• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7257 Players Online
  • 7257 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Economy

Discussion in 'Clans' started by BraniacAttack, May 1, 2021.

1. Blackmarket: add a secret room in fields that would open up twice a day for a hour at noon and midnight. Inside would be the black market with a wizard inside he would sell runes and legends gold and buy emeralds off people.

The Wizard: Every 12 hours when the shop opens up he would sell 3 runed random pieces of armor or sword the first would have 1 random rune on it the second having 2 random runes and the 3rd having 3 runes on it. He would also sell 2 random runes and 1 legendary. You would only be able to buy 1 of each item on that clans server, so basically first come first serve whoever gets to the blackmarket first would get to buy the runes and legendary. This would prevent people from buying a stack of runes. While also allowing solo players access to legends if they are willing to grind.

Prices: You can sell your emeralds to the wizard for 1,000 gold per emerald.
    The rare gear with 1 rune would be 25k gold.
    The rare gear with 2 runes would be 40k gold.
    The rare gear with 3 runes would be 60k gold.
    The 2 random runes would both be 25k gold.
    The legendary would be 1 million gold.

what would this accomplish?
    This would add more value to gold, and it would be much more sought after. 2 extra legends a day per clans server is nothing crazy as long as we start resetting the map every 3 months instead of every 8 months. Their would also be a lot of risk with the blackmarket as it is at fields and someone can easily kill you and steal 4% of your gold or even worse your legendary you bought. I feel like this idea can use some tweaking I just want another use for emeralds and gold as the current merchant sucks.

Posted May 1, 2021
  2. dont play clans on mineplex but i do play on other servers and they have something like this and its pretty good and adds more to the game

Posted May 1, 2021
  3. This idea is definitely unique from the rest. I like the idea of a black market type of change for the game itself. I would love to see more ideas like these, that give more worth to gold. This would definitely give more laid-back players something to do.

As for the merchant, it would be great to see any changes you could come up with, as the Travelling Merchant has been a hot topic in the Mineplex Clans Discord lately.

Posted May 1, 2021
    BraniacAttack likes this.
  4. -1 nuker mining hackers would overmine the whole map with runed pickaxes

Posted May 3, 2021
  5. Hey! (I love talking about the clans economy my names jack)

Personally, I like the idea of the black market right but, at this current point of clans I don’t think it should be added as there wouldn’t be enough diversity in the things sold, not enough to make it balanced anyway. Hopefully later on in clans’s life may it be added.

Although the black market is a good concept we run into a few issues here, one being location. As you said essentially it’s first come first serve this is an issue. You’d need to be able to spread out all auction locations so no power clan is able to just camp it. But once getting into the auction we now have value balancing issues. The gold economy with mushrooms etc Rn is in absolute mess (in my opinion). Gold has no value as it is either than buying stuff for a raid or building resources. I’m perfectly down to add something this in the future after the gold economy is more balanced and doesn’t make more money than Elon musk does in a day (of Course growing rates depend on players online blah blah). Finally another error I just found while writing this is that this would be a bit broken Imo at 4am American time and before Europeans wake up. There’s genuinely no one on MOTW/EOTW which would mean people would just stay up till then so there’s no competition which causes issues alongside the standard Timezone issues. So that can only be fixed by making it randomised + adding in player count minimum to spawn nothing insane, but just balanced (15?). Now let’s get into the positives of this idea because I genuinely like it (I say it when I mean it). This would further create more value for gold and help smaller clans gain hard items overtime. Essentially, this idea is a smaller key of a bigger feature, but an essential one. I’m all for a clans, a clans where it’s mostly clans but also has more of a lore/pve side. This would make it even more unique than it is but we have a very long way to go.

TDLR: haha yes +1 let’s add but redo some of it and add it at a later date + I like pizza.

may the 4th be with you

Posted May 4, 2021