• 872 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2956 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

EU Mineplex

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Killer, Nov 10, 2019.

?

Would you like EU Mineplex to return?

1. Yes I would love it

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No thank you

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hello fellow minemen. I am here today to not only find out if such a change will be possible, but also what it would take. If you didn't realise it already, I am talking about the eu.minexplex.com server, or just EU Mineplex. I have recently returned a little bit to the Minexplex competitive scene also known as the Podcrash Competitive League. It is sad to say the league has suffered a big loss with the removal of EU Mineplex. It has removed the close competition within the league to simply a couple of American teams dominating. I as a European have great disadvantages when playing and it simply removes the fun. I have seen myself and all my friends leave Mineplex for the removal of EU. It's sad to say that the server I once loved ruined my experience and didn't care what the community thinks. I want EU back, and I know all my fellow Europeans do. Atleast the chance to play competitivly on good ping and have a shot at being the best. If you would want EU back please vote yes on the poll below.

Thanks for reading, Killer.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    Ruud04 and Redcy like this.
  2. Hiya.

As a fellow EU player, the higher ping is pretty annoying for me to deal with as well. However, it was removed due to the extremely low player count on the server, as well as the decision by LT not to separate the EU and US communities. In addition to this, the merge was done to allow for faster game starting times. Whilst I sympathise with you, and also understand that the high ping makes competitive games less fun, it has already been stated that EU servers won't be coming back at all: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/eu-announcement.69262/

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    Passengers likes this.
  3. Hi!

There was a thread AlexTheCoder posted back in August. Some information here is really helpful. https://www.mineplex.com/threads/eu-announcement.69262/

One thing in that thread said, 'While we know some of you have complaints about this merge, we unfortunately will not be reversing it. The EU game servers are gone for good, we have no plans to bring them back.' There is probably no chance of the EU server coming back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope I helped!

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  4. Cannot say that your frustration is invalid, and as a European player myself I would probably have a better time with a smaller ping to the server. However, the EU server is simply too much of a cost and requires a lot of maintenance for such a small amount of players, which means that it cannot be brought back just for one cause.

If you would like to know more about the merge alongside the link provided by the two helpful people above, you can also read the last response on this thread: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/can-we-have-eu-back-now.82686/#post-282996

If you have any suggestions that would not require us to fully undo the removal of EU, you are absolutely encouraged to go ahead and create a thread about it in the appropriate subforum. As for the time being, the official statement from our Leaders is that the US proxy will remain the only one.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  5. At the beginning of an official statement about the removal of the EU servers, linked in the first two replies in the thread, there is a response to this question by the development lead AlexTheCoder:

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  6. The whole situation around the removal has certainly been extremely annoying. They gave a late announcment giving us bs reasons for the removal and no EU mps either. Linking it over and over doesn't help, the reasons in the thread are pretty obviously not the real ones and it just serves as an official announcement.

If you're an EU player you should know the low player count is largely because of MP's own incompetence regarding the maintenance of the server- we had chat lag returning again and again with them only fixing it weeks and sometimes months later, and for the last ~2 months of the server it wasn't fixed at all.
    For those who don't know, chat lag on mp eu caused the whole lobby to freeze up for ~15 seconds every time someone spoke, activating around 60% of the time based on the day. It made the server pretty much unplayable and the playerbase dropped accordingly.

Basically, you can't really blame the low player amount for the "merge" as it was mainly MP's fault for not addressing issues the server had on time, chat lag being the main one but definitely not the only one.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Ruud04 likes this.
  7. Retweet my friend

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  8. they could just make it so you can choose to be in an mps that is hosted in eu that would solve all competitive problems which i would like to say is why some of the game modes are still alive..

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  9. Hey there!

I realize that a lot of people have provide their input on this situation, but I would like to add mine. Personally, as a US player it’s a bit unfair for me to comment on this. I think that the EU server should not return. From the LT’s point of view, the negatives outweigh the positives. They have to spend precious money on a server that statistically had a low player count. Unfortunately, money appears to be a bit scarce for Mineplex right now and I think we can all agree that benefiting the server as a whole should be a bigger priority than creating an entirely new server for a fraction of the players. The EU server struggled to fill games as much as or even less than the US server at its current state long before the server had even declined. Ultimately, it seems a bit ridiculous to redirect the LT and owners attention to a smaller issue that will in turn cost them more money.

Well, this idea isn’t really possible because it still requires purchasing a server in the EU, which is the problem in the first place. The reason went the server went away is the player count and demand was not able to meet the standards needed to continue paying for a server. They simply won’t be able to do this as it still requires paying for a server that won’t have enough players to justify running it.

Actually, you can. The server was a pain to maintain as it was because the US server was way more popular than the EU and had a bigger demand to meet. That is one of the factors, and when put together with the significantly lower player count than the US it makes it unreasonable to pursue maintaining the server and continuing to pay for it.

I see two major reasons the server was merged:

1. Low player count. Sure, it wasn't horribly low. But it did not even come very close to the main server at all. It’s silly to pursue a small side project that’s not even rivaling the main server.

2. The maintenance costs. This builds off of the last one, but the player count was already too low to justify spending hundreds of extra dollars a month on a server that can’t rack in as many or more players than their main focus.

I feel like mineplex grew a bit lazy in the end with the server simply because they didn’t see a reason to have the server at all. Unfortunately, they did not even remotely go about removing the server the right way, but in the long run I think it’s the right decision.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  10. 1st of all if its unfair for you to comment and you realise that it is unfair than why are u commenting...

2nd the host that they would have to buy would be way cheaper than the us host or even the prev EU host as it would only host a fraction of the mps's so the price would be basically nothing compared to us. A lot of people from the competitive side would start playing more as well just because of this. As the removal of EU pretty much killed the competitive side. Also just like to point out that the competitive games probably bring the most attention to the server with countless streams and videos.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  11. My point was, and still is, that the low player count is a direct result of mp not keeping the server in good maintenance for a really long time, way before the eventual removal.
    Saying "the server was removed because of the low player count" is telling only half of the story.

It's like getting bread out the refrigerator, not returning it, coming back 3 months later and then being surprised when it has become full with mold so you throw it out.
    Then what's the reason it was thrown to the trash? - Oh it had mold all over that's why it was tossed away; well no -snip- it has mold you kept it out for 3 months...

Obviously all the other reasons you mentioned almost surely contributed for the removal, the annoying part is that they didn't even bother giving us the real reasons in the official late announcment.
    The decision itself is somewhat understandable, everything surrounding it and also the reasons given by non EU players ("oh it was a dead server what do you expect") are what makes the situation incredibly frustrating, and had just shown us as players how the higher ups on mp just don't care, or not nearly enough at the very least.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  12. I can totally see where you're coming from. It was the wrong move to make such a late, vague announcement, and I can understand your frustration with the network and the people in it (like me I guess) reusing the "server was dead" argument.

I think you're ultimately right. I was simply trying to say that the server nowhere near rivaled US in players and Mineplex, the most popular server at the time, didn't see much of a reason to continue the server if it wasn't producing insane numbers. The server had a pretty good community around it, and is somewhat comparable to Mineplex today, so I think that the reason to remove it was a hasty decision on their part, that today doesn't make much sense.

Should the server have stayed? Probably. But should it come back now? I don't think so. As hard as it is for us all to admit, Mineplex has declined massively in the last couple of years. I don't think the player-base is large enough at all to support two different servers and I don't think the owners are monetarily capable of handling two.

Ultimately, it sucks that it's gone. But I don't think it should come back.

Posted Nov 12, 2019