• 3282 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9220 Players Online
  • 5938 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Enderman beats spider

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DaGourmand, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Some people claim spider wins all matchups but I do not believe this to be true. At the highest skill level, an enderman should come up on top.

A glitch allows endermen to instantly fire off a full charged block with only a small cooldown. Enderman also has tied best melee in the game with golem, and blink allows it to escape spider's webs and avoid getting comboed by the direct double jump.

With good enough aim on the block toss and good enough melee and spacing, enderman is better.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  2. I personally have found the kits to be pretty even and I think SSM really boils down to your skill level and execution. As for the bug with the enderman I would suggest that you report it at https://mineplex.com/bugs-game

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  3. This isn't true. Not all kits are equal and I've explained this in numerous other threads.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 29, 2020
  4. So you're saying Enderman beats spider with a glitch, I can say that Squid can win matchups because it can have a glitch where it gets to just use the smash crystal without having it. So if we excuse any glitches in the game and have a fair match, Spider will come out on top because it is extremely likely that the best spider can pvp so much better than the best enderman. I've never seen a good enderman that didn't rely on block toss, while I've seen many spiders that can just pvp a ton. Block toss is annoying but easy to avoid.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
    Xukuwu and QuietMyChild like this.
  5. In contrast to the glitch you've mentioned which has conditions to being activated, the glitch OP mentioned can be easily activated in any game with Enderman by simply punching the block.
    About the fairness topic, I don't really disagree that it can counted as being an unfair advantage that shouldn't exist, but I feel abusing game glitches for more interesting and deep gameplay is part of SSM "culture"; before triple was removed and then readded it was considered a glitch but people were still using it because it made the game more fun. So I don't really blame people who use stuff like that, if mp cares enough about people abusing it they should fix the bug or nerf it so block damage isn't based on velocity but on charge.
    Also In matchup/viability talk normally crystals aren't really considered because in higher levels people most often don't use them, but that's not a rule everyone needs to abide by.

As for the actual topic... It really is difficult to say imo and people go both ways regarding this matchup. Another aspect that helps Enderman in this matchup that hasn't been mentioned is its unofficial passive "warp" which makes its hitbox glitch sometimes when it gets hit, making needler combos less effective against it.

Posted Jan 30, 2020
    Cabob, Mitchy and DaGourmand like this.
  6. How do you insta fire the block?

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  7. I am unable to do it myself but ik that Izz, Kuhn, and Deidara all can and it involves something like a left click, sprinting forward and a right click but I'd need someone to verify that because I'm unsure

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
    TestosteronBulk likes this.
  8. Ya gotta read what I say more carefully m8s lol I already said how to do it

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  9. It's pretty easy but both people who explained the basics of it didn't go in depth to how it is actually done. So you need to pick the block you're going to throw, easier if a full block instead of a flower or something, but then you have to throw it. Once you throw it you need to sprint when you hit otherwise it won't do anything. So throw the block, sprint and hit it at the same time.

You have to get over 12 cps for it to do anything noticeable, I used to get around 16-18 cps so I could do it good, but now I only get around 7-9 and it would be more useful to just charge it up.
    You can also hit away block tosses coming towards, when I did it in a competitive game once and was able to win since block toss was practically useless when I played a lot. So if you can get a high cps and get to where you can hit away block tosses, you'll usually win against Enderman.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  10. Hit the block toss away with combat melee or ability?

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  11. I think if you stay clpse to the enderman and dodge the blocks or use wall climb it sh0ould be a problem. Enderman is bad in pvp due to its giant hitbox. However, there is actually a kit that beats spider. That kit is the cow kit. Not only does it have one of the highest defense, but is also capable of a lot of damage.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  12. doesn't matter how big you are when you have good armor and 7 melee damage lol

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  13. Not to mention the hitbox is so glitchy that you can't hit it half the time

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 2, 2020
  14. People who say spider wins all matches are just wrong, it isnt the Spider who wins it's the person behind it. Now I am going to be frank not every kit can beat spider. Some kits will get absolutely demolished by it. Now my kits that I believe that can beat spider are 1. Enderman 2. Iron golem (timing is everything when using this kit) 3. Blaze. Now my reasoning for 2 and 3 are simple they can in a way defeat the webs the spider puts out. As the iron golem can jump out of these webs using seismic jump to avoid being caught in them. Because the spider has to shoot out the item version of webs and if the iron golem times it right the iron golden can jump out of the items. Now for blaze I believe that with the feature of shooting out literal fire at the spider. It makes no reward for the spider to shoot you with poison. Because you should be ever with the spider if you shoot your fire at the right time. Do you agree with what i said

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  15. No i completely disagree with almost everything you said.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 6, 2020
    Crash, Cabob, Mitchy and 2 others like this.
  16. @Kombat_8 Also the golem cannot escape the web though it can knock it back using the slam. Even a decent horse can beat spider if they use bone rush then bone kick. By the time the spider recovers from the bone kick the horse will get it back. Though if they miss the bone kick the horse is in trouble. Slime is an honorable mention as any slime can just run and spam slime rocket and the slime slam + attack does 6 hearts.

Posted Feb 7, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 7, 2020
  17. Slime isn't an honorable mention. Spider is slime's biggest counter, he has needler to counter rocket and slam and can just run away forever and use web spin until slime is hit and then just go in and finish it off. Spider also has 2 extra unique methods to kb cancel to counter rocket kb, needler to decimate slime's recovery attempts and enough speed to never release pressure and let slime regen.

Shorse I wouldn't count as a counter either but it at least has tools to deal with spider and out damages it when trading.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  18. In a fair 1v1 in an mps with no smash crystals, spider still edges out shorse, but even a lower skilled shorse in a pubs match can be a major headache.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 7, 2020
    Crash likes this.
  19. I usually play enderman at this point and spider will almost always beat me. The way enderman is right now, block toss is always relied on in the case that ones pvp isn’t the best like mine LOL

Spider has 2 main abilities that it can use in a variety of ways and of course in combo situations with spin web and needler being an example. Enderman has block toss which, at best, is easily avoidable

at the end of the day, for an enderman to win in any matchup, they have to rely and spam block toss - it’s the only damage ability they have. If you match the best spider with the best enderman, I guarantee the spider will come out on top

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  20. Yeah I think I mentioned it in another thread that imo if we count crystals in shorse can be argued to be top kit together with Enderman.

Posted Feb 7, 2020