• 1281 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9719 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Evade Help

Discussion in 'Champions' started by 1ceCo1d, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hello

I just recently started playing in CCL scrims again. The last time I played was like 2015-16. I have been using illusion since I started playing champions but it is banned so that means I have to use evade. I just wanted to know some tips for using evade effectively. In a pub Dom game I can use it very well, but in scrims my evades always get predicted. I also wanted to know some builds you guys run, because the meta has changed a lot since the last time I played.

Posted Jul 15, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I have to agree with you that evade is easily predicted, which it is. Especially by those players that are Veterans of the Champions Community and know what they're doing. All I can suggest is that you should practice using evade more to get more used to it and learn how to use it efficiently in scrims. I also recommend block-hitting, which works most of the time.

Here are some builds I use as of right now:
    Brute:
    Sword - None
    Axe - Takedown 5
    Passive A -Bloodlust 3
    Passive B - Crippling Blow 1
    Passive C - Resistance 2

Ranger:
    Sword - Disengage 2
    Axe - None
    Bow - Napalm 4
    Passive A - Overcharge 3
    Passive B - Longshot 3
    Passive C - None

Knight:
    Sword - Defensive Stance 1
    Axe - Roped Axe Throw 2
    Passive A - Swordsmanship 3
    Passive B - Vengeance 3
    Passive C - Resistance 2

Mage:
    Sword - Inferno 1
    Axe - Ice Prison 5
    Passive A - Void 3
    Passive B - Magma Blade 3
    Passive C - None

Assassin:
    Sword - Evade 1
    Axe - Blink 4
    Bow - Silencing Arrow 1
    Passive A - Smoke Bomb 2
    Passive B - Combo Attack 3
    Passive C - None

I hope this helped you out. Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  3. Hey

Thanks for the builds and tips!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  4. Oooooooh my god I'm so glad someone asked
    Before I say anything I recommend playing on the version 1.8.9, and using a 1.7 animations mod so that you can blockhit effectively.
    I love evade and I think it's one of the best skills assassin has because of how many great plays that you can make with it.
    Please add me on discord, "Xion#1082", and I can show you a montage with me using evade that I can't send here because it has an inappropriate song.

The best way to use evade is to tap left and right click when you know that they're about to hit you. This makes it very hard to predict, because the enemy will never see you actually blocking, and you'll get a hit in as well because you blockhit. Never use evade when entering a fight initially because that is very predictable and cripples you pretty much every time. Also, don't spam evade every second, because that is also very predictable. I tend to do that in Dom games against people that don't know, but if you want to practice using it like a professional then you don't want to do that just yet.

Also, make sure to be aware of your surroundings. If you need to use evade, and the person who is going to hit it is next to water, hold shift when you evade. This teleports you backwards instead of behind the player into the water. You can also use shift evade to disengage from fights, because most people won't look forward after hitting an evade.
    (you also have to tap shift when you tap evade, so they don't notice, you should be able to hold it a bit longer though)

I don't have time to put more tips but if you add me on discord, I can totally help you out more.

~Xion

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    SpicyBREE likes this.
  5. Hi

Your Brute build - Toxic anti-assassin
    Your Ranger build - Clans ranger (super toxic)
    Your Knight build - Captain America build (again, basically counters every player no matter their skill unless the opponent is ranger so KINDA TOXIC and annoying).
    Your Mage build - I don't even know what this is. I guess you are combining an anti-Windblade build from clans with Fire mage without Immolate.
    Assassin - I actually used to use this build back in like 2014-ish just with Smoke Arrow so Good Job.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  6. Hey there!

So my Mage build is basically trying to be Anti-Assassin. This works because if they're in illusion/smoke bomb while in my Ice Prison, I can make them visible. They would take loads of damage as well.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  7. In a pub Dom game I can use it very well, but in scrims my evades always get predicted.
    -icecold

The reason may be that the target they are hitting has dissapeared, and if they understand the ability and illusion is disabled it would make sense for them to 180 asap. I feel like that was a captain obvious but idk XD. i always like evade in casual its hilarious. Smoke, evade backstab. :).

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  8. Ya some of those builds were toxic but whatever

Thanks for the tips xion

Ya pub dom evade is fun

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  9. I usually run an Immolate Mage, Skills are as following:

Sword: Static Lazer 3
    Axe: Fissure 3
    Passive A: Immolate
    Passive B: Magma Blade 3
    Global Passive: Mana Regeneration 1

The problem for most assassins with this build is that it 2-3 shots them in meelee combat.
    Therefore it is important to use Smoke Bomb/Recall Effectively.
    Aditionally, when gaining time by using evade/SB, you should sometimes
    soup instead of hitting, it may save your life.
    Generally, watch what you enemy is doing and predict what he/she will predict. When he/she is waiting for your Evade to fail, don't do so aswell but start hitting them again as fast as possible, if you cannot hold up use Smoke Bomb / Recall and just run away, nobody can catch an assassin.

Posted Jul 21, 2019