• 1143 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3079 Players Online
  • 1936 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Easy way to prevent people from Cheating/Hacking

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Dummi26, Jun 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. -Make it possible for anyone to report anyone without having to know everything a staff member has to know. Maybe make it possible to report in game or at least make it easy to find the report page by putting it next to forums in the... thing [HOME FORUMS REPORT GAMES SHOP SUPPORT PLAYERS]. Because when you eventually arrive at the report page, you don't even know what to put where. If you follow the link that says you need to read something, it takes you to a page that isn't the most helpful. If it takes an hour to find out what to write in your report and then you still have to upload a video or other evidence (can take a long time) i can fully understand why people might not want to report. It's not worth anyones time at the moment.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  2. Hey.

At the moment, it's fully possible to report a cheater in-game by doing /report. That is, however, a Hero+ perk, so if you're Ultra or below, you will unfortunately not be able to use that feature. Also, it's really not that hard to know how to fill out the form of a report. You simply put in the cheaters' username, and video evidence of the cheater or an image if it's a chat offense.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    Snowwii likes this.
  3. As I know logic of making /report system only for Hero+ is to prevent from fake reports since those reports going to an mod at that moment if everyone can send those reports mods can get easily spammed I know it is really hard to take video of a hacker but there is nothing to do there is auto kicker Gwen but it can be unhelpful sometimes actually on my last match there was fly hack + kill aura but Gwen didn’t understand that was a hacker looks like upgrading auto security is best idea atm -RobusArs

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  4. The thing, however, is that we currently do not have ANY developers that are working with Gwen, so upgrading security at the moment isn't an alternative unless we get a developer.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  5. But again opening /report to everybody won’t solve problems actually it will open more problems but here I have an solution
    —————————
    Adding report levels
    As you true report and as your reports got accepted you will increase on queue
    Ex.
    If you reported 50 people and only 10 was suspicious you will get a slow reply but if you reported 50 and there was 35 suspects on that you will be on frontline of queue if they do something like this they can prevent from spamming and they can open report to everyone -RobusArs

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  6. Yo!

I understand that getting used to the forums may take some time, however I think that reports section is easy to find through the Support Hub. The Support Hub allows you to go to see all types of report you can submit and will take you to whichever section corresponds with whatever you’re reporting. I checked the FAQ and noticed that there wasn’t anything specific that mentioned creating reports for things that happen in-game. Maybe we can add a question like “How do I report a player?” and include information and reports here as well.

This idea sounds interesting, but I’m not sure if it would work well on Mineplex. A lot of people could gang up and report others for the sake of increasing their level so that their report gets answered faster. I personally believe that every person should have an equal opportunity to submit a report and for it to be looked at; we shouldn’t prioritize reports over each other. No matter how many accepted or denied reports you have, you should still be able to have the same opportunity for it to be handled by a staff member.

Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 6:14 AM
    RobusArs likes this.
  7. I see your point on that then we must speak
    about ;how to prevent from fake reports:
    1-) Point system:
    For example if a player sends an report and if it takes a decline the reporter wich got a decline will only gain 1 point if its expired due to reported player log off or there wasn’t a staff online he will take 2 points on acceptance reporter should gain 5 points.
    2-)Prevention of point boosting :
    If the reporter seems like he is trying to boost his point up in order to be more important reporter in list he will be taken at ‘Grey List’ on Grey List as I called it his reports will give him less points and if he continues to trying boosting his point up he will be moved on ‘Black List’ which will close his /report command but if reporter starts to report well and if reporter gets a streak of good reports he can move into green list again (No passing to Black-Green Green-Black)
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry I skipped 1 thing on your message if everyone has same priority staff members won’t be enough actually at the moment sometimes they can still be busy so by doing this we will make it easier for staff members.-RobusArs

Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 6:50 AM
  8. I understand where you are coming from as it can get annoying to come across blatant hackers. For reporting in-game, I suggest you join the StaffRequest community if you haven't already by typing /com join StaffRequest. This way, you can easily reach out to staff if you ever need to report a hacker. For reporting on the Mineplex website, I do not see a need to change anything since you can easily type in mineplex.com/reports in your search bar. Also, if you do not know what to put in your report, please read through the Reporting Guide to ensure you know how to properly fill in a report. Overall, I don't think any changes should be made in the network as I believe it is already fairly easy to report hackers.

Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 9:22 AM
  9. I appreciate your comment I was just answering questions and doing a brain storm , yesterday I played on mineplex something around 8+ hours and I saw more than 10-20 hackers and even though I know how to open report threads, it’s just too hard to report 20 hacker by filling a form you know that’s why we got a /report aren’t we?

Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 9:55 AM
  10. I understand that it can be akward to report players on the forums, enspecialy when these reports require video evidence. However, I would like to agree with AceSjus in saying that the the reports forum is very user friendly as it stands.

Alternatively, a very effective method of reporting hackers that I've not seen mentioned is through lobby one. It is here where you can often find a staff member happy to assist at a moment's notice. Just make sure you have the player's full IGN as they might not be in the same game you saw them in last.

Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM
    AceSJus likes this.
  11. Tip for future:

If you have a good PC, always have a recording software working in background, if you are really that passionate about helping servers get rid of rule breakers.

However, I recommend just taking a few pictures with PRT SCR button, or just F2 button. In forum's report system's defense, I have to say that it is really efficient and that most importantly it is working. In my experience as someone with a rank on Mineplex, /report command has done nearly to nothing for me. But, if you are reporting someone on forums, and in same time having permissions for /report command, report rule breaker on both forums and in game.

/report command is not much of a perk to be honest.

Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 12:54 PM
  12. Hello! Thanks for your suggestion but to me, this kinda sounds like the /report command we already have in place for hero+ ranks. However, I do think some things can be improved with the way players can report rule breakers. First, maybe make it easier for new players to understand the report system. Another thing you can do is join the StaffRequest community it is for all ranks and players can report rule breakers there!
    Thank you for your suggestion!
    CaptainPigmans

Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 4:26 PM