• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7042 Players Online
  • 4152 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Draw My Thing - Thinker Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by opd02, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Draw my thing is a classic game that is great, but I feel it is odd that it doesn't have kits of any sort. I understand that it is a simple thing and that making kits is sort of odd, but what if there was a DMT kit that caused your hints to reveal faster? It could be called Thinker and gives you an edge over players due to the fact that you can see the hints faster. Just something I guess that gives the devoted players with gems somewhere to spend them to help their gameplay!

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    PureSimple likes this.
  2. Hey,

If draw my thing were to have a kit, then there would have to be more kits added to balance out the game, because otherwise you could just ask the rate of getting hints to be increased. I personally think that Draw my thing doesn't need any sort of kit because its game acts like master builders, where people have the same kits, effects, and ability to win. I think a kit with faster hints would make the kit necessary to use to get hints, unless there were other kits to be added. While I say that kits aren't somewhat necessary for games like DMT and Master builders, I think people should have some sort of reward for getting all the achievements in draw my thing, because gems might not be useful in the long run. Making a kit like you suggested would require more kits to balance out the game, which would make it more complicated to simplify the game, when we could just leave the kits and leave it balanced, assuming cheating isn't possible. Overall, I think adding kits to the game would cause a lot more issues to the game, and remove the whole aspect of a fair-skilled game if people would have faster rates to getting hints, since the point of the game is to guess what the person is drawing. Otherwise, hope I gave good feedback on this idea.

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and Looof like this.
  3. Hello
    I feel like I would not like to see this added for these reasons below:

1. this kit would be the only kit in DMT, causing everyone to just use “Thinker” which takes away the purpose of even having the kit in the first place.

2. This kit would take time to implement, and could potentially cause bugs that are just not needed on DMT.

3. To make this kit worth the time to code, other kits would have to be coded as well to give option to players on what to pick, and I just don’t see this happening in the future as it would take too much time.

Conclusion:
    DMT is a balanced game, and the addition of new kits could unbalance it, which is why I don’t like the idea. The addition of only one kit is also pointless, and I don’t think Mineplex should devote time to making more than one kit for a game that is perfectly fine right now.

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    ScarletBlood37, opd02 and Wiz2K like this.
  4. Heyo!

I agree that a kit would be nice in DMT, but I don't think this kit would be the route to go on because it seems generally unfair. Sure, everyone could buy the kit, but the players that aren't using the kit would have a BIG disadvantage. It would be a different story if there was a default kit to counter it, but because there isn't a current kit at the moment, using that kit would cause unbalance in the game.

It'll have to be a -1 from me, but thanks for suggesting and have a good day!

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    okRen, Wiz2K, Looof and 1 other person like this.
  5. There are some players who memorise all words or play the game often enough to recognise most of them just from the hints, adding this kit would add to the unfairness. Plus, even without experience, _og is easily identified as dog, and there are even two letter words (TV & CD).

There used to be different kits like Extra Time, Selector and an achievement kit that had extra tools, but since the 2016 texture pack and map update, tools have been available for everyone, so that wouldn't work anymore.

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    opd02 likes this.
  6. This idea has been denied by Game Insights for the following reasons:
    • The kit essentially gives those who use it free points as it doesn't take any skill to capitalise off of - it just gives those who use it a straight-up advantage
    • As @Looof said, this being the only kit in the game (since we're not planning to add back the kits that previously existed) would make its benefits redundant
    • Kits aren't necessary for the game, as it is about memorisation and your ability to decipher the word being drawn so kits that give people random and unbalanced advantages aren't needed
    Not Planned - Denied by GI

Posted Aug 5, 2020