• 3835 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13738 Players Online
  • 9903 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Every Other Day Trivia #2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dacked, Mar 25, 2020.

1. First of all, shout out to @PhoenixSky, @LT Tombstone 77, and @Korben (gone) (You will be missed :( for getting all 5 of the questions correct on day 1. The answers were C A A C D, so congrats for getting them all right.

Due to the support on the first one I decided to continue it. Let me know what you guys think and if I should keep doing these in the future because I have fun making them and like seeing them do well. Here are your five questions for today!

1. According to minecraft 1.15, how many different biomes are there?
    A. 42
    B. 21
    C. 5
    D. 19

2. To get the death message "was stabbed to death," what has to happen?
    A. Stabbed with a diamond sword
    B. Fall into a bamboo trap
    C. Pricked by a cactus to death
    D. Killed by the Elder Guardian

3. In Minecraft people consider there to be 3 bosses, the ender dragon, the wither, and the elder guardian.
    A. True
    B. False

4. Which mob is depicted on red chiseled sandstone?
    A. Herobrine
    B. Wither
    C. Skeleton horse
    D. Skeleton

5. What were villagers originally supposed to be?
    A. Zombies
    B. Skeletons
    C. Creepers
    D. Zombie Pigmen

Those are the questions for the day, it was a bit harder this time :).
    Have a good day!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  2. 1. A
    2. C
    3. A
    4. B
    5. A

Idk, I bet I got atleast 3 right :D

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  3. Question 1 - B
    Question 2 - C?
    Question 3 - A, I would say so
    Question 4 - B
    Question 5 - Uhhh A??

Also yes keep doing these!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  4. 1) C - In the Overworld alone, there are 67 biomes, which isn't one of your answers, but there are 5 basic categories.
    2) C
    3) B - The Elder Guardian has no bossbar, the purple bar at the top of the screen.
    4) B
    5) D

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  5. 1. According to minecraft 1.15, how many different biomes are there?
    A - 42

C - Pricked by a cactus to death

3. In Minecraft people consider there to be 3 bosses, the ender dragon, the wither, and the elder guardian.

A - True

B - Wither

D - Zombie Pigmen

Just wanna say I'm pretty sure that #5 is wrong, villages were originally going to be inhabited by a regular version of Pigmen, not Zombie Pigmen.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  6. Question 1) A
    Question 2) C
    Question 3) B
    Question 4) B
    Question 5) A
    I probably did horrible but I tried.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  7. 1. According to minecraft 1.15, how many different biomes are there?
    Well, I thought there were 67 actual biomes, although if you were to split them into types then I believe there would be 5. Not entirely sure on this one, but we’ll see.
    C. 5

I believe you have to be “killed” by a cactus for it to display that message. I’m not entirely sure, as it’s happened to me very little times, but I guess I’ll see if I’m right.

C. Pricked by a cactus to death

I’m almost 100% positive that is is false. While the Elder Guardian is hard to defeat and find, it isn’t a boss. I can agree on the Wither and Ender Dragon, but not the Elder Guardian. I also don’t believe the Elder Guardian has a bossbar.

B. False

Luckily, I know this answer. I’ve been paying Minecraft for a long time, and I know a lot of the block’s appearances almost perfectly. I believe there is a wither on the chiseled sandstone block. Hopefully my knowledge didn’t fail me!

B. Wither

I remember reading about this somewhere actually. I have read a lot of informational Minecraft books in the past, and their knowledge always sticks with me. I believe villagers were originally supposed to be Zombie Pigmen.

D. Zombie Pigmen

Well, that concludes my answers! It was fun doing these again, and I look forward to more of them. Hopefully I did a decent job on this one. I’m amazed I got everything right last time! Well, we’ll see. Good luck to everyone else answering!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  8. Look up biomes in 1.15, one of the options is correct.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2020
  9. It said zombie pigmen

OP OP
  10. I looked up biomes in 1.15 minecraft and it said 42, it isn't counting stuff like "bare dessert." Also the elder guardian is considered a boss. I understand it doesn't have a boss bar, but there are many, many you tubers that speed run "the three bosses," with the elder guardian being one. That's why it said "people consider." Hopefully that makes it more clear.

OP OP
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  11. hold up, there's a bamboo trap?

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    KerbalBoy, B3N and Dacked like this.
  12. I'm a person. I don't consider the Elder Guardian to be a boss. Therefore, people consider the Elder Guardian to not be a boss.

Ignoring that grammatical loophole, Minecraft's code disagrees. Under the category entity.boss, all the bosses and their related code is located. The understandable files in the entity.boss file are as follows: EntityDragon, EntityDragonPart and EntityWither. In other words, only Ender Dragons and Withers are treated as bosses.

I rest my case.

In my personal opinion, you should only reveal the answers in the next day's trivia, and you shouldn't encourage people to look up the answers. It's your thread though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  13. If you feel like I am wrong then don't participate? I do these for fun, so I'm not going to argue about it.

Have a good day!

OP OP
  14. Yea, I believe it is in jungle temples

OP OP
  15. My answers : C, C, A or B, B, (idk the last one) . There is no definite answer for the 3rd question. The Elder Guardian is considered as a "mini-boss" mob in java, which means it is between a boss and a mob.
    Even if youtubers do consider them as a boss, it is just for clickbait and for the fact it is hard to defeat. As @KerbalBoy mentioned, minecraft code (i assume for java) only considers the wither and the ender dragon as a boss, BUT in PE, it is considered a legit boss ( i believe the minecraft fandom wiki says so). Another argument that agrees with the Elder Guardian being a boss is the speedrun website that categorizes Elder Guardian as one of the bosses.

So I think it is safe to say Elder Guardian is supposedly a mob, but inherits some characteristics of a boss. Personally I never really thought about this when I defeat the elder guardian, but I would say it isn't a boss ( didn't really feel nor hear the boss music )

Posted Mar 27, 2020