• 457 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8895 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Draw my thing needs an update.

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by Garlic_Kasparov, Mar 5, 2019.

?

SHOULD DRAW MY THING BE HEAVILY UPDATED OR REMOVED.

1. Yes

65.4%
  2. No

34.6%
  1. Does anyone else agree. Draw my thing should be changed into a new game because when i went on mineplex, there were only 3 people playing it and that is quite disappointing.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  2. While Draw My Thing can definitely get a little bit empty at times, I disagree with removing it completely. Are you sure you're not just going online at a bad time like late at night when most people are asleep? I know there are still plenty of players who enjoy it, and would be upset to see it go. As for updating it, do you have any ideas on how to make DMT better? I don't believe there are currently any major problems with it. Sometimes certain things just decrease a little in popularity as other things change and more attention is focused on new games, but that doesn't mean it should be removed.

If you have any ideas on how it can be improved I'd love to hear them.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
    P_U_R_P_L_E likes this.
  3. I have to agree with @BuySomeApples because DMT is one of my favorite games and I’ve never had a problem with it. The only thing that would be nice to update would be a map change but other than that I have no complaints. Usually I don’t have trouble joining a game either so maybe you are joining at a bad time.

Overall I’d say a -1 because Mineplex definitely doesn’t need to update DMT before anything else.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  4. DMT should definitely not be removed. That statement is probably a bit biased since it was one of the first games I played on Mineplex, but despite that, it's still a gamemode that plenty of people play on a daily basis. If you take a look at the leaderboards, it shows that people do play it. It isn't the most popular game at night, but neither are a lot of other games.

I think the gamemode deserves an update, such as allowing players to choose a word from a list of three, but I heard in the past it was not possible to add that. Maybe that has changed, and it might happen in the future. Aside from that, I don't think it needs any other major changes since the gamemode is supposed to be simple and straightforward.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  5. Heya!

I also disagree that Draw My Thing should be removed as I think quite a good portion of the community still love the game and find it fun to play. I am definitely not opposed to an update but are there any suggestions you have the update or anything you would like to see implemented?

Personally, I don't think there is too much you can add to DMT as it is a pretty standard concept. I guess some more words could be added but in terms of huge updates there's not something major that I believe needs to be implemented as of right now and I think the game is fine as it is.

Have a nice day c:

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  6. DMT is such a good game, I don't think reworking (pretty much reworking) it is a good solution. Seems like a lazy solution, tbh. We aren't going to disappoint a community just because we can't put together an update. It's an OG game, it isn't too broken, and I don't see why we should rework it.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  7. Alright so I think updating is the best idea. I think a way to do this might be making new maps and advertising it. And I come online regularly and it’s always pretty empty. I love the game and I think a great idea is to hype the game. Mineplex should host an event or tournament and have a reward (for example a rank). This would be sure to raise the DMT playerbase. Please share your ideas for making DMT as fun as it used to be.
    --- Post updated ---
    S
    o
    With the proper skills and resources that Mineplex has, its 100% possible

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 5, 2019
  8. I first played Draw My Thing years ago with an irl friend of mine and it was really fun. I still find it fun and I totally have to disagree with it being removed. Whenever I go to play a game, I don't have a problem with the player count. It isn't a lot or too low, as long as it is enough to start a game, which it is. I do agree though that it does need an update. Not a heavy update, just a switch of words. I have been playing the game for a while to know all the words and sometimes get it before the person even starts to draw. My friend even told me that she made a google document of all the words and when she plays she uses it XD. The only fix Draw My Thing should get is to change all the words into new ones.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  9. Your logic is literally ******ed, CS was removed while the person with most wins had 3 times as many wins as the person with most DMT wins has. Top MOBA and CA players have more.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  10. So is your logic. Castle siege never had any games start anymore since 95 percent of the top playercount is gone and it took 100 people to fill a game so removing it didn't make any difference as no one could play it either way. Draw my thing might start a game once in awhile although I never play it. But it shouldn't get updated as there are far better games that are in need of updates on this server and the mc community is after more pvp based games. Updating draw my thing is a complete waste of time and resources and mineplex has few of either at this point.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
    florence ♡ and SpitefulNick like this.
  11. Dude I never said I wanted CS back, I was just highlighting the flaws in her logic.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  12. DMT needs a massive update, but it’s already being worked on and all suggestions have been gathered in a doc through GI - a doc that was written months ago.
    These suggestions and changes overall are ready to be developed and everything, we just need a dev to get to it and apply the changes.

