• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2333 Players Online
  • 2333 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Enchantment table in Bridges

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Epicbuilder435, May 24, 2019.

?

Should this be added...

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Depends

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Hello!
    I wanted to bring an idea I had in mind for a while and by the title you can guess it's about adding an enchantment table in bridges.
    A couple thing I would like to point out before going straight into the enchantment table is. One thing is In Bridges when you smelt ore and such it gives you xp like normal vanilla survival would. So I was thinking what if there was 1, only 1 enchantment table added to the bridges map and that was in the middle where the bridges lead. I thought this would be a good idea because then if you got xp from smelting/killing players you could go enchant Without you becoming too OP/ the game mode turning into OP Bridges and also make the xp actually useful in game. That's the main idea. I know it's short but I just wanted to get straight to the point and see what other community members thought.

Maybe even bring in some xp bottles in stacks of 8-16 in the middle chests as well.

Also I'm not going to be offended or anything by what you guys think I just wanted to know what others thought and if it has a possibility of being added. =)

Posted May 24, 2019
  2. The first team that takes over the middle already gets strong enough with bows/arrows/stews/gear. If they were to also get enchants then they would be nearly impossible to beat. Nice idea but I don't think it would make bridges any better or more enjoyable (which should be the goal of updates).

Posted May 24, 2019
  3. Love the idea, but I believe this would be too OP. Like @JMPhase said above my post, the first team to middle would pretty much be too overpowered and almost impossible to beat. So I think everything could work out if there were limits to the enchantment table. For example, when using the enchantment table, the max protection amount a player can get should be Protection two or something, so they can still be killed, but it brings competition to whoever gets to middle first.

Posted May 24, 2019
    Epicbuilder435 likes this.

4. Yea I was only thinking the enchants go maybe Protection 2, Sharpness 1, Feather Falling etc. But maybe if no enchant bottles were in middle and xp only came from ores it would make it less likely for a team to be full enchanted and stacked like that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  5. That would be easy for them if they had the Miner (or whatever the name of the kit is, I usually never play bridges. :p) kit for bridges, so maybe if the experience was reduced to 50% for ores, but 100% for kills, it would be more balanced.

Posted May 24, 2019
    Epicbuilder435 likes this.
  6. Yea I think reducing ore xp gain to at least 50% if not s little under 50% would definitely balance it out for the kit Miner due to it having haste along with the ore detection.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2019
    CreepBro06 likes this.
  7. Hey!

I'm not sure I agree with the idea of incorporating Enchantments into Bridges exactly as it's being set forth in this thread. However, it may be equally interesting (without the potential to be overpowered) if enchanted weapons, tools, and/or armor spawned in the middle island.

I'll be forwarding this idea to the Game Insights team behind Bridges to get this idea to the people who need to see it. Thanks for sharing your idea with us!

Posted May 25, 2019
  8. Enchantments in Bridges would be way too overpowered and would probably break the game entirely and overall gameplay. The team that would rush towards mid and enchant items first would dominate the rest of the game, having upgrades that could affect gameplay immensely like having Infinity on a bow with the Barrage ability, having full Protection 3 armor, Sharpness 3+ swords, etc. This reminds me of when we hosted OP BR in events back when the server was up and running, it would be lots of fun for the teams to have enchanted gear and weapons but would make the game last forever. I see you've suggested limiting the enchants to only Protection 2 and Sharpness 1 but then again, I just don't find it necessary to add this into Bridges, especially with the competitive leagues and all. As for the stacks of EXP bottles in chests at mid, this would make it even easier for players to get enchants faster and again, just completely dominate the game with ease and no difficulties besides the other teams. In my opinion, this just seems like a fight to mid, which in most games happen anyway but regardless enchantments in any situation would be overpowered. This is going to be a -1 from me but thanks for submitting your idea, I'd love to hear more from others in the community as well.

Posted May 25, 2019
  9. I always thought enchantments in Bridges would be a nice idea but as stated by others, it would be broken. As a suggestion, you could make it that you can only craft an enchantment table, there wouldn't be one or any enchanted gear at mid.

Posted May 26, 2019
  10. Hey there! Enchantments in bridges does seem like a fun idea. However, I'll have to disagree with this. As stated by others above, the first team to rush and capture mid would have access to the table. This, also paired with the mid loot such as stews and bows wouldn't be fair to players who weren't able to get to mid. It wouldn't be a fun game if one team dominated just because they were first to mid. I don't think enchantments belong in a game like bridges, especially when there's competitive leagues based of the game-mode.

Overall, unique and fun idea but it would drastically change the game.

Posted May 26, 2019
  11. Hey there,

Sharpness one does a lot in SkyWars and I believe its power would only be amplified if a whole team (or most of the members in your team) also had it in bridges. If your idea were to be implemented, there would have to be a way for other teams not in the middle to also receive enchants too. Maybe an enchant table can spawn on players’ islands some time after the bridges drop?!?

Having enchantments in bridges seems like a fun, exciting and game changing idea. I’d love to see it added but there would have to be some way for players who did not rush the middle to better combat those who did. Good luck with your idea!

Posted May 26, 2019
  12. I agree with this, players can easily counter players using this by overall being decent as pvp.
    +1

Posted May 26, 2019