• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7499 Players Online
  • 4609 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Evade should be nerfed

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Jrawt, Jul 4, 2020.

1. When coming back to Champions during quarintine i noticed that despite my year break, the one thing that made assassin op had not at all been changed. And that thing was Evade.

Evade is probably the one ability that makes assassin mains almost unkillable when used properly. When getting into a fight they can hold it for up to 3 seconds recieving no damage from weapons (except projectiles), and even though some people argue that you can wait for the charge to run out, if the assassin is playing aggressive and suddenly uses it, it's almost impossible to react in time. When teleporting behind, the assassin then receives 2 seconds of immunity (don't know whether it's a bug or not) where they can't get a maximum of 3 hits before then repeating the proccess. Even if you turn around when they evade, those 2 seconds of immunity allows them to do damage before evading again, ultimately until you're dead.

I've encountered so many assassin where they play aggressive and spam evade, and even if you wait it out, they then use leap or flash to get away and let it recharge. That goes the same for if you're trying to run away. So maybe it can have some nerf so people can't spam it, since right now with this strat, assassins are almost unkillable.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. Assassins are OP for quite a few reasons besides Evade. I hear where you're coming from, some Assassins using Evade aggressively can be quite challenging to fight. There are players who have been using the skill for years now and have gotten impressively good at timing it. Evade works super well with other skills like Combo Attack and Backstab making it even stronger. Overall it's a very good skill that makes Assassins very dangerous in melee.

All that said though, I don't believe that Evade should be nerfed. There are ways to combat Evade proactively instead of just not hitting it. I try and fight assassins close to water so if they were to Evade it would just dump them right in the water. This basically guarantees the Assassins death. During fights you can also attempt to bait out the Evade. Try running towards an Assassins whilst clicking but still very much out of melee range. There's a decent chance they'll go for an easy Evade on you and just block as soon as you're close enough. But fear not! As soon as you're in range just stop clicking. There are other strategies you can try as well. Of course this changes from player to player but usually you'll find that Assassins like to Evade after getting hit twice. You can preemptively stop hitting them after the second hit. As soon as they screw up their Evade they're either dead or forced to retreat. Try using skills that cause slowness to prevent them from Recalling away. Crippling Blow and Takedown work very well for this!

If none of these work you can always just drop melee and try Ranger or Mage out. These classes can cause lots of damage without swinging their sword once! Lightning Orb and Static Lazer great for this. With Ranger you could use Longshot and try to land a hit on them from afar. They can't use an Evade on you if they're already dead after all ;p

Hopefully this helps! Feel free to ping me in-game and I can show you some other tricks too :D

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Wiz2K, Jarif, Jrawt and 3 others like this.
  3. 100% I agree with you. Evade is quite broken; however, pwess did bring up a valid point that Evade is not the only thing that makes Assassin a broken class. Like pwess said Combo Attack and Backstab are also major factors in Evade's dominance.

But, if you look back a few years, you will find Old Evade or, as it should be known, "Balanced Evade". This version of Evade did not have the type of invincibility you talked about and relied on complex arts that have long been forgotten these days like Leap Stalling (a technique using Leap and Old Webs to hide above entrances and get Backstabs on unsuspecting targets).

It is quite likely that Mineplex has a copy of Old Evade and even if they don't, an amateur Java Programmer, I could probably code Old Evade in 1-2 weeks.

So if Mineplex has a problematic skill, Evade, and if Mineplex has a solution to this problematic skill, Old Evade, then there is nothing stopping Mineplex from implementing Old Evade back into the game.

Some could say that fixing Evade won't fix all the issues in the game and they are correct but I say this: In Programming, we solve the big picture problem by solving smaller problems. Evade is a small problem that we can solve RIGHT NOW. Assassin as a whole is the big picture problem but once we fix Evade, you'll see some of the other problems solve themselves.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  4. Evade is busted in clans, you evade and the server lags. Combo is fine but backstab is broken. It also isnt hars to counter unless you're like swipy

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  5. Combo Attack is not fine. It's all damage and has almost no utility which is not fine. But I will agree that Backstab is very broken because it is even MORE damage than Combo Attack; however, both Combo Attack and Backstab are easy to counter but at what cost. Going Takedown 5 leaves you defenseless to Rangers. Going Lightning Orb 5, Void 3 leaves you defenseless to a 3v1.

The solution to Combo Attack is to nerf its damage into the ground and rebrand the ability as a "Starter Assassin Ability."

The solution to Backstab is to, again, nerf its damage; however, not as bad as Combo Attack's nerf would be. Then to add some sort of utility to the ability like "For every 3 Backstabs on the same target, a miniature Smoke Bomb will go off for the user that keeps the user invisible for 2 seconds."

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  6. thats not broken at all...

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Astai likes this.
  7. merknz

Posted Jul 6, 2020
  8. Evade is probably one of the most broken abilities in the game. There's virtually no cool-down, and when it's paired with an autoclicker and/or the person is blockhitting, it becomes even more broken.
    In most fights hitting the evade is not an option especially when if you don't swing back you're guaranteed to die. I think they should go back to when evade wasn't spammable and took more of a sense of timing to use.
    As pwess stated above, fighting in/near water is a good tactic, but the issue with that would be assassins using shift evade which doesn't place them behind meaning they don't evade into the water and is generally for me, harder to fight.

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    Starx280, Jrawt and CaptainKhan like this.
  9. Yes.

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    Starx280 and Jrawt like this.
  10. I think the Evade time window should be reduced to 1 second or below, there have been times where I successfully bait an evade out of a sin and when I go on for the hit they still successfully evade.

Posted Jul 8, 2020
    Starx280 and Jrawt like this.
  11. Planning on reducing it to ~1.3 seconds from the current window of 2 seconds. Would like more opinions on this.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  12. Hey,

Evade is very strong currently and should be nerfed. I suggest making the skill have 4 levels. Cooldown scaling would be 2/1.5/1/0.5. Level 5 would have no cooldown. To offset this nerf, decrease the cooldown of the failed evade to 15/14/12/11 seconds.

When I read your post I noticed that even though you did point out issues that are true, you exaggerated them. Evade lasts for precisely 2s. When teleported, Assassins have brief invincibility lasting for about 0.5s~. They can land at most 1 free hit. Any other hits they attempt against you are dangerous to them because you can hit them. Fighting against an Evade assassin is a mind game and requires you to have good prediction skills to effectively read and react to them.

Posted Jul 10, 2020
    Hydroticx, Starx280 and Jrawt like this.