• 71 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1352 Players Online
  • 1281 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Event Squad... the story so far

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AAR2020, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Have you ever wondered what was the start of EVENT-1, the start of ES, EmmaLie administration, EA and the demise and CM re-takeover. Find out now!
    Credits: Website, MP Wiki
    Special thanks to
    @MiningCreeper
    @EmmaLie
    @Bunni
    former ES
    current CM
    MP Wiki
    @rosmeme

Chapter 1: Good beginnings (2017)
    The year is 2017, a good year. At this point an old CoM led by *cricket sounds* had two subteams, Community Relations and Event Management. Sure, event people were stuck under one subteam, not a team itself, but hey, they got that cool Server Management tag on..... wait for it, ENJIN (then this web). Now, Events in the hands of CoM didn't seem to be working, and if this seems a bit, wut? Consider two things

1: both subteams did things differently and wasn't working.
    2: BC of the subteam different behaviours, the team seemed to be CoM and leaned towards CR bc it seemed like the main goal

This led to a split, and consider a thing in a split.

"There is no such thing as a clean transition of power"- AAR

First, no documents tell whether EM was Community allowed and if it was, were community members promoted to Sr.Mod? That's a bit......... weird since it breaks the traditional system.

Anyways, a new team, made from a subteam, ES was formed, completely focused on Events

No, not those holiday ones, real EVENT-1 ones and others......

It was around this time, EmmaLie came. She soon became influential in both CoM and ES and would ummm be like @Bunni is to her, Right-Hand.

Chapter 2: Age of Growth (Dec 2017-March 2018)

So now, ES has started slow. But hey, look at EVENT-1 and Pumpkin's Revenge

So not much is known about this period, because of many players who were here quit in the later years, asking players was a bit hard. Written documents were nowhere to be found so I had to resort to the info visible to my eyes. Like Emma's power growing and the CoM-ES (scandal?? IDK really)

Chapter 3: Emma Takeover and administration 2018-2022

TBA

Posted Aug 11, 2022
  2. BTW if a CoM member responds, I'll edit it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2022
  3. I'd like to point out, EA has been a subteam for much longer than 2017, I remember applying for it in the beginning of 2015 whenever I first got staff.

Community Management and Events Squad both had many different splits and merges throughout the past many years, not just under EmmaLie's management. It has also held a few different names.

Posted Aug 14, 2022
  4. As Emilie said, this team was around for much longer than 2017: EVENT-1 Has been a thing for many many years, Back in the days Trainee Acceptance Parties had a dedicated event (mid 2015), the Event Squad was very popular. In addition to that they were also around in many TeamSpeak events like the Mineplex Karaoke and the many many times an Admin (or Developer) hosted an MPS.

Posted Aug 14, 2022
    Emiliee likes this.