• 251 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2830 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

{Enderman} Block Toss (Should vary damage)

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Sean ✩, Dec 14, 2019.

?

Should Damage vary depending on the block?

1. Yes, obviously.

5.9%
  2. Nah, (Explain why)

76.5%
  3. Yes but also kinda no

17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyo fellow mineplexians!
    Anyway, for those of you who play Super Smash Mobs, I'm sure you can relate to endermen using block toss and it doing like 2-4 hearts on ANY block. This is where the purpose of this thread comes in. So I've experienced endermen using block toss and it dealing a TON of hearts and to speak the truth, it can be annoying. So what I am asking from you all is to cast your opinion.

[Example:
    *Enderman throws a leaf block*
    *Deals 3 hearts*

I'm trying to say that the damage should vary, depending on the block that they toss at you. Like it just doesn't make sense that a leaf block should do 3 hearts. But if it is something like a stone block it should do like 4 hearts. If you can all see where I am coming from that would be great!
    Lemme know what you think and please don't start a flamewar. It's just a general thread.

(P.S.) I Wish A Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

Posted Dec 14, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 14, 2019
    OnceAnL_ and Kenshin_William like this.
  2. I fell that they should do less dmg in general, or have a longer colldown.

If you make them vary depending in the block, that would give the enderman more reason to run and get the best blocks. So in the end i feel that this idea would make the enderman have bad matchups depeding in the map, make their style more hit and run and make them focus more on the map that in the fight itself.

Have a good day, and merry christmas.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  3. Sounds like too much work for devs, this suggestion is going to be ignored

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  4. I never played on Java and to be honest I got Java version of Minecraft, but I downloaded it for free from internet. I think that this idea has a point as it is weird to be killed with a block of wheat, but there might be problems because of maps using different blocks. So it might mean that enderman will be powerful on one map and very weak on other map.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    WowCaleb, Mitchy and Kenshin_William like this.
  5. There’s no need for comments like that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 15, 2019
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  6. I think it could be an interesting addition, but would have gameplay drawbacks and make it even more difficult to make balanced SSM maps than it already is.
    Also in general SSM isn't very focused on "making sense" lol, i.e zombie with a bow, spider shooting arrows, etc. The bigger focus is making "gameplay sense" in most cases, or at least that's the way I view it.

Well yeah, but even fixing sheep's recovery is too much work for them so what's the point in discussing anything lol.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  7. There's no need for threads like this too

Ye, a mod said something about a testing phase that could take months and community feedback (which I doubt is in their priority) before being implemented even if it's just to change a DIGIT in a code.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    Crash likes this.
  8. Looks like someone took the truth personally

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    Crash likes this.
  9. So I did.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 16, 2019
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  10. A bad idea simply because it'd make the kit far worse on other maps while being godlike on some.
    If there was only one map, or if every map was designed with this in mind, it COULD reward clever positioning, but since they aren't, this'd just make enderman vary a lot for no reason depending on the map.

Posted Dec 17, 2019
    Crash, Task and Kenshin_William like this.
  11. I do not like the idea because of that 1 reason. Blockstoss alone does already huge damage and has a super short cooldown.

Now look at other Kits like Wither Skeleton. We have to wait very long to shoot a skull that doesnt do mutch damage

And there we have a enderman

Thats unfair and because if this I disagree

Enderman has already 7 Melee attack and a short Cooldown ranged weapon that does alot of damage

giving it the chance to make even more damage is something I do want want to see in the Battlefield

Posted Dec 19, 2019
    Kenshin_William likes this.
  12. Enderman is top tier just needs a nerf

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  13. Galations 4:16 bro

Couple things-
    1. Most mods don't know what they are talking about. If they havent been GI / QA / Ideas, anything they are saying is at best an assumption or them repeating something they heard from someone else (who may also not actually know) in a big game of telephone

2. Community feedback is good, and is mentioned somewhat frequently in internal discussion if something is a good idea. If it's not a good/practical idea or GI is a circlejerk, a thread will usually be ignored entirely

3. The actual time it takes to fix anything is fairly small, the problem is scheduling and DEV resources being pretty much nonexistent. The short way of explaining this is basically, if a DEV doesn't get scheduled for a game, nothing (and I mean virtually nothing) happens to that game until they do. It doesn't matter how much stuff is mentioned internally with Ideas or GI or brought up on forums... nothing is going to change.

If a particular game DOES get some dev time, first you probably need a testing session (which a QA member needs to attend), then you have to get the change ideas to a DEV, but first it has to go to the DEV from QA from GI and possibly from Ideas for some suggestions, then the DEV has to make the change, maybe schedule another session to talk with GI about changes or something, and then the DEV gets to try and test it a bit, maybe you get another session where GI get to test the results in a server (which again, you need a QA as well for this), and then maybe some more changes can happen or whatever

All of this has to happen in a certain, usually pre-determined time frame before the update gets pushed to live. After its pushed an LT/Admin post a change list from someone who probably got their change list from QA, who wrote the change list as how they interpreted what GI suggested and what the DEV said they did. Then after a couple days of the update GI realizes any obvious problems with the current patch and asks if they can get a little more time with the DEV to make a few more tweaks, maybe fit in some things they had planned but that didn't make it through the testing sessions. Someone (QA, LT, Admin, etc.) says "Sure, we'll do a hotfix", maybe makes a note of it on a Trello board that a total of 3 people have access to, and then nope off, and then if the game updates was SSM / Champions / Clans, a year later someone looks at the Trello board and goes "hey guys, theres this note for a hotfix on x game, is that important?" and then SSM/Champions gets their yearly update scheduled.

If the game updated WASN'T one of those three, the Trello pin sits there collecting dust or something, idk. Real question is how you got an update in the first place to be honest.

TLDR: There are a lot of steps from an idea being suggested to a DEV actually working on said idea, to the DEVs update being pushed to live, so even though making a small change is usually like a 30 minute process, that process happens very infrequently to any particular game

Posted Dec 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.