• 3263 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15592 Players Online
  • 12329 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

dun dun dunnnn

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by THECOOLDUDE2014, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello i'm 13 - 14 years old and i'm very sad that i can't be a developer yet
    since the minimum age for applying for developer is 16 and i'm 13 and Half professional
    at java and i'm just saying that i hope soon they make it so people older than 14 or is 14 can become a developer

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  2. Hi!

If you are a Developer, you are getting paid, because it is a job. If you live in the US, then you have to be 16 to get a job. I wouldn't think that Mineplex would let people that are underage become a Developer, because Developers can code hundreds of lines. If they make one mistake, they have to go through hundreds of lines to find the mistake. So, I would say practice developing other things if you really want to be a developer, and also you could start doing some of the minimum requirements and desired skills, which you can find here.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    V3riity and Wiz2K like this.
  3. im eu

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 28, 2020
  4. But Mineplex isn't. The server is hosted in the US, which I believe makes Mineplex subject to the US' laws. I'm not sure on that - I'm not exactly a lawyer - but it seems safe to say that Mineplex cannot hire 15 and unders for legal reasons.

There might be another reason, or this reason ^ might be wrong - if anyone else knows, please tell me!

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Im_Ken and V3riity like this.
  5. Developer is a very serious role and I think you HAVE to meet the age requirements to fit the position. For legal reasons, and for the server itself.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  6. ... Did I not say that?

And when you say "for the server itself", what do you mean? Maturity is a factor in every application, but age does not equal maturity. Furthermore, you could be accepted for Trainee at 10, get promoted to Mod at 11, Sr. Mod at 12 and Administrator at 13.

If the current system allows for 13 year old Admins, then what reasons "for the server" would there be to disallow 15 year old Devs, apart from the legal reasons I already said?

I'm confused :/

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Steven190 likes this.
  7. Any paid position that requires someone to be an employee in Mineplex is required (by the government) to be at least 16 years of age. This isn't like you bypassing the staff age requirement so it doesn't matter - this is for a paid position that has things like wages, hours and holidays. We legally just couldn't hire you as a developer if you aren't 16 no matter how good you are, sorry!

I'm going to lock this thread as it's something that's been addressed and will not change.

Thread Locked -> Concern Addressed​

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Steven190, xGetRekted and Im_Ken like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.