• 649 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8590 Players Online
  • 7941 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Duels

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by 476cps, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Add a duels minigame

Posted Feb 8, 2021
    chungalunga likes this.
  2. Hey!

There are already a couple of ways to duel in Mineplex. There is the gladiators gamemode which you can find in the arcade. You 1v1 duel your opponent, will it theoretically getting harder the more you win as you face others that have also won before. On top of this, there is a lobby gladiators when you can 1v1 anyone you want in the lobby.

Hope this helps!

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  3. Hey @476cps.

@Mehmoodie pretty much summed up what I was going to say, because there are already ways to duel other players on the server.

I would add that if there's one specific player you're looking to duel, or you're finding it difficult to get a game started then you can join an MPS and start the game as often as you'd like. You'll need to get a rank upgrade to host these servers, but if this is something you see yourself doing often then it's a great investment for your time on Mineplex.

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  4. Heyhey!

As stated above by these 2 lovely people, there are game modes which consist of 1v1 duels. There is a game called gladiators which you can find in the lobbies and/or in the arcade section on the server. its a very enjoyable game and I would recommend u check it out!

Have a wonderful day!
    Kehs <3

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  5. Stop saying how there are gladiators. No one likes gladiators.
    In the lobby version you have to time the queue in order to fight who you want and the rounds take ages to finish because everyone just uses the bow. So if you are like 5th in the queue you will have to wait several minutes in order to finally fight your friend.
    The arcade version is ever worse
    Not everyone has a rank to host an mps. And even if you do have a rank those gladiators take just as long as the lobby one does. You have to start the game over and over again, wait those 10 seconds at the start and wait those 10 seconds for the win effect to finish.
    I don't know why everyone is so hesitant to accept good ideas on this server. And the developers are even worse because even if an idea is generally liked by the community, they do nothing to implement it, and then everyone just forgets about it.
    Adding a /duel command would be a quick way to play with your friend and you could make it way more fun than gladiators by adding types of duels. Like bow fight, normal, OP, horseback fight...

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  6. Hey! I went ahead and moved this thread to the New Game Discussion section of the forums as it is better suited there. I'm not sure whether you are wanting a separate version of duels, since Mineplex did have Gladiators as its own game at one point which was kind of its own take on 'duels', so I'd love to see some more elaboration on specifically what type of duels game-mode you'd like to see. Though, I know there has been talk regarding adding a duels game-mode to Mineplex that isn't Gladiators, which honestly I'm not completely against. Gladiators was removed as its own game-mode and was added to Mixed Arcade and got a similar lobby arena that holds 1v1’s, as well as there being a similar game in Nano Games. The main reason Gladiators was removed in the first place I believe was due to the lack of players that it had, it was extremely hard to find a lobby for a decent while and I don’t feel as though there is enough interest in this type of game-mode right now for it to ever come back as it’s own game.

However, I have seen some interesting takes on different types of duel games, and one of the ones that caught my interest was a duels game with Champion kits. I’m not entirely sure how much attention that would get from the overall community, but it would be a fun twist. There’s been a few others suggestions as well like making a kit pvp based version, there’s even been talk about archery duels as well; really the ideas can be extremely vast, so I’d love to see some ideas/discussion on things like that. I think adding a twist of some sort away from the basic Gladiators game could be a way to grasp the attention of the community as well as maybe bring some more ideas forward toward your suggestion.

I found this thread in particular that has some extremely interesting ideas. There is one idea from Bobert that suggests maybe instead of creating a separate mini game, there could be an addition to the Arena PvP area in lobby that allows you to select different types of duel variations. Something like this I think would work better in my opinion, since Gladiators didn’t hold its player base, this would allow for it to be permanent as well as be right in the open for people in lobbies to easily access. I’ll go ahead and link the thread: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/hear-me-out-duels.139761/ and you’re welcome to take a look over it to see the different types of suggestions brought on. I think a lot of the suggestions have potential, just need to be elaborated on more. I’d love to see some more feedback regarding adding duels as a whole, or even some side suggestions similar to those in the thread I linked above.

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  7. A gamemode isn’t a good idea bc mineplex has such a small playerbase that you could easily boost and also gwen doesn’t work at all so there’d be kids cheating their heads off. A few ways around this is to start checking gwen logs players who have high stats (they do this on lunar and mmc for high elos). Also could not add stats for players who fight each other multiple times in a row. For example if player a fights player b and player a wins and requeues and beats player b, they will only get a win for the first time they q’d that person (it would work consecutively meaning that once u queue someone else you can gain stats off that person again)

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  8. If duels was added like a game mode it would put you against a random person in queue and then you could get rewards. But if you do /duel [name] then you would get no rewards (exp,shards,gems)

And arguing that there isn't a need for /duel because there are lobby gladiators is like refusing to buy food because there is some garbage on the street.

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  9. If you're looking to fight one player, then you only need one other person to start a game of Gladiators in an MPS. The OP is talking about a gamemode, and not an extension to the current Lobby Gladiators. I don't see that happening considering the many duel-esque games available on Mineplex at this time.
    A duel command for the lobby game would be great, but the ability to place and break blocks might have to be removed. There is only one arena in the lobby and while it isn't difficult to hide players that are outside of the match, it isn't as simple to hide blocks that are being placed. It would be the same as Nano Gladiators - lots of players fighting in a single arena.

I don't agree with matches like; bow, OP or horseback. Mineplex isn't a practice server. If any sort of practice arena was added it would be tailored for Mineplex games, such as Champions or Survival Games with their respective kits and abilities.

Just remember that "good ideas" are subjective, and everyone will have different opinions.

Posted Feb 8, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 8, 2021
  10. Duels are meant to be quick paced 1v1 with an option for a rematch to make it quicker.
    There aren't any duel-esque games because again, duels are fast paced 1v1 games in which you don't have to wait ages to fight the other person.
    It isn't a practice server but it would be fun to have different varieties.

Posted Feb 8, 2021