• 1159 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9597 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Epearls (Ender Pearls) in Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Jayzrssss, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Hello. I'm not sure if anyone has post about this before but I would like to give a suggestion with the E-Pearl mechanics, and overall express my feelings about it, and what I think should change about it.

There is nothing much to an Ender Pearl. You throw it, it hits a block or entity, and you will teleport to that spot. Mineplex has added a cool down feature on the E-Pearls of 7 seconds, before you can use another. There is a downfall to this idea. I do not know the purpose of the cool down feature with the E-Pearls, but the cool down feature has been pesky in situations while playing Cake Wars. Let's say that you are falling into the void, and you decide to E-Pearl to get back in the arena. You hit the side of the island, causing you to fall into your doom, even with your extra E-Pearls because of the cool down. If the cool down was removed or shortened, you can still manage to E-Pearl clutch your way back onto the island. It'll make things less "frustrating".

Unfortunately, my idea has a downside to it aswell. People can stack up E-pearls and run away, or use it to their advantage to teleport to people and sucker punch them into the void. But, hey! "A small price to pay for Salvation".

Let me know what guys think about this. It's not controversial but its a game changer.

jzrs.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
    rexh17 and GoLdyLocKs like this.
  2. Heyo! I do like your suggestion, however here is what I don't agree with.

One of the reasons I believe they implemented the cool down anyways was because if you spammed ender pearls, usually you could teleport through blocks, which is what I noticed happening a lot before this update. Players would glitch into spots unfairly and just camp there. Kind of like how before camping under the void was fine, they added something to balance that as well.

Another reason was because after cake rot, players would just be spamming ender pearls and the fights would sometimes last over an hour. To compensate for this, they added the cool down. However, now that there is a border that closes in and better balances to the game now, I could see them lowering the time, not removing it entirely (perhaps to 3-5 seconds?)

To compensate for ender pearls, there is always the chicken portal (which if you throw it, it creates a portal from wherever you are at to the block it lands at for 45 seconds I believe).

Overall, I don't entirely agree with your suggestion, but it would be nice for them to lower the timer a bit. Hope I helped!

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  3. Hey, My Opinion like The person above me or below me said, They implemented the cool down to make sure it was fair for other people for instince, like someone capped mid and they were stacked, and you pearled to them to get them and didn't know that but then you changed your mind (oh crap) and tried to pearl back to avoid the pearl which would be really frustrating for the player trying to kill you.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  4. Well I agree that the delay should be shortened to three or two seconds because you don’t see any Ender pearls used, at least on bedrock

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  5. True

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  6. Theres not a cooldown.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  7. I agree

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  8. I feel like the cool down is a necessary addition. If it wasn’t a thing, then people could just buy tons of pearls and constantly pearl to avoid dying to the void. It would make it impossible to knock off people, especially in the late game when everyone has tons of gear.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  9. I think the cool down should be lessened so you can’t spam them but you can throw them once every five seconds but to also take fall damage to prevent people from spamming then too much.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  10. Whats poppin!

Personally I would have to disagree with your suggestion as the cooldown feature is intended so players wouldn't abuse ender pearls. Imagine this, you a player teleport's to your cake eat it then run away. He then also uses ender pearls to teleport back and pick your team off one by one. See it would be a game breaking feature that would cause players to lose interest as it's "broken." Also players would be using ender pearls to basically survive the entire match up until cakerot. As I currently see it the cons out weigh the pros so that's why I'm disagreeing with your idea.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Noviah likes this.
  11. Heya!

