it may be added back, but it just seems odd to have this feature everyone had available only for this one rank (same with the stacker minigame). I could see possible issues arising because of this, since non-immortal players would still be in creative mode during respawn time while Immortals would be in spectator mode. Idk what this would do but might cause some bugs.
    The changes with anti-velocity and flight are ideas (and a QOL change especially for anti-velocity) that had been denied in the past due to hackers being able to use them to avoid getting banned in lobbies. It seems odd for anti-velocity especially to not be a toggle-able thing in /prefs, but it's not that much of an issue. The skin changer thing is kinda confusing, and seems pointless because you can do that normally in minecraft, and I've heard that it doesn't even work in games.
    The whole Priority Map voting this is also confusing (do Immortals count as two people, do only Immortal votes count) as this might make map voting pointless for non-immortal players.

As quite a few of these things apply to clans, (and clans being about the only game I play) a separate category for clans changes is needed. To start off, clans was set to reset 2/8/20, but this was delayed because of the new rank. The clans reset that had been promised/planned was stopped in order to maximize the usefulness of the "Bypass Clans Queue" feature. While this won't make a difference to non clans players or even to clans players who don't play on packed servers, this does destroy the current queue system. I'm sure that many clans players bought ranks in order to get a boost in the queue during packed times (such as SOTW which was delayed unitl after the rank was releast), and now this new rank simply skips the queue, I'm assuming filling servers above their limits. This makes attempting to play clans at really active times useless, and will also lead to lots of lag. In the end this feature will completely ruin the queue at times and remain useless all other times.
    The addition of the clans supply drop once per month may be the only good thing to happen to clans from this, and I may make a post on that later.

So some of you may have heard talk that some perks (specifically the Gem Boost and XP booster) violate the EULA (I got kicked from staff request for attempting to tell people about this). If you don't know, part of minecraft's EULA (the rules that servers/players must follow) says that servers can't be pay to win, specifically that you can't exchange real money for something that gives and advantage in game. Gems are the thing that give that advantage. While the Gem Booster doesn't give you gems (no direct money to gem transfer) it does double your gems gained. This means that a player who pays IRL money will gain gems faster and can purchase different kits (and clans gold) faster, thus giving an example. While XP on it's own doesn't effect gameplay, collecting enough XP will cause you to level up, and be able to claim rewards, such as gems

In the end, this new rank was not asked for, has features that were denied or not liked, and in general is not a good idea. I feel that mineplex needs to recognize their mistake and remove the rank, refunding people and reverting to how it was before. While this will loose the company money, if this is kept in it could ruin the server and even end up with a lawsuit. If the gem booster and xp booster are removed some people who bought it for that reason could also call for a refund, so, might as well realize your mistake now. To sum up how disliked this new rank is, I've even seen some of mineplex's current staff showing their dislike for this rank.
    If you still think Immortal should be kept, I'd like to hear why.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  2. "Player123 has joined the lobby" Is the most annoying thing ever in a rank. The stacker mini-game is bugged, and people in certain versions maybe even all versions, are getting kicked because of an Invalid Movement. I was actually getting trolled by a player when trying to get help from staff; they knew it was kicking me so they did it over and over again when I kept trying to join the lobby so that I couldn't do anything. Fix this stuff please. The "rainbow" and color chat are extremely disorienting and I can't focus on what others are saying. I keep seeing people mimicking actual gameplay chat features like "Player123 opened a Chinese new year chest and collected a legendary coronavirus!" This is literally so annoying and it just needs to go. So many people are hating on the rank. The only thing I really like in this new update is the POV spectating option; but even that is flawed because it is exclusive to Immortals. I really need to use it for catching hackers in a certain game.

Posted Feb 9, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 15, 2020
  3. The rank tabs in game are kind of annoying tho, it hard to tell what team someone's on with just a glance when there could be a massive brightly colored rank tag in their name. The spectating option was already something (years ago) that got removed for some reason.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
    brandon3074 and Makiz like this.
  4. Yellow texts on white Mineplex forum background

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  5. Oh here bet. lemme just give a huge insight on the wrongdoings of this rank:
    The Rank Itself

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  6. I mean the gem economy is already so busted I really don't think the gem booster (and to an extent, xp booster for lvl rewards) actually give any in-game advantage. Most players already have many, many gems and alot have all kits or have capacity to buy all kits. It's not like MP became pay to win or pay to play. Also many other servers, including the biggest at times have broken Eula and never really got punished for it, so I could care less for whatever mojang/microsoft thinks we are "supposed" to do.

I'm a little more upset at how the xp booster once again trivializes getting lvl100, but meh if it increases their budget so they can actually start pumping out updates then I'm willing to make that trade. Heck, I'd take a full stats reset if it meant the server could function properly.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    Task, Xukuwu, Mitchy and 3 others like this.
  7. have you seen the other server? mojang clearly does not care to enforce the eula considering how pay to win that server is while being the highest playercount server on java.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  8. A large amount of the things added to this rank are really annoying. First off the rank title itself looks quite bad, and the colored names/chat make the chat chaotic. Including rank titles in the tab menu and chat of games is also very distracting. Large yellow (or any other color) text in someones nametag make it tricky to see what team they're on. The join message in chat is also very annoying and unneeded.

