• 960 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9398 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Eu to be merged.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Warwick4L, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am fully aware that Mineplex attempted this before but failed drastically.
    However, I feel like EU and US needs to be merged. The EU server is just not a nice place to be. Anyone who has a bad connection can only play very few games without waiting for ages to get into a game. Or maybe EU should be shut down and just redirect the the USA proxy.

Current EU stats (time of posting)

Players in lobbies: 22
    Players in-game: 26
    Players in-MPS: 0

48 total players online...

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    DayOfTheDead likes this.
  2. Hey,

To be honest, I agree the servers should be merged. The EU server is lacking players and it's really hard to queue into a game you like in less than 5-10 minutes I find. Recently, I've been playing on the US server and I haven't really been onto EU except for playing my player server with my friend. I personally don't have that bad connection when I'm on the US servers, but I understand how some people do and it's unplayable for them on US servers. US servers are the easiest way to play games and I think a merge would benefit both the EU and the US community.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  3. I definitely agree. I'm from Canada and play on the US server, so I cannot really speak on the connection issues that EU players suffer on the US server. However, I know that most EU players play on the US server anyways, and there are very few players remaining on the EU server. At this point in the life of Mineplex, it seems almost wasteful to have an entire EU server for only a very small number of players.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  4. Being an EU player it's very disheartening to see EU not doing so well as it means I have to play on US, where my ping can be dodgy sometimes.

Plus agreeing with @Goudge having a whole server for a small amount of people seems a bit wasteful.

A merge would be good, I'm not sure how it'll work but something needs to be done, in my opinion.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  5. Hi!
    As a European who plays on the US server, I support this idea. I can't speak for those further east, but currently, my ping is alright playing on the US and I live in South England. I believe if this merge were to happen, it would be a good idea and concentrate our community into one place, however, I'd recommend some sort of way to make it so that Europeans can have better ping, as those further east from me might have problems.
    Note: I've met many other Europeans on the US server but they all seemed to be from Britain, perhaps something to think about?

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  6. Hello!

Actually, I'll support this idea of merging EU & US server into the one network. There are a couple of problems on EU server like lack of players in games and lack of moderation. I definitely believe we should do something to resolve these problems. However just removing EU server won't be so good, in my opinion as most players who were playing on EU, will be upset.

From like February, I have an idea in my mind about how we can merge two networks into one server and satisfy EU players. Sadly, I can't set aside time to create a thread which will explain that idea in all details, so I'll do that here. Basically, the main point of this idea to have Lobby servers hosted on only US but game servers itself on EU/US. So, the player will have the ability to select what region he wants to prioritize in the queue. I'm sure it will resolve most problems what we have on EU, especially moderation part as staff will able to moderate both EU & US games because we'll able to join EU game servers from US game/lobby servers. The difference between EU & US game server will be that EU servers will have EU prefix at the beginning, so it will look somehow like that: "EU-CW4-9" or "EU-MB-4". It should be possible to do as most PvP practise servers have a thing to select the region where to play. Why Mineplex can't have something like that too?

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  7. Hey there.

I'm an EU player who is forced to play on the US server most of the time now, due to the low player count on the EU server. Unfortunately for me, my ping is pretty bad on the US server, so there is nothing I can do. Merging the US and EU servers could be more efficient with helping EU players find games.

I think this is a good idea, and I'd definitely support something like this. Adding prefixes to the servers could make it clear to EU players where they may find better ping.

I hope that Mineplex considers implementing something like this in the future so that the EU Mineplex community have more people to play with.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  8. Hey!

So this idea has been discussed an incredible amount of time in the past. A couple of years ago, we actually tried to merge the servers and let's just say it was a HOT MESS. Once the servers were merged, it was reversed within almost 24 hours of it happening due to complaints of lag and frames and a lot of other issues.

Also, the main point I see missing on here that nobody has brought up yet. The former leader, t3hero, discussed this matter not too long ago and he stated that Mineplex is in an official contract to have both a US and EU server with the hosting company. As a result of this, it is not that easy to just to snap one's fingers and have the whole EU server merged with the US server as there will be some issues there.

