• 1947 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10385 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Empires

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by _Prof_, Aug 30, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. -1

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. How this game will work: Players spawn in a random location inside their team's castles, which is surrounded by 1 block deep water. To prevent spawn killing, the opposition cannot enter your castle. The objective of the game is to get more kills than the other team within 10 minutes. When a player is killed, they will spawn right back in their castle. There is a stone wall around the battlefield so players do not go too far. Here are the full dimensions of each map: https://imgur.com/MeJvV0b

Legend:
    -Blue: Water
    -Dark Gray: Castle
    -Light gray: Stone wall

Kits:
    -Player: Full set of diamond armour (durability is disabled), 5 golden apples (hunger is disabled), diamond sword, bow, 64 arrows (max of 64, generate 1 every 5 seconds), axe, 2 stacks of oak wood, lava bucket, water bucket, and fishing rod

Miscellaneous:
    -Item representing game: Diamond helmet
    -Server names: EP-#
    -Game type: Hardcore
    -Players needed to begin 20/40

If you have any questions or concerns, I would be happy to hear!

Posted Aug 30, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 1, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  2. If the opposition cannot enter your team's castle, and the castle is surrounded by water - is there any planned way for your team to be able to get out of the castle? If so, how does this stop the opposition from not entering through your team's exit?

Am I right in assuming that if you die, you spawn back in your team's castle in a random location, just for you to go back out and fight again?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way you have described how the game-play would be, just reminds me a lot of how turf wars is set out. Other than having different items to pvp with and having a bit of water here and there, what is the major difference between your suggested game and turf wars in terms of gameplay and the main objective?

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. I think this is a quite solid foundation for a new game idea. The first thing that came to mind when reading your idea was Champions TDM, a removed game which had basically the same objective as this game besides players only had one life. As Silvyyy said, the map and gameplay of this game are also similar to that of Turf Wars and I think this idea needs to have additional twists to set it apart from the aforementioned games, such as upgrades/items/etc. Overall, I'd like to see a couple of changes and additions to this game idea to make it more unique and entertaining.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the water is one block deep.

Yes, otherwise there will not be a time limit.

You can go anywhere on the map regardless of your kit.

I forgot to add the amount of players needed to start, which is now 20/40, if that makes a difference. Overall, I think there are substantial differences between Empires and Turf Wars and TDM, as the two already existent game modes have more than one kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 1, 2019
  5. Hello there!
    I like the basis of your idea that you have developed, and the whole castle theme seems fun and all, but I definitely agree with others that this gamemode would need some more unique features added to make the game different from other games and also to have the game not be as boring. The reason I say boring is because to me, spawning in on different castles and running to each other to fight and die with classic vanilla pvp, and then respawning to do it all over again seems too basic of a gamemode and players might get bored of it very fast. One plot hole I would like to mention is that you haven't clarified whether the water would do damage to players or not, so I would like to know that. I hope you can come up with more unique ideas to potentially add to this game mode to make it stand apart from the others, as I do like where you're going with it :) I wish you the best of luck and have a good day!

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    pzazz and _Prof_ like this.
  6. This is a very fast-paced game from the items every player has. Empires can be great practice for PvP as it puts every aspect of combat into play. You can vent identically about KitPvP servers as well because they frankly have the same mechanics. Since UHC is not playable anymore, the PvP machanics have fallen behind. No other game has nearly as advanced items as Empires and I think this will attract many players.

This game is heavily focused on PvP, and to put every aspect of it into practice, the water should also be in play. Water does not hurt you.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 1, 2019
  7. I like it. I often do want to just pvp, but a vast majority of Mineplex's games have a 1 life per game/round policy. Also like that there is not gear discrepancy so that fights will be equal.

For those saying this is too similar to turf wars; while the objective of kills is the same, the gameplay of melee TDM is much different than building forts and having a dodgeball-esk style game. If released, I doubt there would be any comparison to TF.

Posted Sep 1, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 1, 2019
    Thenorn and _Prof_ like this.
  8. Sounds like a basic version of castle assult

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  9. What he said is true, Castle Assault had a more interesting objective while preserving vanilla PvP and with a diversity of ways to fight consistently. The only major difference is that in your game, players can place blocks, which I would agree that it's a necessary option for at least some PvP games other than the island-based ones that are Cake Wars and Skywars. Overall, as @PapiKirito said, it's difficult to practice one's PvP on Mineplex because none of the games currently provide an option to just go back to fighting after you die, which is a remark I fully agree with.

As there are several pros and cons to this game idea, I'm going to stay neutral on this one.

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Feqr likes this.