• 1550 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9988 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Eternal Rank Color

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by fr0ggiboi, Aug 26, 2019.

1. I think the Eternal Rank has a bland color. A nicer color that could be used would be dark green. Also since it is the highest bought rank, it could have an animation (if that is even possible).

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  2. I think it might be nice for Eternals to be able to choose the rank color based on their previous ranks, so they could have the color of Titan, Legend, Hero, or Ultra.

Posted Aug 26, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 26, 2019
  3. I don’t really have an issue with the color of the Eternal rank. It’s a nice cyan/blue color and there isn’t a reason to change the color other than personal preference. People are going to prefer some colors over the others so I don’t think changing the color would do us anything or benefit at all. As for the animation, I’m kind of neutral on the idea. Yes, I’d love to see some new perks added to the rank but my only concern is the animation being a bit flashy. Not sure where you’re going about this “animation” so maybe you could provide some sort of example? I wouldn’t want anything too extra since it could make tab look a bit odd and also make chat look a bit messy. I’d love to hear more of your thoughts on an “animation” for the rank specifically.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Heaty and RobbiinK like this.
  4. I actually like the colour of the Eternal rank, and personally, don't think it should change. Putting that aside for a moment, all the advertising/marketing material was designed with the current colour of the rank in mind, furthermore; the Eternal rank has gotten to be somewhat "known" for said colour that's why I doubt the marketing team would go for changing the colour of the rank and would likely reject the idea (if they haven't already done so in the past). I really don't see much (if anything at all) we would gain by changing the colour of the Eternal rank but I do a lot of negatives. For that reason, it's a -1 for me.

On another note, you said something about a rank animation? I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, however, it has peeked my interest. I'd suggest creating a separate thread explaining what you mean by this a little more detail.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  5. Yo,

I believe the only Minecraft name animation feature is the &k one which is super annoying and would make our chat a mess. If anything, PPC would’ve gotten an animation feature if they were thinking of adding it, but it received a normal star. (The sword name has &k in it I believe? Correct me if I’m wrong) But either way an animation in chat wouldn’t be fun to look at constantly. As for rank color, most people I’ve spoken to enjoy this one, although of course people have different opinions, but we can’t cater to everyone in terms of color. If you really want a specific color, I would sacrifice the benefits of Eternal and get the rank, for example Legend.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  6. Hello there!
    In my opinion (and many others), the Eternal color is perfectly fine and I appreciate the cyan color that it has, I think it looks good. I do understand that some people like other colors more than others, but it's one of those things where you could never make everyone happy, there would always be someone that wants a different color. So in this case, I believe we are fine with sticking with the Eternal color that we have currently. Thanks for the suggestion anyways and I wish you good luck if you continue pushing the idea! :)

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  7. You know what, I've rethought and I think it might be nice for Eternals to be able to choose the rank color based on their previous ranks, so they could have the color of Titan, Legend, Hero, or Ultra.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  8. I recommend editing your initial post and putting that there so people can see it more clearly and it doesn't get lost in the comments.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  9. that is actually a really good idea. it is similar to how Mineplex does it with level colors. either make a new post or edit this entire post completely to get this idea heard more. :)

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  10. Hey, I think I will make a new post with this suggestion because I actually was not the original poster. I just changed my mind from agreeing to a counter plan.

Nevermind, I get what you were saying, but I might still make a new post with the other idea so it can gain more traction.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  11. Oh my bad haha

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  12. That would look very messy. Imagine opening your tab and seeing the eternal category with scattered colors; it wouldn't be pretty. I'm in complete agreement with more rank perks but I don't think this is the right path to take.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    FruitVegetables and TheMooseBean like this.
  13. Completely agree. Personally I'm fine with all the rank colors. If people want new a new rank color and new permissions, well shouldn't there just be a new rank?

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  14. Hey!
    Honestly, I've always really liked the colour for Eternal rank. Before it was golden like the rest of the staff ranks, the Trainee and even Helper ranks were this colour, so I liked that when Mineplex added a new rank, they paid tribute to a past time. As others have mentioned, it is difficult to keep everyone happy, and allowing people to choose a colour would make tabs every messy and potentially confusing. Overall, I think it's an interesting idea, but personally, I would like Eternal to keep its current colour. -1

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  15. Hey there!
    I think that rank colors are definitely a big part of why players prefer different ranks over others but I have to say that I'm not entirely convinced the Eternal rank should be changed due to one player's personal preferance. I think that definitely having some sort of effect/animation on the rank would be quite cool to have but looking at the current status of how things are, this might be quite messy to have. The main reason the team strays away from this idea is that chat is known to already be very messy. Additional rank colors/animations could totally create chaos and I think it wouldn't be the best of choices.

I think that generally speaking, rank color changes are in most cases extremely rare. I believe the last color change was for Trainee when they introduced Eternal rank and Trainee was finally a yellow color to match Moderator. I think that it would be quite interesting to see Eternal's rank color changing but I don't think it's necessary. Furthermore, I have to question your dark green option. I think it would make more sense if Eternal actually had some sort of background information to actually fit with dark green but since it's known to correspond with this current cyan color, I see it that no change is really necessary.

I actually really like this suggested animation idea. I think it would honestly really work well alongside the Eternal rank but my only concern is obviously making it quite "flashy" (as Nolan said). I think that possibly limiting the animation to only tab would work out if that's possible but otherwise I wouldn't suggest adding it to chat and to the over-the-head icon. If animations were set in a way to be limited to only tab, I think it would look really good and unique.

Overall I definitely liked your idea of some sort of rank animation but otherwise I think that the color-changing rank is very unlikely. With that, I wish you well and I'm definitely looking forward to more of your suggestions! [​IMG]

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  16. I do not think Eternal's color should change. Mineplex's ranks have always been color-coded. I think changing it up would be confusing like -snips- MVP++. I do think if you could chose what rank you showed up as would be nice.

Overall a nice idea, but I think change rank colors will be confusing.
    +0

Have a good morning,
    ~yato

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  17. Heyoo!

So, I personally don't have a problem with the current state of Eternal regarding color-wise. I feel as if this isn't really necessary as some players are just fine with the Cyan color of Eternal, it's really up to a player's personal preference.

Having an animation for the Eternal rank will make chat messy and unorganized I think. Also, like @Augend stated above, the only animation is the &k one and that is just random letter and numbers, it can end up with chat looking like a mess if Mineplex did that.

All in all I don't think this is necessary, so I'm going to give this a +0

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  18. I love the color for Eternal. It's actually my favorite color that is available in Minecraft. I've always been a fan of different colors of blue and there's not a more specific reason other than I just like it.

I do think the animation idea could be cool. Maybe it could appear shiny from one side of the name to the other ever few seconds. I wouldn't want something too flashy that would be distracting to players, but a nice, simple animation would make the rank more valuable due to its uniqueness.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    SpikeCreates likes this.
  19. The Eternal rank colors are fine to me, and I don't think we should change it. The color of the cyan appeals to the players who have their rank now. I used to love the color of the cyan tag before when I was a Trainee way back. I don’t why I like in the first place, but I’d still love it.

I don’t think it’s possible to add the animations at this point. Augend said that it’d make the chat looked messy and not cleared for some players. Personally, I don’t see the needs to have an Eternal rank just for cool animations

I’d have to disagree with changing Eternal colors and the animations. -1

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  20. As said above, I don't really we really need to change it. Cyan looks good and it matches the art that was made for the rank.

Posted Aug 26, 2019