• 1202 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7418 Players Online
  • 6216 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Easier access

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Korben, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Ok, I just went through the entire website trying to find a link to the help section but I couldn't find it anywhere, so many new players can't use these resources, because they will never know they exist. So I propose we add a link at the bottom of the page under "usefull" that says "help" so that new players, and even old players that never realised this page existed, can use this awesome resource. Tell me what you think!!

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  2. Simple change, but I can see this being useful for players who don’t necessarily want to take the time to find the thread, or new players who haven’t experienced the forums quite as much as some of us have.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    WowTamman, Unknitsun and Korben like this.
  3. I agree that this would be a pretty good change for new players who can’t navigate the forums as well. I didn’t know that page existed when I first joined and it took a bit for me to discover it. It seems kind of silly to have a page that goes unused and I definitely agree with making it more noticeable. I think this would really be a useful tool for players- both new and experienced.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    WowTamman, Unknitsun and Korben like this.
  4. Totally agree with this suggestion, I feel like new players have a hard time finding there way around the website as it can be confusing or hard to find the right tab. I know for me, the website was hard to find exactly what I was looking for. Maybe even making it more visible at the top of the website would work too, moving it up to make it even more accessible. As @LT Tombstone 77 and @xGetRektedx said above, this idea would be super useful for the entire community. Thanks for your idea!

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  5. Thread moved to Website Feedback

I'm not sure whether you're talking about the help section (https://www.mineplex.com/forums/help/) or the help page that you hyperlinked. I think either way that it's a small Quality of Life change that is not needed but makes this exact page easier to access and find. Though I think if we add it in there, it would be too packed where it wouldn't look pleasant and all the current ones that are added to the "Useful" column are important so I wouldn't agree on removing any of them.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  6. I mean, technically, it's already at the bottom. It's under the "Support" section then click Support Hub. From there the 2nd box is literally, "questions?" and a create a thread button that takes you to the help section to create a thread. It would be better fit for the support tab anyways if we were to add a separate link there, but again it's already semi there. It's probably just the big wording throwing people off if it took a while to find. Also, how many people even use the bottom?

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  7. They are refering to this page: https://www.mineplex.com/help

To be honest, it would make sense for it to be moved to the bottom, and the redundant links such as the Terms of Service or the Privacy Policy would be combined into this page. Perhaps it could be renamed to "Website Help" to signify that it is dedicated to helping out with the forum features, and the legal documents could be moved to another page.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    WowTamman, Unknitsun, Korben and 3 others like this.
  8. Hey,

I definitely agree that the page you're referring to should be moved to an easier to find location. I didn't even know that page existed until a friend told me about, which as a pretty frequent forum user goes to show how difficult it is to find. There's quite a lot of useful tools on that page that I've personally had people ask me how to use so I think it would be worth displaying it more clearly. Perhaps this could even be added as a section under "Support" at the top of the page, but I'm not sure how it could be worded so that people don't think it's just a quick way to the help section, perhaps it could be renamed to "Website Extras" or something like that.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  9. Oh, the page that we never use. Legal stuff is already at the bottom, so there's that for ya. I'm not sure how much help this page really is as it looks somewhat outdated in BBCode and the description on subteams is just incorrect. So unless we updated the page we probably wouldn't move it anywhere just yet. If we don't want to move it to the bottom for whatever reason (too full, doesn't fit, etc.), we can probably find a spot for it on the support hub page.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    WowTamman, xGetRekted and Korben like this.
  10. I personally think a link to the 'Help' section could be posted on the image slider on the Homepage where it says Welcome to Mineplex. I think there could be a slide that says "Need a question answered? Click here to have it answered" or something along those lines.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Korben likes this.