Saying that the rank itself looks bad is subjective. I actually quite like it. I agree with the colored chat and names, however, not a huge fan.
    Including rank titles in the tab menu of chat and games doesn't have anything to do with immortal, it was just a general change so I don't see why you're griping about that in a thread to do with Immortal. That's a general complaint about the recent update which has started including ranks in game. I agree that should be reverted, however.

The join message is absolutely fine. Other servers have it. Small, medium or huge other servers have always implemented this and it gives players who are paying the server money the ability to feel a little more noticed or special. There's no harm in it.

Personally one of the most saddening things about this rank was the inclusion of First Person Spectating, as I loved doing this years ago, and was thrilled when I saw a forum post about how it may be added back, but it just seems odd to have this feature everyone had available only for this one rank (same with the stacker minigame). I could see possible issues arising because of this, since non-immortal players would still be in creative mode during respawn time while Immortals would be in spectator mode. Idk what this would do but might cause some bugs.

God forbid they want to give incentives and exclusive features to a rank that should have exclusive features. This is nothing new for any server, including Mineplex. Ranks have always included exclusive things, and they've just readded some old well liked and missed features for this new rank specifically to reward people buying it.

The changes with anti-velocity and flight are ideas (and a QOL change especially for anti-velocity) that had been denied in the past due to hackers being able to use them to avoid getting banned in lobbies. It seems odd for anti-velocity especially to not be a toggle-able thing in /prefs, but it's not that much of an issue. The skin changer thing is kinda confusing, and seems pointless because you can do that normally in minecraft, and I've heard that it doesn't even work in games.
    The whole Priority Map voting this is also confusing (do Immortals count as two people, do only Immortal votes count) as this might make map voting pointless for non-immortal players.

Anti-velocity and flight in lobby are fine. People wanted it, they got it, hackers aren't really gonna go usually out of their way to buy Immortal to hide their anti-kb or creative flight in lobby for whatever reason, lol.

The skin-changer is a cool concept but I've yet to see how it works, however I do like the idea and I think it's a cool reward.

So some of you may have heard talk that some perks (specifically the Gem Boost and XP booster) violate the EULA (I got kicked from staff request for attempting to tell people about this). If you don't know, part of minecraft's EULA (the rules that servers/players must follow) says that servers can't be pay to win, specifically that you can't exchange real money for something that gives and advantage in game. Gems are the thing that give that advantage. While the Gem Booster doesn't give you gems (no direct money to gem transfer) it does double your gems gained. This means that a player who pays IRL money will gain gems faster and can purchase different kits (and clans gold) faster, thus giving an example. While XP on it's own doesn't effect gameplay, collecting enough XP will cause you to level up, and be able to claim rewards, such as gems

I've said this time and time again - I really, really don't think Mineplex an official Minecraft partner would go and violate the EULA without some sort of confirmation it was okay. Whether that's Mojang/Microsoft being more lax on the EULA, (which I do know is currently the case due to a discussion with a MS employee) or explicit permission for them to do it, we don't know it. But just think about it. Why would they risk the spot they have as an official partner to give nerds extra gems. Does it make sense? Not really.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    Quakiy, Xukuwu, Jocoe and 7 others like this.
  9. i don’t really find the rank’s color annoying for some reason, but it can probably get annoying for a lot of people in the chat. the stacker bug is fixed now, but i can understand how annoying the crashes were as well. as for the rainbow chat colors, i think it’s fine since players can get funny and mimic stuff. they can also emphasize their point somehow with the colors if they’re having an actual serious conversation. i like the first-person POV feature as well, even though i haven’t it used it yet lol

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    xoFIREWOLFxo likes this.
  10. Coming from the 100% unbiased opinion of a IMMORTAL rank.
    Haha jk dude, but you did bring up some great points. I personally don’t mind the rank, I just wish a few options were toggle-able (if that’s a word). Like I wish you could turn off the chat announce thing. I think you should also be able to turn off Player Stacking.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    colt, xoFIREWOLFxo and M4RK7000 like this.
  11. I completely agree with this. Esepcially the join message, that is absolutely not needed. And the color if the name I alao agree with should be a little bit of a darker color.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  12. I just think people that don't have the rank want to just tear it down so they look better :p

I personally think this rank is a great idea and all of its benefits are amazing!

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    SpyNinja__, Jocoe, KerbalBoy and 2 others like this.
  13. While I think there are certainly things that should be changed about the rank, it would cause outrage if they removed it for one simple reason. This reason being that dozens and dozens of people paid for it just because of the rank that comes along with it. If they revert it back to ppc then a lot of people would have wasted their money.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  14. Personally, I like the Immortal rank. It's definitely not for everyone. I could see how players without it could feel disadvantaged and left out. I think it is a wonderful and very fun addition that people can buy to support Mineplex. The perks are mostly lobby related which in my opinion, shouldn't be a big deal. I don't see why Immortal should be removed. This is just my personal opinion, I completely understand where people are coming from though!

