• 342 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2921 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Event Suggestion: Skin Contests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by CupAWup, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Heres how it works: This is hosted every year. The theme is Mineplex along with another theme combined. For example, a Candy theme mixed with the Mineplex theme would be like candy Mineplex.

There should be like 6 max themes you can choose to go with Mineplex, like Abstract Mineplex, Winter Mineplex, Wild West Mineplex, ETC.

Here are some themes I would say NOT N-O-T to mix with Mineplex:

Themes containing s**ual content
    Themes containing things with horrid events (like that thing in 2001 that happened in New York)
    WW2 themes
    Themes that contain religious stuff.

Up there is the themes not to be added!!!

The winner will recieve some free shards, xp, and gems, and a chest. Also there will be a sticky on Arts and Banner showcase of the skin you made!!! The title will be called "Winner of the Skin Contest of _____."

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 9, 2019
    Mystic 0440 and BionicWither14 like this.
  2. Yo!
    Honestly I like the general idea of hosting a skin content, however, I don't think it can be sold nor will people be given an Artist tag for it since that's a paid position tag. There would also need to be a set theme every year not just do whatever they wanted since it would be harder to judge / review. Anyways, I'm pretty much a +1 on this and I'm gonna hit @EmmaLie since it's her decision.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    cerns and CupAWup like this.
  3. Great idea! I would like to ask how your skin would be sold.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  4. I guess they take your skin, and sell it on Planet Minecraft???

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 9, 2019
  5. That’s not how that works...

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  6. Then how does it work then? I'm not very good at marketplace (XD im not even a teen so...).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 9, 2019
  7. There’s no marketplace in Java, only Bedrock. You have to be part of he team in order to make skins to sell. Anyone can make skins and share them to the world for free in Java.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  8. I've participated in several skin contests on a completing server.

They host a yearly Halloween skin contest, awarding fabulous prizes to the top skins. You can even win a rank!

Now, while I doubt Mineplex would give out a rank, I'd think it possible to give out a title, shards, or chests. I don't have any say in that, however.

Agreeing with TeaSpiller in that there should be one set theme per contest, to make judging both more fair and easier.

The skin being sold would be an issue I believe, since skin packs... contain multiple skins. It's also a little weird if MP would directly profit off of something you offer for basically free.

I think it's a solid idea, contests are fun, and they can't all be Bridges tournaments.

Posted Jun 9, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 9, 2019
    nolawn and CupAWup like this.
  9. So the skin wont actually be sold as Mineplex would just make a profit

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 9, 2019
  10. Hello!

Sorry this is a bit late, but recently, @Bunni hosted a skin competition, which is exactly what this is suggesting! It allowed our players to express their creativity and have some fun with the chance to win prize in the end. As many players above me have said, it allows our community to engage in a friendly competition. While this is being implemented, we do not plan on adding in the custom banner since it is not something that we usually do at events because of the fact that it requires development, which is much better used elsewhere. Thanks for the suggestion and feel free to create a new one if you have any more ideas!

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Bunni and Klobby like this.
  11. I would like to see events like this being held more often... but... as with the past few that I have entered... there is a big BUT to these events, and that being that these events are solely directed to Java and in no way incorporate Bedrock in the planning especially in the prize winnings.
    I participated in the event Moderator jxcb is talking about that was a Mineplex event hosted by Bunni for the skin competition for the Halloween event called Spooktober. Yes, I won 3rd place, and my prize which was a Java prize, I had to give away... I do have a Java account but don't really play there, just not good. So I gave away the crate I won to a Java player.
    I would like somehow for people who create these events to start considering that Mineplex is NOT just Java, it is also Bedrock... otherwise start another website for Bedrock and make sure they are exclusive since that is what we are now and we are not a "we" it's you a you Java, and a me Bedrock...
    The event Bunni hosted crates were given to the 3 winners and top winner received shards and more than 1 crate, which was I guess Java's better crate, so it did not include rank. So, don't know why crates can't be given as prizes to Bedrock winners vs nothing. My understanding is that rank can't be because it is sold in the Marketplace in Bedrock but Java is not set up that way but think it is only players who can buy and give away the rank and not Mineplex.
    Lastly, we at Bedrock are confined to white skins... a skin contest seems at this point redundant, I don't know if the skins show in Java... but it is not that these skins are kept by Mineplex it is just to show your talent in designing a skin... so whether I am forever white and I got to forever give away my prize ... I would definitely be down for have more than just once a year contests of these types but held within a Halloween, or Christmas, etc event where more than one thing is going on in the community.
    Great idea @CupAWup

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  12. To add to what Jacob said, we couldn’t give gems and xp as a prize - that’s just not possible or something we can do it in our prize system.
    @Mystic 0440
    Update; yeah, after asking bedrock prizes are pretty much not existent. We’ll only do java prizes for our events.
    it’s not that we don’t want to do bedrock events or we don’t consider it, it’s that it’s a lot harder to host them. Bedrock prizes are entirely different than java and they aren’t handled in our current prize system. It’s just not something we can do. They’re more complicated to do for normal forum events, that’s why they’re given out for special events (often not hosted by us).

To address the OP: We could definitely do a skin contest again, though, for the 12 days of Mineplex events coming up.

Posted Nov 20, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 20, 2019
    Klobby, Mystic 0440 and jxcb like this.
  13. Ya, I understand that @Bunni, and it is appreciated to have that answer. But there is nothing stopping us Bedrock players from entering the contest, is there? just we would have to know a Java player to pass our prize onto if we become a winner, that isn’t an issue or is it? Appreciate the answes.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  14. I think this is a great idea! I’d love to see a lots of players in a lobby showing off skins and having fun! Also can you put more detail into how many shards/exp/gems they get? Overall this is a great idea! +1

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  15. Yeah, bedrock players can still enter!

Posted Nov 21, 2019