• 765 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3344 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dream Vacation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Look_Dan, Nov 25, 2019.

1. This is so hard... I've been to some amazing places and I love them all...

If I had to choose it would be Jasper National Park in Canada. I've only been there once and I was sick when I did, but it was an amazing trip and the scenery is beautiful there. I would love to go there again when I'm not sick so I get to enjoy it even more

Posted Nov 26, 2019
    Thenorn, Look_Dan and FluteVegetables like this.
  2. My ideal vacation would definitely take place in Europe. Although I've never been there, it looks like a beautiful continent from what I've seen. Famous attractions such as the Eiffel Tower and the Leaning Tower of Pisa look especially beautiful and it would be a wonderful experience to be exposed to so many sights with rich historic backgrounds. I'm also quite certain that the food there tastes amazing; for instance, as a big fan of Italian food, visiting the nation that created spaghetti, pizza, etc. seems like an amazing opportunity. There are so many things to do in Europe and exploring a whole new continent that I've never been to before is an adventure that I am more than willing to take.

Posted Nov 26, 2019
    Steven190 and Look_Dan like this.
  3. Heyo!
    My dream vacation would probably have to be in the bahamas :love eyes:

Posted Nov 26, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  4. Hey Ryan!

You probably already have an idea about where I want to go, which is Greece! There are a number of reasons I want to travel to Greece; the views there are amazing, the beaches are beautiful, I have family I haven’t met there, I haven’t traveled overseas so I want the experience, and generally the cities look very lovely and calm. My favourite part about looking at pictures of Greece is seeing those absolutely stunning beaches, I’m not the biggest beach lover, but I’d relax on those beaches any day! I also wish I could see a lot of family I haven’t met that may have seen me as a baby but I’ve never spoken to them before! Plus, I want the general experience of travelling, and if I could do it with a good friend, that would be a bonus.

Great post idea, I liked reading your response and everyone else’s.

Posted Nov 26, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  5. Hey! Personally, my dream vacation would be to go to Hollywood California, which I am going next month. I've been to California two times, but I've only been to LA and San Francisco. I've never been to Hollywood, but I'd like to see the Hall of Fame, the Hollywood sign, go to some theme parks, and explore other opportunities. Perhaps I may stumble upon a celebrity that I've seen on TV or the media, which would be really cool.

Posted Nov 26, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  6. Hate to break it to you but LA is not quite what it's cracked up to be. At least as someone who lives in the area, it's a lot more homeless and traffic than it is fun and moviestars. Though if you do come out and want to meet some famous people I recommend checking out Malibu.

As for OP, prob Italy or Japan. Both seem beautiful and anime has sparked my interest quite a bit in Japanese culture.

Posted Nov 26, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  7. I'm already happier than usual because Thanksgiving break starts tomorrow! I'm staying home but suppose I would be going somewhere. I would like to go to a warm beach somewhere. Probably in Mexico or on a Caribbean island.

Posted Nov 27, 2019
    Look_Dan and Korben2005 like this.
  8. Hiiii

As a person who goes on vacations quite a bit to various countries and continents, there’s not really anywhere I want to go that I haven’t been to yet. But there is one place.

I’ve always wanted to go to Sweden. I love the Swedish language and I taught myself it. I’m fluent in Swedish now and I want to show off my skills in Sweden. I have a lot of friends from there, and I just feel a connection with the country for some reason. In England, I don’t live very far away from Sweden but I’ve just never been. I’ve been to Denmark (another absolutely gorgeous country) but never anywhere else in Scandinavia unfortunately.

As for somewhere I’ve already been, it’s definitely always going to be Acapulco in Mexico. I’ve been once before, and it was honestly one of the best holidays I’ve ever had. I didn’t really know what to expect from Mexico, because you always hear these horror stories online. But it was honestly incredible. The people, the places and the food. I am desperate to go back and I believe I’m going back next year. We stayed at the Princess Mundo Imperial hotel and omg it’s such a good hotel!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  9. Heyo!

My dream vacation would probably be to Bora Bora and stay in those beautiful huts over the ocean. The water looks stunning and I would love to go there.

