• 538 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2622 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Event Idea: Super Smash Mobs Tournament

Discussion in 'Events' started by Puppet, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Hello!

I suggest that Mineplex hold an SSM tournament.

Ruleset:
    Best of 1
    1v1v1v1
    Random Map (unless you can provide valid reasons why a map should be banned)

Rules:
    Smash Crystals are NOT allowed to be used
    No Stalling
    Both of those in addition to the Mineplex rules

Breaking the rules will have you disqualified

Thanks for reading! I am open to suggestions! :D
    @EmmaLie @Block2Block @Bunni @BillNye @Marzie

Posted Oct 13, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 14, 2019
    Sven and Mitchy like this.
  2. Hiya!
    I mean, we could try to plan an SSM tournament. The problem is we'd have to do sign-ups in order to make it work properly, and we might not be able to do it officially. However, seeing a mini-tournament planned by one of us in an unofficial setting would be kind of cool - just like a general event on an MES.
    Not too sure how we would disable smash crystals spawning/ the collection of them except to warn people not to use them. Overall though maybe we can do something with it in the future.
    Also, having 1v1s would take a while - we would need to include more people in it, otherwise it would be pretty boring.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Im_Ken and Klobby like this.
  3. Or you could take smash crystals out of the game entirely for SSM as a whole since the GI and the vast majority of competitive players want them removed.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  4. We could do teams. For the smash crystals, we just say you can't use them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019
  5. Before a tournament can even be planned, SSM needs balance changes separate from the removal of crystals.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  6. Why separate?

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  7. By that I mean not only the removal of Smash Crystals but stat/ability changes too.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  8. Why?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019
  9. As an avid SSM player, I would love to see an SSM tournament be implemented. Back in 2015, we had 1v1v1v1 tournaments all the time and they were always really interesting to play in. Instead of doing a 1v1, I would be interested to see a 1v1v1v1 where matches are done in brackets. I think this adds a bit more of an interesting element to the game and requires more strategy on the part of an individual player. Plus, with the existence of smash crystals (presumably) it would lessen the overpower nature of the smash crystals as there would be more people.

------------

Also would agree with @Bunni in that Im not too sure how you would disable the use of smash crystals aside from saying that they are not to be used otherwise it warrants disqualification but seeing as smash crystals are a part of the game, I do not see that being a rule for this tourney.

I do like this idea and hope the events squad and EA seriously considers this tournament. I know the SSM community has been dwindling down in numbers and I feel a tournament would really help to revitalize the game mode.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Puppet likes this.
  10. I think a tournament would be nice but if there are smash crystals, no competitive player is going to want to join and that destroys the whole point of the tournament

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  11. The whole point of the tournament doesn't have to be extremely competitive in nature, it could just be for fun. That's something that the organizers need to finalize because it does change the nature of the tournament. Although smash crystals can be in the game and rules can be made as to their use. For example, rules can be made that outright bans the use of them or that if you do, you can only kill one person with it per use. What I'm trying to say is that there are ways to manipulate these factors with the existence of smash crystals in game.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  12. Can we make this like a real smash tourney and ban characters?

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Mitchy and matrixyst like this.
  13. Let @Whoneedspacee help organise the tournament and you won't have a problem with this issue

Posted Oct 15, 2019