The game actually has lots of major problems that were brought with the old DMT update/change, when a resource pack was added and kits disappeared (if you were around in 2015, you should know about the resource pack being implemented and the kits being removed). That’s when the game started losing its constantly high playerbase, and we are trying through GI to revert some of those changes in order to bring more players back - since several people don’t know how to enable server resource pack, which forces them out of the game.

Posted Mar 6, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 6, 2019
  13. If mineplex wastes time updating a silly painting game it won't make it out of 2019.

Posted Mar 6, 2019
  14. You saying it is 'silly' shows you're biased.

Also, in that sense, we can just throw away the tree lobby. Heck, we can even ditch the entire server because it's something from 2013. An 'old' thing doesn't necessarily mean we shouldn't 'waste' time to update and improve it. It existed and still exists for a reason.

I think it goes without saying that the general Minecraft playerbase is more focused on PvP-related games. However, that alone doesn't mean DMT 'shouldn't get updated'. As a Pictionary game, DMT is very different from the PvP games we usually get nowadays. Actually caring about the game makes DMT players feel less as neglected since the PvP games usually get in the spotlight. Besides, as long as one player still plays the game, updating the game isn't 'a complete waste of time and resources'. Though, I have to agree with you that there are many more other major things that have higher priority to spend time and effort on instead of a DMT update.

Posted Mar 6, 2019
    coralines likes this.
  15. Right, let’s not update games and keep complaining about the server being dead!!1!1!1!

Posted Mar 6, 2019
  16. Heyoo!

I don't think that DMT should be completely removed, as others have said, it still gets players, and many still consider it one of their favorite games. I know that DMT has been on Mineplex a very long time, it's one of the original games.

I do think that it should be an update though. Achievement kits that would allow the drawer to choose a word would be a good start in my opinion. Other than this I think the addition of more maps would help just to make each game slightly different, even if it's only in scenery.

Posted Mar 6, 2019
  17. Honestly the texture pack just needs to be removed to help boost players.

Posted Mar 6, 2019
    Mediocre_Player likes this.
  18. I never said don't update games, just don't update Draw my thing as no one cares about it, actually update some pvp games that people actually play like ssm, DOM, and sg instead of wasting time and resources on some silly guessing game that gets like 20 players.

Posted Mar 6, 2019
  19. That's extremely suggestive and untrue. Many people care about the game, such as @Nimbus and @SnowyKitty. Just because you don't appreciate the gamemode doesn't mean others do.

Posted Mar 7, 2019
    Nimbus likes this.
  20. Yeah a bunch of us over at GI made a juicy DMT update doc. While a bunch of things we planned are just improvements or good additions, the main point is actually reverting the last update it got.

For reference, the last update it got was sometime in 2016? In that update, the game lost its kits and gained a resource pack.
    The one kit that remained was arguably the worst kit.
    (The other two kits gave you extra drawing time or allowed the drawer to pick one out of three words, both much more useful than drawing shapes more easily.)

The main downgrade however was the addition of the resource pack. That alone stopped many players from playing due to the load times.

Before the update, my group of friends could play DMT for hours.
    The days after it was removed, we tried, but we just couldn't get into it. It wasn't fun anymore thanks to the loss of kits and resource pack.

why bother updating yet another mindless pvp clicker game when mineplex can update an actually thoughtful and interesting game like draw my thing? they should use their time and resources on their more unique gamemodes.

that's what you sound like.

Don't be rude my dude.

Posted Mar 7, 2019
    Nimbus, Mediocre_Player and Vocaloiid like this.