• 663 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10822 Players Online
  • 10159 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

dude what is even happening

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Daye, Jul 5, 2021.

1. This thread is meant for discussion. I would like to hear community members' opinions. To clarify THIS POST IS FOR DISCUSSION.

What the heck is going on? Does anyone else not realize that this server is literally going down the tubes because of the fact that no update has been put out for clans, or honestly any game in general. So many people just want to play this game, but no one really cares anymore. I mean no update, even just a broad idea of when it is being released, and it has almost been two years. I really don't understand anymore. Can anyone help me understand??

Posted Jul 5, 2021
    Toastie and Powwy like this.
  2. No information has been released regarding a Java update, however, Alex is in the process of hiring new developers which will in turn, hopefully produce new upcoming updates in the future. It's hard to push out updates if Mineplex does not have the necessary resources to do so I'm afraid - which is why nothing major has been released recently.

Posted Jul 6, 2021
  3. At this point, I really wish Clans was simply reset. I haven't even played Clans this season and have wanted to try it again for Season 7 but it's taking really, really long. AlexTheCoder said he doesn't want to reset the map until the new update but honestly it has been taking an eternity and it is definitely due for a reset at the least.

As said above me by @IWantUberEATS , Alex is in the process of hiring new developers for both Java and Bedrock which he has spoken about a few times publicly in the Mineplex Discord (discord.mineplex.com). He is the only developer that has worked and works for Clans, though, so technically him hiring the new developers has no effect on the status of Clans, really. However, some if not all of the new developers will be front-end which means they will be responsible in updating all of the other games that have not gotten an update.

I would really hope SSM finally gets what it was promised, however that was started by Sam (moppletop) and then he resigned so I'm not entirely sure what's going on there - but other than SSM, Skywars, SG, UHC, Mixed Arcade are all due for updates and I sincerely hope they get them. Of course, it's not only games - we have a lot of proposals planned for things like communities, parties, MPS, etc that would also need a developer or two.

Posted Jul 6, 2021
    hkq and Daye like this.
  4. 4 months since Alex said he was hiring devs, lets celebrate.

Posted Jul 6, 2021
    Border, Tanish_, Paladise and 2 others like this.
  5. As stated by several users above, the bottleneck here is dev time, or really just Alex since other devs don't generally work on Clans. It's mostly out of the hands of the Clans team since everything except for the coding and testing is done.

Posted Jul 6, 2021
    rejudge likes this.
  6. If Season 7 isn't happening this summer, at least give us Season 6 Map 4.

Posted Jul 8, 2021
  7. I mean the servers playerbase is at an all time low. give the playerbase something and people will come back. continue to say "devs are working on it" and you'll just have to shutdown like hive. jesus what the heck.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2021
    Powwy likes this.
  8. at this point in time, it seems alex does not show true care for the gamemode and/or we need a new dev for clans. Alex is clearly either too busy or too lazy to code clans when he can/should be.

Posted Jul 10, 2021
    Daye and chungalunga like this.
  9. so fax dude we just need new devs, ones who will do stuff

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2021
  10. it ain't like clans don't got support or the financial success to stay alive. We got 13 y/o kids spending 10k on legends n stuff to make up for the lower player counts

Posted Jul 11, 2021
  11. Many comments and situations that you have mentioned are/have been addressed by staff, however, in order before I give my thoughts allow me to promptly explain some of the situation observed from the best of my ability.

Currently, most of the community is aware of the fact that there has been no update put out for clans, or for that matter other games as well. Many people will want to enjoy the game, however, in its current state, there needs to be patience for development on both the community and developmental side of this situation. Surely, there has been no update is 2+ years, and there is no- at the very least released- broad idea of what is being released. It is important that confusion is met with awareness and I'm sure with some digging among the forum and interactions with staff you will find more answers to your questions.

Lack of updates, new content, and smaller community-

An apparent lack of updates and new content to the game has been a stale fringe of the Mineplex community as a whole. Unfortunately I cannot speak on the end of developers nor change the current circumstance for my better understanding, but I believe first and foremost that the game not receiving updates and new content has led to a steady decline of player count and support. The now growing demand for new content in a smaller community creates a rough bottleneck that acts as a gatekeep for further involvement on both the developmental and community side of this situation.

Appropriation and widespread use of hacks and hack clients-

This is more of a side note, but the overall appropriation and widespread use of hacks and hack clients has become more and more of an issue as time has gone on in the Clans community. As of a statistic taken from just a small unbiased sample size of 30 consistent Clans players (who are not named for safety and community purposes), an overwhelming majority of 67% of all players actively hack or have a history of hacking, and a severe minority of only 33% of players play legitimately and are put at a disadvantage. As a whole, this speaks on both the condition of moderation, Clans leadership structure, content, and consistency as well as engagement in the community.

(This is not open to interpretation of said majority or minority and was taken on a truthful basis of players in an unbiased fashion based off of observation and research).

This is only a small portion of my thoughts which can be evolved upon or critiqued. However, I before the end of this message I must disclose the following:

The condition of the current Clans community and game as a whole has entered a low point, however, I am hopeful that with upcoming changes, updates, and staff, that all if not only some of the issues detailed can be fixed both community and game-wise.

Hacking, although a human variable, is certainly as of this point in time a permanently ingrained feature of the community and must be understood and adjusted to, as well as interacted and dealt with. This is not to say that it well ever be fixed or addressed, but I am again hopeful that future improvements community and game-wise will fix this issue.

This is not to call out certain members of the community at this particular moment or to insight a direct change slighted at groups of individuals, it is meant for awareness; and as I'm sure has been speculated, how to, or how not to insight change in this subject.

Posted Jul 14, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.