• 1497 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13204 Players Online
  • 11707 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Est. 20XX Titles

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Mtthew, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was thinking it would be cool to have your own unique title on when you joined mineplex. I'm not sure if this would even be possible but I think it would be a cool thing to add.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  2. Simple and neat, don't really see a problem with this apart from people having titles as soon as they first join but that's not really an issue unless it isn't just a grey non-animated title. It shouldn't be too difficult to create and shouldn't take long. +1

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  3. Sounds like a really nice idea, just not sure Mineplex has tracked join dates.

Despite that, though, they can release a bunch of titles dating from the year Mineplex came out and onwards and players can choose.

Sure, some players might choose 2013 even though they came in 2018, but I can't see if there's any other way to do it (unless it gives you a title based on the date you got your first achievement on the server)

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  4. For the colours issue, it could be solved with different colours and animations going to older players perhaps. With better colours and animations as you go down through the years. Also for tracking players I'm pretty sure you can check the API of each player to see when they first logged on Mineplex.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 2, 2021
  5. I actually really like this idea! Presuming the data is tracked, you would just want a title to be applied based on first login date? For example, for me, my first login date would be 2013, so I could have a 2013 title but not the 2014 or 2015 title? I think that would be pretty neat.

My only concern would be that some of the older data wasn't tracked or has been lost over the years but ultimately, I think this would be really cool!

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  6. This would be a really nice idea, it would also more easily allow for people to find out when they first joined the network because as of right now I don't believe there's any way to track that. My only issue is that older/existing players don't have that data stored about them if I am right to believe, this would mean lots of players wouldn't get the titles which is sad. However, the reverse goes for new players, there are many titles new players won't ever be able to obtain (due to them being event based or to do with removed games), so I think it equals out in the end. So I do believe this would be a really nice edition ^^

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  7. Howdy

I'm going to be marking this thread as Not Planned. Tracking the date a player joined the server has not been done on Mineplex so it would be impossible for players to receive their titles with an accurate date. Thanks for suggesting this idea!

Thread Locked --> Not Planned

Posted Mar 5, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.