• 316 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4823 Players Online
  • 4507 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Evade recharge

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by tgjt_, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Hi there,

Assassin is a class beloved by many Champions players. The sword skill 'Evade' is used by most (competitive) assassins. As many of you will probably have noticed, Evade is supposed to have a two second cooldown (screenshot included). Upon hitting a player's evade, however, the cooldown immediately decreases to approximately zero. This effectively enables a player to instantly use Evade again after evading. A quick inquiry with staff learned me that the provided skill description is outdated and this is, in fact, how Evade is supposed to function. It was changed a couple of years ago.

I do support this change. Before, Evade was a pointless skill, allowing your attackers to swiftly knock you back after your evade. Yet changing it to an instant recharge does not have my support. Why not? It's simple. The assassin using Evade always has an advantage over the other player, being able to hit before the player has fully turned around. Allowing players to evade instantly (and unlimitedly) grants the assassin a significant advantage over its opponent. Combine this with the fact that assassins don't deal knockback, allowing them to make use of high cps, and a one-on-one fight with an assassin with high cps becomes practically unwinnable.

Long story short: please increase this skill's recharge. The instant recharge is (in my humble opinion) not balanced and needs revision. The Evade cooldown should be set to a value at which the assassin can evade within reasonable time and at which the assassin's opponent has a reasonable opportunity to damage the assassin. Please note that although this thread was placed in the Champions section of the Forums, it most certainly applies to Clans as well.

Kind regards,
    tgjt_

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 22, 2022
    ItsMeTanish, Eqsa and Paladise like this.
  2. Hey, I completely agree. I used to main Assassin for years when I played Dominate competitively. It's been a little bit since I've played, so long in fact that I didn't know the cooldown was changed to this. The reason I mention that is because, while I've played the game a lot and feel I have decent experience with it, I'm not super knowledgeable lately on how the game has changed, or what the overall community wants in upcoming changes. With that said, I agree with everything you said. I feel a 2 second cooldown is slightly too long to make use, but having it be infinite is just as bad if not worse, a skilled Assassin can most likely abuse this quite easily. I'm all for changing the cooldown to something more realistic, maybe 0.75-1.25 seconds to make it manageable, however, I'm totally interested in hearing what other players may feel is a reasonable change, or what peoples opinions are on your thread in general.

Thanks for bringing this up, I agree with what you said and I really hope this is worked on it an update soon.

Posted Jan 23, 2022
    tgjt_ likes this.
  3. increase cooldown after succeeding, shorten cooldown after missing

Posted Feb 19, 2022
    ItsMeTanish and tgjt_ like this.