• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Event Schedule Changes!

Discussion in 'Events' started by EmmaLie, Jan 7, 2019.

1. EmmaLie

EmmaLie

Hello everyone and welcome to an exciting announcement!

During the past couple of months, the events team has had numerous conversations about how we can make events better for you guys and we’ve decided to change up the way our events schedule works and introduce new and creative events for you all to enjoy.

One of the biggest changes we’re making is that our schedule won’t be the same set of events hosted throughout the entire season. Each week will have something different but we’re going to be focusing on quality over quantity. While we enjoy the events we host now, we want to create an experience that isn’t just the same games like OP Cakewars/KB Micro Battles because let's be honest, that gets super repetitive and isn’t as special when we do it so often. Because we’re putting more time and energy into these events, we will have fewer events each week. We’re going to stick to at least 4 per week, 1 for US/EU/AU and then Karaoke on Saturdays.

Mineplex.com/events will get updated every Sunday with the events for the following week. Each week will be different but we’re going to create a balance between the games you love to play and also new and creative content. Expect more storyline events, some new concepts we’ll be trying out (more info soon), more staff/community interaction and also events that are more personal. Events are about connecting with you guys and that should always be our #1 priority.

Keep in mind that this is a completely new system and we might run into a few issues here and there but that’s a part of the process. Change can be intimidating but it inspires new beginnings and we can’t wait to go on this journey with you guys.

If anyone has any questions/concerns or you want to suggest an event idea, you can message any Event Squad member!

Event Squad Information: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/event-squad-information.4831/

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    hazeae24, Zipppo, Kisme and 1 other person like this.
  2. Caiym / BasicT

Caiym / BasicT

Its great to see changes in the system as I have heard many players complaining about the method we are using before, and as you said, it was getting repetitive over time. Now, I believe adding this will bring variety into events which I believe events really needed to make them spark in the community. I really hope these changes make events even better than they were before!
    Thanks!
    ~Caiym (BasicT)

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    EmmaLie likes this.
  3. Bunni

Bunni

I'm really happy to have helped come up with the new concept and can't wait to host all these new events for you guys! I think it's going to be a great year for events (:

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    EmmaLie and Caiym / BasicT like this.
  4. Zipppo

Zipppo

This is a very exciting change and I'm definitely glad to see it announced, it's going to take events in a new direction which we do need at the moment. I'm really looking forward to being able to help host the events with the rest of this amazing and extremely hard working team. I'm also excited for the opportunity to continue to work closely with the community, and thank the team for what they've done so far - I hope you'll all enjoy them. <3

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  5. Oscaros_

Oscaros_

A nice change which is going to hopefully bring out events a lot! I've personally loved working as an EA with Emily and Bunni, and I think that the team is doing great. Also very pumped to get creating some of my own ideas and hopefully turn them into fun realities for the community to enjoy, and the other hosts and me to enjoy hosting and test out new ideas! :) Here's to a great season.​

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  6. Pancake_7 // ppancake

Pancake_7 // ppancake

This sounds like an interesting update and I’m definitely excited to see a change of schudele. The events were still fun, but this will definitely increase the level of enjoyment! I must say, I’m happy that karaoke is still going to be on Saturdays, as that’s my favorite event.

Posted Jan 7, 2019