• 787 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9225 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Eternal Rank Color Counterplan

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by pzazz, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think it might be nice for Eternals to be able to choose the rank color based on the ranks below, so they could have the color of Titan, Legend, Hero, or Ultra.
    This could also be used for lower ranks, like Heros could have Ultra color etc.

Posted Aug 26, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
  2. Each rank was created to be as unique as possible, like I said before in the last thread that was created regarding this idea, all the advertising/marketing content for each rank was created with its unique colour in mind, I don’t think the Marketing team will likely implement any changes to colouring of the ranks or adding the ability to change the colour of your rank for that matter.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  3. I understand, but the rank will still by default have that color, just have more options for people to use different colors if they want to.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2019
  4. Hey buddy!

As much as this idea might sound good hypothetically, the chance of it being implemented is quite small. I think that each rank should have their own colour, it is what differentiates them in chat and on the forums. What you are proposing is already present on Mineplex levels, so I think if we were given more freedom to change around the rank colours, it just wouldn't look right. This is just my personal opinion of course, and I can see how you would like to see some more colour options, like for example Titan getting the green colour from Legend, but this takes away the uniqueness of a specific rank. If an Eternal could change its chat prefix colour to red, people would be confused and it wouldn't look good in chat. I hope you can see where I am coming from.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  5. I feel like I've seen this suggestion before, but I'd prefer for the colors to stay the way that they are and not have the ability to change whenever players wanted. Mainly, I feel this would cause more spam and confusion than any good. Players will spam the chat just to see how their colors are changing and it'll get annoying to other players that are trying to carry on actual conversations. This can already sometimes be an issue with level colors, but with so many more players have Eternal, I feel it could easily get out of hand.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  6. Unfortunately, this has come to the same conclusion before, and it was denied. As I said last time, it’d make the chat looks messy and confused other players. It may hurt their eyes too, and we don’t want it to happen in-game. The Eternal rank colors right now are fine, and I don’t think they should allow them to customize it.

With that being said, I’d have to disagree with it overall. Other than that, keep up the great idea you have. -1

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    FruitVegetables and TheMooseBean like this.
  7. Heyo!

I am sorry, but I would have to disagree. I agree with @Phamtastic
    Long story short, I have to give this a -1
    Have a great day!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  8. Would be a mess of colors, I’d rather have it stay consistent. Changing the rank color would be counterproductive for keeping the chat organized and it would be confusing seeing all the different colors in chat. Additionally, what if players don’t upgrade their ranks and just bought Eternal outright? Wouldn’t they just have the cyan color then and no others? I’d feel bad for those players since they couldn’t choose what color they want it. For those reasonings I’ll have to give this a -1.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Viberent likes this.
  9. Agreeing with the people above.

Would make the chat look messy. Sorry but I'm going to give this a -1.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  10. Hey there!
    As others above me have stated, this idea has been brought up before and eventually rejected. The different colors may look provided look messy and overall there is not an urgent need for this idea to be implemented. Most people buy ranks for the perks. The color should be pleasing to the eye, and I believe the smooth cyan that Eternal currently has is fine as is. Thanks!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  11. Hello,
    I am going to have to agree with what others have said above. Allowing higher ranks to choose the colors of those below them would be a mess in tab and chat and would be very confusing. Although it may be cool, this would just cause too many problems and would not look appealing. Thanks for suggesting this, but I do not think it would be a good idea to be implemented. Have a nice day!

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  12. This would be a strange addition to the Mineplex community if this were to be added. Each rank was created with a completely different colour so that it could be unique. It would completely remove that feature if you would be able to change the colour of your ETERNAL rank. Personally just what I think.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  13. I'm giving this idea a -1 because it would make the chat a lot more confusing and would remove the unique feature of other ranks.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  14. Hello,

I have seen many people say that they want the colour to stay - I agree with them. The ETERNAL rank was advertised with its particular colour in mind. Additionally, it would be a bit confusing if ETERNALS started having the same colour ranks as TITANS or LEGENDS etc. Also, it could increase the amount of spam in chat as players may want to 'show off' their new colour. -1 from me.

- Tripsy

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  15. I am pretty sure you can do this exact thing on Bedrock (changing your rank), so it's kind of interesting Java doesn't have this ability but I think it's for a good reason. In Bedrock people don't usually chat, and to be honest no one pays attention to the rank or the colour of it; so it wouldn't cause a lot of confusion and disorganization as it would on Java. In Java people are always typing and ranks are more unique in the sense that each rank is different from each other and having the ability to change the colour would make ranks like legend or ultra feels not as "important" since a titan or eternal could have the same colour as one of these. I feel ranks should stay how they are since it makes sense to keep it organized and less confusing on which rank is which. It also makes sure the right colour stays exclusively to their respective rank.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  16. Hey!
    Personally I think Eternal color should stay the same, because each rank has a different color where people can tell the difference between them all. If we allowed Eternal to change the color then the ranks all will kind of look the same. Along with what Snowing commented "making it less important" I think all the ranks colors should stay the same. I also don't really see a need/ reason for them to be able too change it personally. so it's a -1 from me

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  17. I wouldn't want to have confusion with having the ETERNAL rank being able to switch colour, it can interfere with the other ranks. For eg: If someone changed the ETERNAL colour from Cyan to Light Blue (Which is of course ULTRA) it would get confusing and maybe annoying to others cause they wouldn't understand what the actual colour is for the actual rank, or they think it's a minor bug in the colour of the rank.
    --- Post updated ---
    If you want to change colour of your level you can change it in the cosmetics. You will unlock all of the other level colours if you hit Mineplex Level 100. But I don't want the same to happen with the ranks. No thanks

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  18. Yeah, I think it would cause a lot of confusion. I like the idea though. Maybe we could have something like they did to the lvl 100 colors. Letting Eternals choose a different choice of colors that arent colors already in use. That way at least player can understand that he or she is eternal but that's my idea.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    Aquqe likes this.
  19. Unfavourited yeah, something like that :)

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  20. Hi there!
    So a lot of people voiced their reasons as to why it's not the best idea, and I have to say, I agree with them. Eternal rank, although not the prettiest in my opinion should not be able to switch colours because I find it would make tab and chat confusing, when it could be easily avoided. This being said, there's already the ability to change the colour of your level to a colour you've unlocked. I find that's a fair compromise. In agreement with the rest; -1 from me.
    Good luck though!

Posted Sep 1, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.