• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7632 Players Online
  • 4742 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

EU Servers

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by whatup, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why did the EU servers just got taken down in the past? I heard it is for the issue with not enough players, but was it really that bad? I remember playing with tons of EU players and very much of them still play. It's kinda annoying to play with 100-99k ping everyday.

Posted Aug 8, 2020
  2. It might be something like Hypixel China, you never know. EU might've just stopped hosting there.

Posted Aug 8, 2020
  3. EU servers were removed due to a lack of players as well as unneeded development time needed to keep both servers running, games were also struggling to start etc.

This thread has further information about the choice that you can view:
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/eu-announcement.69262/

Posted Aug 8, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 8, 2020
  4. EU had zero players as said above, and there weren't really many players from the EU it seemed like, most of them moved over to the US servers since most of the players were there.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  5. Hey,

I don't always have the best ping when I'm playing Mineplex, being from Ireland, but it's something I have to live with. If you're passionate about playing on the server, you will find a workaround. As the other users above have already told you, the EU game servers were switched off in late 2019, mainly due to the decline in player count. As you likely know, it can be difficult to fill up game servers during certain times of the day. As such, you can only imagine what it would be like if this was split in two, so the merge gave way to faster queue times and a higher player count all in one place. The development time to integrate new features onto the network was also reduced as the limited number of Developers we currently have don't have to worry about implementing features onto independent EU and US game servers.

Hopefully this provided you with some insight as to why the decision was made, and why it's beneficial to leave it like that. There aren't any plans to reverse this change and it's unlikely that will ever happen. However, as your question has been answered, I will now be locking this thread. Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns you might have regarding that. To learn more about the "merge", so to speak, feel free to check out this thread.

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    xWand and Paladise like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.