I’d also love to go Hawaii another beautiful and magical place to go. Once again it has stunning beaches and oceans.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  10. For this question, I think it has to depend on my mood. Sometimes I'm feeling like a beach vacation, and for that I'd love to go somewhere like Turks and Caicos. Still, other times I'm feeling experiencing something more historical and genuine and would love to take a trip all around Italy. My main vacation goal right now (that is actually feasible for my current income) is New York City during the winter holiday season. I'd love to walk the streets of NYC and see the big Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in all its glory -- and you can't forget about the Plaza Hotel (the one from Home Alone 2)! Unfortunately, I won't be making that trip this winter season, but hopefully next year I'll be able to!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  11. Hello! My dream vacation would have to be going to New York. Althought I live in America, I've seen many pictures of Times Square, New York City and it's absolutely stunning. It seems/looks like a great place to have fun with friends at, explore, and overall have a fun time.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  12. I would have to say that a dream vacation of mine would be a trip to the French Alps. I have recently fallen in love with France and the culture that surrounds it, and as an avid speaker of the language myself it would be fun to put my skills to the test in a place where it matters. Not to mention, I also love mountains and hiking and there would be so many opportunities to enjoy that in not only the Alps but just France in general. I feel like such a vacation would fulfill my fantasies to an extent that never has before and would truly be a dream.

Anyways, that was a fun opportunity for me to rant about two of my favorite things: France and mountains. Cool thread! I've enjoyed reading everyone else's replies.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  13. As a Canadian, this makes me happy. It's crazy to think how different life is across the sea, even if we're in the same commonwealth... Britain is a wonderful place too, and I'm happy you like my home. We've got everything. From the mountains to the prairies, to Tim Hortons and a crippled middle school education system. Jokes aside, it's an amazing place to live.

Just yesterday my neighbor knocked on the door to let me know I left my garage door open! People here are kind. "Sorry" is one of our top 5 most used words, can confirm. Everything about Canada is great, but so is Britain. That being said, it is crazy to see how much the two countries have in common.

Aside from the fact we're still a constitutional monarchy like you guys, a lot of the culture, names, and traditions have followed across the sea. Sure, they're somewhat diluted with other amazing cultures, but we're more similar than you'd think.

Now, addressing the OP:
    I consider myself lucky, because my parents make it a point to travel and experience the world. I've been to all continents, with the exception of y'know, Antarctica. Some places include; Cairo, Athens, Rome, Venice, Amalfi, Sydney, New York, Florida, Venezuela, London, Split-Croatia, Japan, Beijing.

Every cruise- every resort, every flight. My parents make it a point to include us, and to try and give us that. I don't think I was grateful for that until recently. So you ask me where I'd like to visit. And honestly, I'm a person that loves Math, Science, Computers, and Engineering. I've been everywhere I'd like to be, at least, on this planet. I'm a dreamer, and more than that, I'm a nerd. Grew up with Star Trek, (not Star Wars, yuck). Been fascinated by the stars, and space since I was born. Telescope in my room. I think that I'd like to be apart of this next generation of space exploration.

Very tired, would love to explain more, but this is a conversation for another thread. Hope you enjoyed my wall of text,
    - Fallen

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Im_Ken and Look_Dan like this.
  14. I would live to go to Canada to see my fellow astronaut @Fallen. Jokes aside, my best friend moved there recently so I'd love to see him again!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Look_Dan and Fallen like this.
  15. Aw man this dude's just asking for a Follow. ;) Appreciate it dude.
    - Fallen

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  16. Ah yes, I'm from Canada too and my old neighbours used to own properties with a lot of maple trees so every spring they'd bring us about 5 big jars of maple syrup, it was great xD

That's also a pretty exhaustive list! It's neat that you got to visit all continents too. I've made it to 3 of them with a 4th potentially in the works because of my university program next year. The places/major cities I've been to are: Dominican Republic, Mexico, London, Paris, Basel, Lucerne, Munich, Venice, Florence, Naples/Sorrento, Rome, Dublin, Belfast, Athens/Greek Islands, Tel Aviv, Northeast US, Florida, California (Going to San Francisco in 4 weeks :D) and then western Canada because some of my family lives in Alberta.