Like @January34 said, they mean't to add the cooldown feature. So I would have to disagree on this. If you think this should be changed, please post a thread in the General Idea Discussion part of the forums.
    Thank You.
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  12. Like others have said, I think the 7 second cooldown is perfectly reasonable. Yes, it does get annoying when falling into the void and being unable to pearl out, but that is what makes this game more interesting, removing the cool down would make cake wars a lot more easier.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  13. Like @NothinButNetYT said, I don’t notice a cool down while I’m enderpearling, but if there was I’d +1

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    NothinButNetYT and Noviah like this.
  14. You brought up the exact negative I was thinking of while reading you post, spamming e-pearls and running away causing games to last longer then they should. Even though I am sure I'd be the one running from others I don't think it would be a great addition sadly. Due to games lasting too long and trying to escape PVPing I think the cool down helps with speeding up the rounds! That being said I feel your pain when you e-pearl and hit the side of an island then proceed to fall to your death!! :, )

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  15. Oh on bedrock there is no cooldown so I was confused my bad

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Mr_CLICKS likes this.
  16. Hey mate,

Like others have said above, a cooldown is necessary to keep the game balanced and to prevent spamming of ender pearls, causing Cake Wars to not be as enjoyable. I understand the frustration of specific instances where you're falling into the void and miss click an ender pearl to the side of an island, but that is part of the game, if you take that risk, that's your choice. I think that a cooldown, whether it be 5 seconds, 7 seconds, or 10 seconds is definitely necessary. It keeps Cake Wars from going on for ages if players are spamming ender pearls to teleport around the map. I hope you can understand my reasoning behind this.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  17. Dang I started a good chat! Thanks. I understand that it is nessecary to keep the cooldown for the exact reasons you guys are saying, which I said in my post. But At least shortening it to 4 seconds shouldn't hurt. @January34 I can see the cake situation, but looking at it, if your going for a cake and you used your epearl, by the time you break in and eat the cake, your pearl cooldown will already be finished. So that's not really a problem.

Many of you guys said that the cooldown is nessesary (i think thats how you spell it???), which is true. Removing the cooldown will defineetly change the gameplay, but lowering it for a change to recover when falling into the void, now that spices it up. You can get some cool clutch clips, and post it on Mineplex :D

Also, i haven't touch on this aspect but, escaping. Well for me escaping a dire situation, I just place blocks underneath me and strafe. Neat trick you guys should do that. But for newer players to the PVP scene, lowering the cooldown can help them escape just in the nick of time, instead of jumping in the void.

These are all my opinions. I just think lowering the cool down will be usefull not for diehard PVPers, but for new comers.

Jarmuyne

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 1, 2019
  18. I agree about this thread, this has once happened to me in the Cake Rot Stage... it is indeed painful and embarresing. xD

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  19. Mhmm interesting. I’ve personally never had much of a problem with the ender pearl cool down. However, I have hit the sides of islands and fallen into the void before. While that can be rather annoying, it’s honestly just a part of the game. I definitely disagree with removing the cool down altogether, but I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to an alteration to said cool-down.

Reasoning as to why I am opposed to removing the cool-down

It would create the very large possibility of a prolonged game, where players constantly use built up ender pearls to escape fights. This could cause the game to last so long that the border closes in onto the middle. While this wouldn’t be considered game stalling, it could still be annoying and make it unnecessarily hard to end games. Removing the cool down would essentially make the game a lot less balanced and more about running away instead of actually playing the game. It could also very easily cause the game to become less enjoyable. But then again....

Reasons as to why I’m not entirely opposed to an alteration

Of course, like I’ve mentioned above, a cool-down is definitely necessary. However, I do think that the cool-down could be lowered to 5 seconds instead of 7. While this wouldn’t necessarily be a priority, it could make the game a bit more interesting. It could leave possible room to clutch in situations where you hit the sides of islands. It would obviously be extremely hard to do so, even with the cool-down lowered a bit, but yeah it’d still spice things up. But even with this alteration, I really don’t find it really necessary. I think it’s good the way it is at the moment <3

Overall I’d have to be neutral on this idea. But thank you for the suggestion c:

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  20. Pearls are in the game for a reason. People have already stated that reason. I would dislike this post to indicate my disagreement with it, but there isn't a way to indicate that, so here we are.

Posted Sep 1, 2019