• 3411 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11849 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Escape Room Game

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ImJustBad, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Do you like the idea of an Escape Room gamemode?

1. Yes Please

66.7%
  2. No Thank You

33.3%
  1. Hello Mineplex community, I hope you are all having a wonderful time as you should on this wonderful network!

I have an idea and I would like to get everyone's thoughts on the idea and maybe we can all work together to make something amazing come to life in the server.

An escape room game where there are complex maps and dozens of tasks you have to do before you die to say a silver fish swarm getting to you. There could be multiple different levels and maps, ranging from a difficulty of Beginner, Medium, Hard, and Veteran. I think this could be a really cool game mode where people can come together make friends or if you have friends that are playing it's a cool and fun new way of interacting with other players all working towards one goal, SURVIVING AGAINST THE SILVER FISH!

I would love to hear everyone's ideas and spins we can make off this game idea, I personally would LOVE for this to make it's way into the server my friends and I having been talking of the idea so long even tried to make one ourselves but lacked the knowledge and resources to truly make it come to life, but anyways I digress. Let me know what you all think and any ideas you may have.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  2. How would it work? It sounds like a puzzle, and if you complete a puzzle once, most likely you could do it again in 20 seconds

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    OakStairs likes this.
  3. I would vote on this but I can't right now as I don't exactly know what type of "escape room" you are going for, would it be like a nano game or a stand-alone game. If it was a nano game I would agree with this as it's well needed for some new games. Is it going to be a horror one? Puzzles like in the Halloween games?

If in nano games will it be a race to who can complete their own room first or will they have to work together? Once done once it will be easy to remember so will the map change and shuffle or will it stay the same? So many questions to be answered for an escape room game.

+0 (
    Temporary until more answers )

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  4. I'm personally questioning the possibility of this being either a game or a holiday game. Sure, this could do well as a holiday because some previous games shared the characteristics as this one you explained here like the ability to choose the difficulty, however, I don't believe this would do as well being an actual game.

As of now, there is only one game that is not considered a 'mini-game' but it is something that continues as you leave the game. There was also a game called Gem Hunters, however, it was removed a while back. If this one you explained here is one server or a couple like Clans, then it might happen. If not, and this game would be added as an actual game then it would be simply too long resulting in little to no one being able to complete it. New games at the moment should be short or at least relatively short. I like the creativity in this idea and I really would enjoy something of this kind, however, I would have to disagree with this unless drastic changes are made to this game.

-Enigma

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    canqda likes this.
  5. Hello!

First things first. Nano or Standalone? I think, if this were to be added, I think it should be in Nano Games. If it was Standalone, however, people could simply memorize where the buttons are, and it would be a complete breeze. Yes, I think this would be a very cool game. It is also kind of nerve racking, how I like it. By, 'Where is the escape!' 'I don't have that much time! Gotta hurry!'
    For now, I am giving this a 0.5+

Thank you.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  6. This sounds an awful lot like Dragon Escape. Putting pressure on players to achieve a certain goal within the time given or else a hostile mob kills them

Escape rooms are more fun IRL (so they say)

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  7. Hi :D
    It's difficult for me to make a solid conclusion without more details. I would be interested in hearing about:
    1. What types of obstacles would there be?
    2. How would one person win? People could easily follow each other.
    3. I used to play a lot of find HQ, and I eventually could do some with my eyes closed. What prevents that from occuring here?
    4. Kits? Stats?
    5. If this is an escape room, the silverfish would get to you too easily and too fast. It would be strange if they were moving slower than me when I forget to turn my sprint on.
    Overall, I need more details, but I'm definitely interested in the idea.
    To be honest, hearing the basic idea of the game you are proposing, I do think this isn't the kind of thing meant to be on a popular multiplayer Minecraft server. It just seems too singleplayer to me, what with the possibility of having assistance from other players.
    In conclusion, I'm not sure I like the idea of this being on Mineplex but I cannot make a good decision without further details. Could be pretty cool for trying to find Santa's presents though :o

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  8. In my opinion I would love for this to be a game. I love escape rooms in real life and for it being a game on Mineplex would be awesome. But, a game by itself. I feel like if it was a Nano game then it would kind of ruin it. I feel like it needs to be long like bridges so players get a chance to beat it. I like the idea of silverfish coming for you if you don’t finish the challenges or tasks in time. I think that this would help with teamwork if it would be a game by itself. You all have to help each other getting out of the room. But I do agree with @Knazamn that people could easily remember how to beat it. That’s why I would suggest the things in the map getting switched up every game. I give this a +1!

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    Poal likes this.
  9. I agree with @Daejoi, I feel that it should be longer- although it is a really good idea: 1+ from me!

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  10. The issue is it's difficult if not beyond the possibilities of the build team to create such a large amount of maps that a player couldn't memorize the solution for each one. How do you suggest countering that?

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  11. Yes, I see what you mean: what about making them a bit smaller?

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  12. Can you clarify some? I'm afraid I'm not catching on.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  13. Hey, aren't escape rooms usually smaller: or am I mistaking it for a VR Room?

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  14. Usually an escape room has ≤ 2 main rooms, and depending on the place, there could be an additional few small rooms with hidden clues.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  15. OH! Okay, I definitely confused it with a VR game. :sigils:

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  16. Hello!

Maybe instead of making it a game, it could be a challenge in the Lobbies that rewards maybe x amount of gems/shards? That way not a whole bunch of development is needed (as a lot of maps would be required to prevent this from being repetitive). I further think it would be cool to have a leaderboard to see who could escape the room the fastest? I definitely suggest updating the thread with more information as it is a unique idea!

SourSky

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  17. Hey there!

I'd DEFINITELY love to see this! Although as much as I love escape rooms I'm not sure this would be a great fit for mineplex. Mainly because if you think about it, there will have to be MILLIONS of rooms to solve because once people figure out how to solve the rooms they will keep playing the game to speedrun through the room and it would be an easy way to farm gems/shards/xp. It also, in my opinion doesn't fit in with the overall theme of mineplex in my opinion, mineplex mainly consists of fast, easy, fun to play games that are simple enough even a 3 year old can understand how to play but fun enough and replayable enough that anyone will want to come back for more. Unfortunately it's gonna have to be a -1 for me :( Great idea though keep em coming!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  18. This sounds like a great Idea for something like a great reward for being a PPC member as a little monthly exclusive and giving some more people a job at Mineplex.

Posted Aug 24, 2019 at 5:27 PM