Agreed 100%, Jasper National Park is beautiful, I've only gone once even though some of my family is in Alberta and I visit every so often. We also went to Banff National Park which is equally as amazing and we stayed at the Fairmont in Lake Louise and it was incredible.

[​IMG]

I would reply to every one of you but there are so many replies xD Neat to see how everyone seeks a different type of experience though, it's cool how traveling can cater to pretty much everyone's interests and desires!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
    ScarletBlood37, Im_Ken and Korben2005 like this.
  17. I would love to go to Rome. I've always wanted to travel there for the food, the history, the people, the culture, the everything basically. The place is so fascinating to me and I'd love to be able to learn some more about their culture and how its similar yet also different to mine here in America. However, being realistic, the farthest I'll probably get for the close future would be Cabo San Lucas in Mexico since its a lot closer than Rome is from where I am. It also has some of the same things like being able to experience some Mexican culture while also being in a resort town to escape reality.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen, xOeuf and Look_Dan like this.
  18. Same, Japan seems like such a surreal place to travel to. I really want to experience it, as well as South Korea. You'd Ideally have to take a good month for both to see everything: they're such interesting places to explore!
    I really like China as well, much of my family lives there so I get to go there a lot - it's almost like a second home to me, yet Shanghai & Beijing never fail to amaze me. The swarm of cultures and the bustling cities are astounding, there's so much to see and do; life never dies down there.

Rome was also one of my favorites in Europe. When I lived in Italy I'd travel down there with my best friend to see his nonna, and we'd spend a month there, then in Sardinia. It was absolutely amazing and I'd give anything to go back <3

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Look_Dan and Im_Ken like this.
  19. - Dominican Republic: Never been... how is it?
    - Mexico: Great depending on where you go. Some places are a bit run down/impoverished, but others are beautiful.
    - Belfast: I've never been to Ireland, but I bet it'd be really exciting. People always talk about the music, and as an avid Clarinet player (I get that's not exactly the kind of music they're famous for) and someone who loves new music, this sounds great. Also, from history class, wasn't the Titanic built there?
    - Athens: Been there, the acropolis was my favorite part. Absolutely beautiful. We had amazing gyro, like- I'm talking better than any Greek restaurant in Canada, and fresh baklava for dessert. Made me happy, because I grew up with baklava and seeing it being made as a "normal" thing, where I usually had it as a once-in-a-while dessert, that made me happy.

Now, I've gotta skip a bunch because I don't have time. But the ones I've been to out of that lsit are:
    - London
    - Venice
    - Florence
    - Naples
    - Rome
    - Florida

Never actually been to California, or San Francisco! Let me know how it goes. Problem is we travel with young kids (my family) so it limits our options some of the time.

Generally though, it seems like you've definitely been around, and there are a lot of places I think might be cool out of that list. Great picks!

- Fallen

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  20. The Dominican Republic is awesome! I've been to Punta Cana 4 times and it's incredible. We've never done much venturing off the resorts but every time we've gone, the weather has been pretty much flawless, the food is always great and the beaches are nice. We go more for the relaxation rather than the exploring. I also was there for a wedding last year and it was an absolute blast!

The Titanic was built in Belfast! I went to the Titanic museum there and it was really cool, the building is quite modern as well. Ireland overall is really cool, my mom and sister are going in the summer and I'm pretty jealous, I can't go because I work full time in the summer. xD

I really liked Athens too, not as much as the islands that we visited (Mykonos & Santorini) but the history was definitely really cool and there were some really quirky parts like this one area that was Mary Poppins themed and had umbrellas covering the alley. I also thought the acropolis was really cool and I found it impressive how you can see it throughout the city as long as there wasn't a tall building beside you. On our first day, we ate at this restaurant in Athens with pretty spectacular views. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/fL1Famx

I definitely understand why you're limited with younger travellers. Los Angeles is really cool but probably more suited for slightly older travellers and I'll find out with San Francisco! :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.