The EU server is also a great place where our Quality Assurance team tests soon-to-be-released updates before launching it on the US server.

I can understand the frustration of the EU members who may feel as though they are being forced to play on the US server due to a greater player base but we tried it once before and nobody liked it. For me, it's best to leave well-enough alone.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    neropatti and ATruePitato like this.
  9. I think it would be nice to see a merge and benefit both servers but like the Moderator above me stated, it is unlikely this will happen.

However, I suppose if you are an EU player you could still play on the US server even if there is no lag.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  10. Heyo!

I understand the concept that you've shared with us however I feel as this will simply create a mess. I feel as if @Sven did a wonderful job explaining why this wouldn't work and why this didn't work in the past. Personally, I completely understand that the majority of the EU server comes and plays on the US server, however I'm sure most of them lag. I was recently playing with a friend from the EU on the US server and he was lagging quite often, his chat was delayed, etc.

Secondly, I feel as if the EU server has their nice and welcoming small community. I don't believe many players will appreciate this if we merged the two which will cause players to lag. I'm certain that most of the EU players have played on the US server but simply couldn't manage the lag and frame drops that the US server was effecting.

Overall, I commend you for creating this idea however I'm opposed to it. Honestly, I don't think it'll work and I'm sure that a lot of EU players will want to go back to the EU server. -1 from me.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  11. Obviously, the EU server is mainly a big part to EU people mainly due to the drastic affect on their ping and the strength of their connection. You have to consider the fact that EU people sometimes have terrible ping on US, I'm not one of them, but I know EU mods that have horrible problems with this themselves.

Now, a merge between the two deleting EU may not be so good, but I would definitely vouch for some kind of EU/US together on one server. What if they both had the same IP but the server could send through two different locations of server, one in EU and the other in NA or wherever our current US server is being held. I don't know if this is technically possible, it may be completely a stupid idea but I'm not sure! Be sure to tell me your suggestions :)

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  12. At first sight, this seems like a pretty great idea. However, I feel like there’s way too many things that could go wrong, regarding player connection and lag. Like what was said before, this was attempted a while back and it failed. The only way I can see this becoming a thing again, is if they are able to somehow fix the issues the merge creates.

I would love some kind of merge/way for both US and EU to play together with minimal lag. But again, this might end up like a ‘hot mess’ like it was before :c. And I agree with Oscaros_, if that idea is possible, that’d be great!

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    SpikeCreates likes this.
  13. Honestly I’m probably going to be the only one against it but merging the servers again is a no in my book. After seeing the effects of it first hand, unless all the issues can be sorted out fully and tested to the fullest potential, it just won’t work. It might cause the same issues again and make a lot of people angry. In order for it to work all the issues need to be sorted out and I’m not really for taking the risk again, imo.
    I wrote this without reading any of the replies previous and I just glanced up to see @24OO has a similar opinion (along with some others above them).
    If somehow a compromise can be tested and fully executed, then yeah I’m for it. But until then it’s just not a good idea to go through with.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    24OO and ATruePitato like this.
  14. Hello! So I know this has been suggested a lot of times and there are actually a good few reasons as to why we cannot do this with the servers.

The first being that this has actually been done in the past and due to backlash from the community was reversed in under 24 hours I am pretty sure. This made the server really laggy and made EU players upset as some players from the EU do not have a good connection on US.

The next reason being that Mineplex as a company is actually (according to t3hero, ex-Leader) in a contract with the server hosts to have a EU and US server and of course it is not as easy to just drop out of a contract or breach a contract.

Finally, This isn't really needed and I actually believe the EU server is not as much of an issue and people think. The EU server is a good way to test new updates such as the new lobby and the new queuing system. So it is actually very handy and comes in good use!

Posted Jul 22, 2019
  15. Yo!

At this current moment in time, the Mineplex Leadership Team does not plan on merging the US and the EU servers together. As stated by the lovely users above, EU still has consistent players on it and we also use it to help test frequent updates. We also have a contract with the server hosts reagrding both servers, so this isn't a change that can be made all at once.

If you have anymore questions, comments, or concerns feel free to PM me!
    Thread locked - Not Planned
    Already denied by LT

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    Warwick4L likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.