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    Jocoe and SpyNinja__ like this.
  15. Alright, I'm going to express my feelings about this rank. Apologies if it's a bit long.

1) The rank color is perfectly fine unless your monitor screen brightness is turned all the way up, it shouldn't be a problem. I can read it just fine on my 2 monitors (both different brightness's).

2) The color chat as @Ethan has stated, has Immortal players more recognized and could be used in a serious conversation to make their point of view pop out more.

3) Join messages are fine, the largest MC server has join messages and people don't complain. Join messages are common and Mineplex has utilized it with the Immortal rank to make the consumers feel special as it's supposed to.

4) The double gem perk is not against EULA or at least Mineplex has asked permission for it to be a thing. The Largest server has a Network Boost giving you double coins to buy cosmetics.

5) First Person spectating is just a cool thing that a consumer can use, there is no reason why a regular player should have it other than just having it. It's like particle effects, it has no benefits then being something you can use if you so desire.

6) I remember when we could all use stacking, though, just like I said above it is just a cool perk. It's a fun thing that Mineplex has decided that Immortal consumers would enjoy.

7) No knockback in the hub isn't going to alarm GWEN or a staff member. No hacker would go out of their way to buy Immortal so they would hide their anti-kb in the hub. As Ethan has stated above. Staff, YouTubers, and streamers have this cosmetic so why not Immortal rank?

8) I think Skin changer is a fun thing that I personally would love to have if I was an Immortal consumer. It's a fun quirky thing that I could do. Let's say I wanted to change my skin to a player with a Minecon cape because I would like to see how it looks, then I can simply change my skin to a player who has a Minecon cape. I don't see an issue with having Skin Changer.

9) I will agree with Priority Map voting, I am a bit confused on this topic, as Mineplex has been very vague on it.

I do not see how MIneplex made a mistake re-branding PPC to make it better with no perks and a cool new tag. It gives a player a bigger incentive to buy it. I also don't see how Mineplex would revert Immortal back to PPC and have players be refunded. It's okay if you don't like the rank, just don't buy it. It's great for players who like the perks and want it. Anyways, I would like to see other people's opinions on this topic below.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    SpyNinja__, oCassi and M4RK7000 like this.
  16. From me, I know it's a bit biased since I am an Immortal Rank, but the yellow color doesn't seem to stick out that much. Yes, for games that use a yellow name color it is a little obnoxious but it's also bold so it's not too bad. I don't see people using color chat nearly at all and when you do try to use it, it resets color quite a bit throughout the messages and you have to add the color code multiple times. I think once everyone gets used to it it'll be fine.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  17. I mean aside from the fact that it violates the EULA :/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 16, 2020
  18. Besides a couple of things I find that can be changed, the rank in itself is fine. While there are other reasons it seems like you focused on the EULA one quite a bit. But I dont think that the rank should be straight up removed, but rather just be tweaked a bit if any change at all.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  19. Personally, for having Legend for the past few years, another rank does feel kinda of unnecessary. With the addition of Imortal, it brings the total rank count to 6.

From my stand-point, it is mainly for people that want extra bonuses and cosmetics in the lobby, or for people that stream or create content without a Twitch, YT, or YouTube rank.

I also feel like they are reusing a bunch of previous ideas.

"Ignore Velocity in the Hub" - Used to be a Content Creator and Staff Member only perk.
    "Join Message Broadcasted in Lobby" - Used to be a Legend perk when it was first released.
    "Animated Special Forum Tag" - Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that every rank USED to have an animated tag, so this is nothing new.
    "Stacker Minigame in Hub" - Used to be a feature for EVERYONE a couple years ago. Not sure why it is Immortal only. Feels kind of unnecessary at that point.

Now, let me also talk about the unneeded perks.
    "Skin Change System" - Well, if OP is correct, then not even having the ability to keep the changed skin in game is pointless. Feels like a very filler type of perk.
    "Rainbow Road & Excalibur Sword Names" - Do sword names even, matter? Like, I guess that if you have a sword name it makes you feel special, but there is literally no reason to have a sword name, because by the time someone is killed, they are already out of a game and queueing for the next one.
    "First Person Spectating When Dead" - I mean sure, if you are trying to see if they aren't cheating, but like I said in the last post, most people, as far as I know of, just queue for the next game, and don't spend time spectating.
    "Chat Color & Rank Color" - Why, just why. I'm not even going to go into detail with this, as many people above me already have.

There are a few things that are good about Immortal, but this reply is getting kind of lengthy, so I am going to end it here. I don't want this to feel like a bash against the Mineplex Community, Staff Team, or any Immortals. However, as a subscription-based rank, Immortal feels very unnecessary.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  20. You are both right and wrong. You are wrong about that server. It doesn't violate the the EULA. It is indeed controversial, but what makes it okay is that it is all player determined, not by the server itself. You earn those coins and exp based on how many players choose to tip for it. On top of that, they get coins and exp as well. It's a very weird, but effective loophole. You are right about Mojang not enforcing EULA though lol.

Posted Feb 22, 2020 at 1:00 PM
    SpitefulNick likes this.