• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4940 Players Online
  • 4940 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Draw My Thing word selection

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SomeCabbage, Apr 17, 2021.

1. I was thinking, what if the person drawing had the option to select from one of 3 words, so that they could potentially avoid drawing something they do not know how to draw. This idea is similar in concept to how skribbl.io works. skribbl.io is a browser based version of pictionary. Basically, more simply, when you are drawing, before you draw, you get 3 words to choose from. You pick the one you want to draw, and then you draw it. Adding this feature might make it so that you don't have to cheat or rig the game in order to guess all the words right.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
    chhase, Paladise and Sunny / Slash like this.
  2. I've seen this idea suggested a few times in the past and have always been a fan of it. However, I think that the ability to choose your word should be assigned to some sort of Achievement Kit in Draw My Thing rather than just by default. This would give players an incentive to continue playing the game and and working towards this kit by earning achievements in order to gain this power to choose what they draw.

I managed to find a thread originating in 2019 and being denied in 2020 with this same idea and, unfortunately, it looks as though it was marked as Not Planned with the reasoning being the following:

As I said, I do think that this would be an interesting addition to the game, but the reasoning given by the Game Insights team for not implementing it seems pretty solid. I could see players continuously picking words like "dog" and "grass", taking away a big part of the competitiveness and challenge of the game and overall decreasing the quality this particular game mode.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Xukuwu likes this.