• 2101 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2101 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Enable GWEN In Gladiators

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Paladise, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Enable GWEN In Gladiators?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. As most players know, GWEN is disabled in lobbies due to the huge potential of creating a massive amount of false bans because of gadgets, double jumping, morphs, mounts, etc. Revamping GWEN to incorporate all of these cosmetics seems like a huge waste of developer time as it would lead to basically 2 versions of the anticheat. However, hackers are an enormous problem in Hub, especially in the Gladiators area. Having monitored Staffrequest whenever I'm on, I see a lot of reports going into players that supposedly hacking in gladiators. While there is not much at stake in a Gladiators match, hacking is against the rules, and these hackers typically play Gladiators while waiting into a queue; meaning that after hacking a couple games in Glads, they are going to actual game lobbies. I propose for Mineplex to be more proactive and to enable GWEN in the gladiators arena. I'm assuming there is a variable somewhere in the code determining whether someone is in a gladiators duel or not, so if they are, then the anticheat entity should be turned on along with the rest of GWEN's capabilities. If there's not, there can be two data points added for the corners of the arena (like world borders in map submissions), and then if a player is within those boundaries, GWEN is turned on. If this is implemented, hopefully this can catch hackers before they are able to enter games where it can severely affect players experiences.

Posted Oct 20, 2020
    LJwX, Susie, 8350 and 2 others like this.
  2. I agree. Lobby glads is always infested with hackers, and many of the staff requests I have done are ignored since it isn’t an actual game counting to your stats despite being a hotspot of tons of hackers.

+1

Posted Oct 20, 2020
    8350 and Paladise like this.
  3. YES! Half my videos on my youtube are gladiators hackers.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    • Spamming
    +1

Correct good idea!

+1

Posted Oct 21, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 24, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. This would be a great idea if executed correctly, but would there be a chance that if one were within the confines of the gladiators arena, yet on top of it, they could still get false-GWEN-banned? This was just a thought, correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  5. If it operates based on the area within, then I don't think that should be an issue, but definitely something to be wary of.

I am also in support of this idea, as having GWEN implemented in gladiators would make life a lot easier, I play lobby gladiators a lot and there is almost always a hacker in every lobby I am in, and it happens very frequently as well, which ruins the experience for players. Implementing GWEN in that area would save time for developers as you (@Paladise) stated instead of having to rework it to work in the entire lobby, and it would solve a big problem that lobbies end up facing as well. Great suggestion +1 from me!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. My opinion on this is that if it's possible and implemented correctly, let's do it. I know that hackers are a huge issue in lobbies, and the Staff team are aware of that. There are ways to report them to us, but obviously having the anti-cheat on in the lobbies would assist us with some of this workload of punishing hackers. I know that right now, enabling GWEN in lobbies would probably cause false bans or issues due to cosmetics, but if there's Developer time put into it, then perhaps these issues could be worked on so that it's implemented properly. I do agree with the suggestion in the long run, as long as time is put into ensuring GWEN works properly in lobbies.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  7. Many servers like minemen and lunar have anti-cheats (AntiGamingChair and Fallback) have advanced anti-cheats that are fully functional even in the game lobbies. While enabling GWEN for lobby gladiators in theory seems like a good idea, I believe it could go very wrong and it just isn't worth developer time. Unlike many practice servers (like the ones I mentioned above), Mineplex has all kinds of mobility and knock-back gadgets/morphs that just would not interact well with the anti-cheat. It could very easily result in mass bans of innocent players.

Even if GWEN was implemented within a certain border, there is the potential issue of players using morphs/gadgets to glitch into the arena (even if by a small amount) and getting falsely banned as a result.

I believe it would just be better to invest precious developer time into improving the current anti-cheat to keep cheaters out of games where stats/gems/shards/experience are on the line, because as you said theres nothing at stake in a gladiators match.

