• 2196 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4775 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

EU Announcement

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AlexTheCoder, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDIT With Response: We will not be bringing back EU gameplay servers whether on the MPS system or otherwise. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi everyone! We know a lot of you have been confused about what's happening with the EU network, so we just wanted to issue a clarification now that the situation has been finalized and completed.

What we did:
    Many of you have been calling this an "EU-US Merge", which is an understandable assumption, if not an accurate one. What actually happened was, we turned off the EU game servers. That's it. The EU connection nodes that you actually join are still fully operational, they just route your traffic over to our main game servers in the US. You are still connecting to servers in the EU, any cross-region routing is happening on our end through our datacenter provider.

Why we did this:
    There were a few reasons we did this, some more relevant to players than others. One reason for this change is that it reduces the development time needed to integrate new features into the network as we no longer have to worry about US and EU game servers operating independently of each other. Another reason is that with this new setup, US and EU players will be able to enjoy our awesome minigames together, meaning faster game fill times and higher player density at all points in the day as different timezones merge together into one network.

Will we undo this change:
    While we know some of you have complaints about this merge, we unfortunately will not be reversing it. The EU game servers are gone for good, we have no plans to bring them back. We took some time to analyze the change, and we found that it met our requirements for player experience and connection health, so we've decided to stick with it.

EU Clans and EU Communities Situation:
    During the analysis phase of this update, EU Clans servers and EU Communities were inaccessible. Now that the update is finalized, you'll be glad to know that both of these elements of the network have been ported over to the US game network. EU Clans servers are available in the main clans hub with the rest of the US servers, and EU communities have been migrated over. In cases where an EU community had the same name as a US community, it was renamed to have EU at the end. For example, a community named Test would now be named TestEU.

Posted Aug 26, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
  2. ooo ok.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Fallen and [Away] Tours like this.
  3. interesting

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp likes this.
  4. :thinking:

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  5. Thank you alex, very cool :alex:

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    UwUBladings, Xion and Vocaloiid like this.
  6. I LOVE MINEPLEX MINEPLEX MAKES SMART DECISIONS NOW PDCL WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER NOW YAY XD WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  7. Glad that there is finally a official announcement on this whole situation.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    xParadoxical_ and Jaekub like this.
  8. Can we add some sort of way to get EU MPS's? Maybe have a choice of which region when you type /mps

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  9. Sounds like a pretty neat update, looking forward to testing out this new change.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  10. No, we're in the process of decommissioning all our EU game boxes completely and removing support for regioned game servers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2019
  11. omg i never thought my eu comps that i would get 30 ms, thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    now i cant enjoy my eu comps!! -snip-

Posted Aug 26, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 26, 2019
  12. gj u officially made me and most of my friends quit bring back eu or im long gone.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp, Fall and Rowed like this.
  13. thanks for telling the PDCL about it

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  14. Dont do that if u care about competitive communities

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  15. EU and US MPS' at least mannnn think about the competitive communities, ping is everything. If we get over 100 ping when we have decent internet something in Mineplex needs to change.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  16. thanks for screwing ober an entire community please can wejave oru pimg back now????? i would really enjoy being able to actually play uour the server but it appears i csnnot because playing with thw terrible pign i get on tje us server kek

gib bakc eu

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  17. Game servers, I get. But taking away the MPS servers for EU is too far, and screws over the comp leagues. Not that this is unprecedented, I.e hub update, i.e there was no announcement for this for a long time, i.e just about every other back-door update they made without consulting the community which sustains their server.

For those who are saying they're quitting, oh well, there's always human interaction I guess, but it's not as enjoyable as a game of competitive cake wars... *shudders*

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  18. Well the announcement (albeit very late) is appreciated, what's more concerning is that most competitive players are EU. At least keep the MPS's to compromise

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  19. They don't really, so...

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  20. Do you think it's at all a possibility that the competitive community can have exclusive access to a few EU MPS. We are official partners with Mineplex and I am sure our community can fund it. I'm sure it couldnt be too hard or costly for about 5 MPS on EU to be given to the comp community.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.