• 1416 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5322 Players Online
  • 3906 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Draw my thing needs an update.

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by Garlic_Kasparov, Mar 5, 2019.

?

SHOULD DRAW MY THING BE HEAVILY UPDATED OR REMOVED.

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. I would love to see Draw My Thing updated but not removed. As already stated, Game Insights already has some ideas to improve the game and I'm excited to hear more about them and see how they transform the game. The main reason that I don't think the game should be removed is because it gives players a different, non-PvP based game to play. We already have countless games that are centered around PvP and while those are exciting, it's not what everyone wants to play all of the time. We need games like DMT that are more relaxing and meant to engage players in activities other than just PvP. Personally, when I may get frustrated from being killed constantly in PvP games, I turn to games like DMT or Speed Builders to relax a bit.

Posted Mar 8, 2019
  2. Hey!

Personally, I enjoy playing Draw My Thing. I agree with you, there's a lot that can be improved, as a lot of times you can see people either spelling a word out on the board, or someone who got it right spelling it out in chat. Maybe a way to report inappropriate drawings/spelling the word out could be added, and/or muting someone for the duration of the round after they get a correct answer?

To your point about there being only 3 players on; I think that it very much depends on the time you're on/the time zone you're in. I guarantee that you'll find a lot more players, in general, on the server on a Saturday afternoon than, say, a Wednesday night. So, I think that being on at different times might help you to find more players.

Posted Mar 9, 2019
  3. I used to love to play Draw My Thing a lot in 2015, and I could have imagined that I wanted to play again along with my old friends. Although, there are some other ways DMT will make some of the improvements. I do not want to see one of a major game, Draw My Thing to be removed because there are some of the players who love to play their favorite game still. Of course this will be disappointing to have it to be removed.

I think having to remove the server resource packs will make DMT playable for most of the players. I remember seeing that they had complaints about their issues with their server resource packs and why it isn’t playable. If Draw My Thing is revamping like taking out the server resource pack, then I will be happy that I do not need to wait it out for the resource pack to be loaded automatically.

Overall, Draw My Thing needs improvement to make the gameplay experience look better for everyone to enjoy.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  4. Draw My Thing can usually reach 70 players at around 3:00 pm est. If you're getting on early in the morning or late at night then you will most certainly find trouble finding games. The game itself may need an update with lots more words since it only takes about 50 games to memorizes every common word. The game also needs a fix where the keen eye achievement is possible to get along with the dmt missions.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  5. Changed into a new game and updating the game are two different things.

There is no reason to remove the game just because it's stale. It has a player base of some sort because it's literally Pictionary.

Changes
    What it could do with is a resource pack removal because the colours (or at least most if not all) can be all done without the pack. The RP causes issues and doesn't always load, freezes players, crashes lower end PCs because of the way they are in MC. This would most likely bring in new players just because of that.

If the RP is kept, custom sounds would bring it some new life and give it some more style.

The game itself is pretty standard, but other extras like bonus rounds with premade images loaded onto the painting board after a full round for a quickfire way to get extra points would be nice.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  6. if it doesn't attract players, and it has no potential to, then it should be removed, period.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  7. Def. "silly _____ game" A term used by people who only play one or two games to describe any other game on the server, because people aren't currently showing interest in their games and they have no idea how to play, or talk about, any other game on Mineplex.

Trust me, there's a whole community of people who care about it. I thought this flawed 'argument' as a case for not updating a game has died down by now? Oh well, clearly not. ;P

People could say the same about other games...

'I never said don't update games, just don't update Super Smash Mobs as no one cares about it, actually update some casual games that new players actually play like Draw My Thing, Speed Builders and Master Builders instead of wasting time and resources on some silly mob fighting game where everyone hides in a tree as a squid the whole game'

Doesn't sound very intelligent when I say it either, does it?

Mineplex isn't gonna get better by leaving more games behind, since the MP community as a whole consists of players for each and every game, so saying "no one cares about this game" isn't going to win you any points when it comes to being taken seriously.

As for the original post, it won't surprise anyone to hear that I'm all for a DMT update as opposed to removing the game, the main thing being the texture pack as some have already said, since a solid chunk of people who want to play cannot do so because the texture pack won't load and will kick them. Thankfully, a DMT update is in the works, it has been for some time, and front and centre of that update is texture pack removal.

Bringing back some other kits, especially the ones from back in the day, would also be a cool idea, as there was literally no reason to remove them in the first place, and I know a good number of people who always used one of the others that isn't the standard one. A rework of the points system, where more difficult words to draw/guess would give you more points, is something else that would add an extra level of reward for those who stick around to learn the game better.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    Smaland47, Mediocre_Player and Sheev like this.
  8. Helloou!

This is one of my favourites games and I strongly disagree when it comes to removing it. Yes, you might be right, it's been a long time since the last update but that doesn't mean it has to be removed.
    I'm totally up for an update and as @coralines said, a major update it's coming; sooner or later, but it's coming. I'd love to see some changes since the game hasn't been modified in ages.

As for the update suggestions, I don't really know if the old kits would be such a great change. I'd like to see changes when it comes to the game itself: more words added, new mechanics, improved scoring system, etc.
    I'm excited to see so many of you waiting for the update. Can't wait to see it live! <3

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    coralines likes this.
  9. It just needs an update, the game is fine, it could just use more things to draw. As well as it is still stuck on the Christmas theme xD

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  10. I think that Draw My Thing is a decent game and I hope the updates get sorted out soon ; However I Don't think it should come to it getting removed! I think updates will do the job for now...

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  11. DMT is one of my favorite games, and I never had problems with it. The only thing that I would change is to add more maps, ofterwise, the game is great! I guess you are playing while most of the players are sleeping.

~Twingle

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  12. Do you know the reason it only gets 20 players? A lack of updates is a huge factor. You're ignoring that not updating these games is the reason they quit, and still refusing to update it is just slowly chiselling away our player base.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    Mediocre_Player likes this.
  13. lmao I love how this can work word for word as a case for why castle siege shouldn't have been removed xd

Posted Mar 16, 2019
  14. I 100% agree that Draw My Thing needs to be updated. However, I do not think it needs to be removed. There are many people, including myself, that play it frequently. I do acknowledge, though, that the lack of updates has made it slightly uninteresting. But it's a classic game, and one that I would love to see stick around.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  15. An update couldn't hurt as long as it didn't change the identity of the game. Though it does need more words.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  16. Since DMT is still played and has a small amount of players needed, I think that it is fine to stay as a game. Some people brought up removing CS, but that needed so many players, and with the decline of Minecraft players, it was hard to hold multiple and fair games. However, in DMT, this is not an issue and although not one of the most played, is still played and fine to find a game unless not many people are on.

Posted Mar 17, 2019