If you see a cheater in gladiators though please report them via

- StaffRequest Community
    - /report command
    - mineplex.com/report with video evidence
    - using /a and alerting any staff member in the lobby

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  8. who tf even cares if someone cheats in a lobby LOL it literally affects nothing?
    we get it u want to boost ur post count chill

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  9. Im saying only enabling it for people in a gladiators match, so cosmetics shouldn't be an issue.

You can apply that same logic to intentionally hitting the anticheat right now, which doesn't count as a false ban. If players are intentionally trying to get banned by glitching into the floor, they should be punished.

I did say that, but I also said that these hackers typically go to game lobbies, and only are in glads because they are in a queue.

I feel like I'm already familiar with the various types of reporting. Furthermore, all these solutions require staff intervention and are reactive. Enabling GWEN for players in glads will ease the burden on staff.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the bad grammar (first time writing on mobile).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  10. u must know a lot about that

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  11. Heyo,
    Personally, I think if they were to implement this idea and do indeed add GWEN in a certain border within the glad arena to detect whoever hacking, the dev would need to think of a way to eliminate all the possibilities that an outside player who isn't a part of the glads game be detected by the anti cheat as well and leads to a false punishment. Some people like to use gadgets to get inside the arena and have a closer look at the match. Furthermore, players could be detected by the snti cheat if walking near the lobby. That's if it's implemented incorrectly which is a huge risk. In conclusion, I'm pretty positive about this idea. However, it's a huge risk. I would love to see the dev takes their time to implement this idea without any issues as much as possible, and find ways to eliminate all possible map exploits that could get someone inside the arena using gadgets.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  12. Hi!

I don’t mind this idea at all. If it is as easy as it seems, then i’m all for it. I definitely can say that people often get frustrated with how players can cheat in gladiators, so for me I would find this implementation beneficial, since it makes the game more fun for you as well. +1

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  13. Hey!

I think that this is a great idea. As long as it is possible then I say why not. You are correct in saying that there are many hackers in the Lobby's gladiators. Maybe if the Devs found a way for GWEN to only monitor those in the gladiator queue (when you click on the NPC), or when you are in the actual arena. This would work because once a player has entered the queue all the cosmetics, morphs and mounts are disabled. This would therefore greatly decrease the chance of a player being false banned by GWEN as they no longer have the option to use things that could be mistaken for hacking.

Overall I think it's a great idea and if it isn't too much hassle it should definitely be implemented. +1

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  14. A majority of my reports are just from lobby glads, and I don't play lobby glads a whole lot. I feel like if the dev team can do it perfectly without error then it would be a no-brainer. But I would assume perfectly coding a lobby anti-cheat would be extremely difficult, partly because of gadgets, morphs, and Immortals can literally fly. I wonder if the anti-cheat can cover a certain zone, say the anti-cheat area starts at coords x,y,z and stops at a,b,c. Very mixed on this, but overall a good idea for the future!

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  15. As I said before I think it would be more efficient if GWEN only monitored people once they have clicked on the Gladiators NPC. If said player clicked it again therefore leaving the queue GWEN would stop monitoring them. GWEN would also stop monitoring the player once the fight is over. This way the developers could add GWEN to the entire lobby world but no false bans would occur. They might however have to disable the double jump for player in the queue.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a factor that makes this too difficult a task but It sounds like a good idea to me. I would love to hear what you think so feel free to express your thoughts/concerns.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Paladise and LJwX like this.
  16. Hey!

I 100% agree with this idea. There are many ways to do this that nobody has proposed yet, however.

Coming from a developer like myself, there is an obvious solution to this problem:

Allowing the GWEN detections to be enabled/disabled for certain players in the lobby. This would make it IMPOSSIBLE to be falsely banned by Cosmetics. If GWEN can't do that already, the anti-cheat base needs a serious rework. All anti-cheats must be able to be adjusted without any hassle and without taking up any more "developer time" than needed.

Immortals use the vanilla bukkit fly, which would hopefully make it undetected by GWEN, if the developers did it right.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Greyhound10 likes this.