• 1595 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10033 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Escape Room Game

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ImJustBad, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Do you like the idea of an Escape Room gamemode?

1. Yes Please

80.0%
  2. No Thank You

20.0%
  1. Which is why a new one could come out every month for PPC members and their friends.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  2. Hellllloooooooooo!

I really love this idea! As a person who is a fan of puzzles and all things mystery, I can easily see this becoming one of my favorite games on the network, and I would hope that the community would feel the same. However, there are so many different ways that this idea could branch into and turn out. Is it at all possible for you to provide an example for a game that could be put into this if it were to turn into a real gamemode? I'd love to see the possibility that this idea could become and what it can turn into.

There is only one possible downside of this game that I can foresee in the future: the amount of time it would take in order to make every game just as fun as the last. This game seems much different than most of the other ones that we have on the server (with the exception of Speed Builders). For example, no two games of Cake Wars are the exact same. With different people and so many different maps, each experience will be completely different. However, I see a different story coming out with this game. Once someone knows how to get out of a escape room on one map, it won't take too long for them to know how to escape from all the rooms on every map. While you did suggest setting up several different levels to make sure that the playing field is balanced out, there would need to be many, many maps that would all be played at a somewhat-equivalent rate in order to make sure that players don't escape out of the room almost right away.

Overall, I really like this idea, but I think that the community would need to be 100% onboard with this too in order to make sure it is successful and becomes a favorite soon after its released.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  3. I'd like to see this as a standalone game with a combination of block placing, parkour, and maybe boss fights to get to the end. It could be a long game like bridges. I hope to see how this turns out.

Have a good evening,

~Yato

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  4. There are a few issues with this idea that stood out to me. Firstly, this would require a lot of work from our developers. Each escape room would have to be individually programmed, most likely, which would put a lot of stress on our team. Secondly, each map could only be played once by a single player. After you beat the room, it wouldn't be as fun to go through it a second time. Lastly, it would put some stress on our Build Team, because they would have to continually create new maps to keep things interesting.

I don't see this working out on Mineplex.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  5. Sounds like a cool little concept though there would have to be a lot of maps with so many different puzzles to escape the room. If someone were to be playing this every day don't you think they'd see the same puzzle over and over, I feel like this would be getting a little repetitive, just my thought.
    If this were to be an addition it would most likely turn into a speed test to see who could finish the puzzle/maze in the fastest time.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  6. I’m not sure if this would fit with the games that Mineplex has. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool idea - props to you. But as a stand-alone game I’m not sure how it would work or how popular it would be. Maybe if it were an event map we used during events I could see it, but not as it’s own game. Perhaps we could create a game that draws inspiration from the idea of the escape room-maybe a NANO game? Bawk Bawk had the game where you had to search the cheats for the diamond and after that you’d win, if we took a similar idea and instead made it so you have to find the “key” or maybe like levers or buttons or something in order to escape, maybe it’d work? I could see a shortened version maybe working in nano but not a full standalone game.
    So if it’s made into a short game I’ll give it a +1, otherwise I’m neutral since I’m not sure if it’d work as it’s own game. Thank you for sharing your idea, though!

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  7. I personally love the idea!
    I usually play a lot of "Room Escape" games!

The only problem that I see, is that the amount of commands and plugins that would need to be used would definitely slow down a persons computer...
    I personally would like to be wrong about that point though...

But all in all it's definitely a +1 for me!

Posted Sep 14, 2019 at 11:14 AM