• 2098 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10536 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Eternal Rank Color

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by fr0ggiboi, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm okay with the colour, it just looks weird to me every time I see it because it reminds me of the Trainee tag (the Trainee tag used to be the same colour as Eternal back in the day).

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  2. I really love the Eternal color, and it would be unfair to change the color for the players who like it cyan. Animations would make the chat look mess as previously stated from other people. So I'm going to give this a -1.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  3. Honestly. I don't personally have a problem with the Eternal colour, However it would be cool to have the option to maybe change the colour of the rank? Could be a cool addition, or maybe there could be challenges where you can unlock different colours to make some competition for it.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  4. Hi!

I personally like the color of Eternal. I don't think it should switch colors. So it's a simple -1 for me.
    Thank you!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  5. Hello,
    Personally, I think the color for eternal is really cool. It is a nice mix of green and blue and I think it looks really nice and clean in chat and tab. Although some may not like the color currently, there will always be those who do not like what color it is no matter what, and it is impossible to please everyone. I think since this color has been in place for so long now, there really is no point in changing it. As for the animation in the tag, I do not think this would be good to implement, as it would offset the clean, organized tab that Mineplex has. Thanks for the suggestion, but its a -1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  6. The Eternal rank color seems really cool to me and I don't see a reason why it should be changed. Making it dark green could pose a problem in MPS because a lot of people would find it difficult to recognize the Host ans Co-Host. It would also pose a marketing problem because as @RobbiinK said, the advertising was designed with the current color of the rank in mind. This means that they would need to change everything, from the tag to the logo and a lot of other things. As for the animation, I disagree because it would make the chat a lot messier due to the large amount of people possessing the rank. -1

-M3k

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  7. I like the idea, but... they changed the Trainee Color just for us, the least we could do is keep it.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  8. Hey!
    I get where you're coming from, Eternal rank is the highest, it should have some sort of visual appearance that sets it apart from others. Personally ( and I believe many others would agree), there is little need for the rank to change in appearance. And here's why..
    First of all, the Tag goes well with all the other tags, (light blue, pink, green, red, yellow, orange, purple). There is a balance, none are too similar and likewise, none are too diverse.
    Second, there is no need for a colour change besides personal preference. The trainee tag switched colours because Eternal rank too its place. I recall someone saying there was no plans for new ranks to be brought forth (on Java edition) So it's unlikely that something like the Trainee tags would happen to the Eternal rank.
    Third, animated tags would be painful to look at imo and it wouldn't serve [.Tab] very well or chat in general. The sword name "Rainbow Road" is what I'm thinking of in this case, and I'm not really a fan of that being on players.

Overall, I think tags are perfectly fine as they are. I'd like to see what others think of this subject :)
    Best of luck!
    - firefox54

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    Viberent likes this.
  9. A lot of people talk about the actual color itself, but I personally believe the color is pretty special to begin with not because it's unique but more because of it's history.

As some people have mentioned, before Eternal was created, the old Trainee color was actually cyan. It made it special because no other rank used this color at all; it was in a league of it's own. When a new rank began to show signs of appearing (being Eternal), they had to pick a new color and it was difficult. It was a really cool decision to make the Eternal rank cyan and Trainee gold. By this point, most people saw cyan as royalty, so in a sense, the cyan color and Eternal have a special relationship in my opinion. I think the color should stay for this reason, even if now most people wouldn't view the color cyan as high status anymore.

Another cool tidbit of information: Eternal used to be the ??????? rank and was pink when it was first released via halloween pumpkins.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  10. Honestly, I like the color for eternal rank. I don’t really see a point in changing it, but legend is also light green so the ranks wouldn’t look best together if it was a dark green.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  11. Hey!

Ok so as said above I think adding an animation to rank would make tab and chat very messy, also taking into account the amount of people who have eternal. As for the colour change, the main reason I think it wouldn't work is due to the marketing. It already has a cyan theme and you already unlock enough from it meaning more doesn't really need to be added.

-1 For me

Good luck on future ideas!

--Echo

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  12. Hola!

At this current moment in time, Mineplex does not have any plans to alter the color of the Eternal rank. If we were to suddenly change Eternal's rank color or all the rank colors, it would cause a lot of confusion and make the chat messy to read. If we were to also add animations to the Eternal rank it would be highly distracting and messy, especially if we have a lot of players in the lobby with Eternal talking at once. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea or my response, feel free to PM me!

Thread Locked - Idea Not Planned
    Implementing would make the chat messy and confusing for players

Posted Oct 5, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.