• 2829 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12936 Players Online
  • 10107 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Draw My Thing Change

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by clashvalley, Nov 27, 2019.

1. As I’m sure many of you already know, Draw My Thing is a somewhat popular game on Mineplex which is where players take turns drawing and guessing words for points. At the end of the game the player with the most points wins.
    I personally love this game due to its relaxed yet also competitive nature that allows you to have fun with friends or compete with others.
    Despite this, it has a minor flaw with can disrupt gameplay or cause confusion. This is the words’ spaces (_ _ _). The location these gaps are placed is next to the chat so when a new round starts you struggle to count the number of letters or see new letters as they appear.
    On behalf of the community I am putting forward a suggestion to move the words spaces to another corner of the screen (such as the right hand corner or left) so it is easier to see and play the game.
    Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to read this, I hope this suggestion is able to help some people or spark ideas. Feel free to leave other suggestions or comments related to this below! :)

- clashvalley

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  2. Thread moved to Game Alterations
    I do play DMT sometimes, and I really don't run into this problem much if at all throughout gamplay. I can definitely see where it would be annoying, especially if you have your chat at a larger size or more opaque or something like that. This could depend on screen size also. Because of this, I think it would be perfectly fine to move the hint to another designated area of the screen. I'm thinking at the top towards the boss bar would be best.

Posted Nov 27, 2019
    chhase and clashvalley like this.

3. I agree with you on this. It can be very annoying when you aren't able to see the word spaces, and I am having this problem myself at times. Would moving it to the bottom right corner would be better or more towards the center? Anyways, just moving it to a different place on the screen would benefit many players (at least I think so lol). +1 from me :)

-scar

Posted Nov 27, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  4. I think it would definitely be a nice QoL change. I don’t play DMT a lot, but I’ve experienced this before during the few times I’ve played it. It can be annoying and distracting during the game.

Although it’s a minor change, I think it’ll improve people’s experience overall. I also don’t see any harm in adding it as well.

Nice idea

Posted Nov 27, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  5. I've also encountered this issue while playing Draw My Thing. The word spaces are barely visible when there are lines upon lines of text covering it, and I end up finding myself clearing the chat to get a better look at the hint provided. I agree with Dulciloquy's suggestion on moving the hint to somewhere that will not easily be obstructed by the chat, namely the boss bar (or possibly scoreboard). This way, players will be able to view the hint as well as the chat simultaneously without the latter dominating over the former.
    I'm not sure if moving the word spaces to the bottom right corner would be possible. The closest position that I can think of is the bottom of the scoreboard. I think it would also look quite off if the hint is located in a corner, although that's just my speculation.

Posted Nov 27, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  6. I totally agree with you on this suggestion. I play with my chat on the default size, which is pretty big. I find it to be a pain to change the size for just one game and then change it back after, so I usually just go with it and hope for the best. While I do not see it being a huge issue, I would still definitely like to see it be fixed. At the moment, I just try and count how many dashes there are and hopefully remember it throughout the round. Sometimes this works, but sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps it could be moved to the top of the screen at the bar where informations is displayed? It is not possible for that to be obstructed by the chat and I think it would be a lot easier to see.

Posted Nov 28, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  7. I'm going to have to give a +1 to this idea. Draw My Thing is my go-to game when I am feeling like relaxing and not playing a super highly intensive minigame, so I tend to play it pretty often. It can be a hassle to resize the chat because I play on a pretty small screen as is and like the size of the default chat setting that I currently use. I do run into this probably almost every time I play and would love to see it moved somewhere near the boss bar, as Dulciloquy said.

Posted Nov 28, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  8. Personally, I've never come across this issue, although I'm not sure if it's because of my chat size or screen size. However, from reading the responses, it seems like this is something that has been inconveniencing quite a lot of players. As a DMT enthusiast myself, I can definitely see how it could be frustrating and potentially detrimental to have the word hint obstructed by chat, so I would definitely be in favour of moving it to the top of the screen near the boss bar as suggested by Dulciloquy. Nice suggestion!

Posted Nov 28, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  9. I agree that it can be frustrating at times to have chat in the way of the "HINT:" section of the screen. Although, a simple solution to prevent this is resizing your chat so that it doesn't cover it up as much. However, it's a personal preference and I can understand if someone would prefer another solution over resizing their chat. I think to move the "HINT:" towards the top of the screen where the Boss Bar is would be a great solution and would be more clear to players. I also like the suggestion of moving it to the scoreboard, but I do see one minor flaw which would be the character limit of certain words. Adding longer words to the scoreboard such as "salt and pepper" would offset the scoreboard and would look a bit odd, so I'm definitely in favor of moving it to the Boss Bar if it were to be changed.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  10. Everyone else has covered the big long replies for me, so I think I’ll just throw the summary of my opinion into the mix:

please for the love of god move the hints to the top of the screen

Currently unless you make your chat comically small, any word bigger than 6/7 letters has enough of the hints blocked out that you have to waste time double checking how long the word is, since you can’t actually see for certain.

Definitely +1 to this.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    clashvalley and nolawn like this.
  11. Hello there!

I have to agree with this idea! I see that other people have been saying something about the chat size, but for me personally that isn't why it is somewhat annoying. When the word first comes up and I am trying to count the space, depending on the map the lines can sometimes just blend in too much with the background for me to see them clearly! (For example Desert). The idea of moving it to the Boss Bar location sounds amazing and I think it would improve the experience for a lot of players. If not, perhaps we could change the color of the spaces to black so it is bolder and easier to see on the maps where it usually blends in.

Thanks for the suggestion, +1!

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  12. I agree it can be difficult to read the hint sometimes and it is critical for gameplay. Luckily Game Insights has approved the idea of moving the hint location. They want to swap the location of the time and the location of the hint. I will be marking this thread as "Processed" however I will leave it open for further discussion. Thanks for writing this thread. If you have any further ideas feel free to write another one.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    Nimbus, Fall and clashvalley like this.
  13. Thank you for taking time to reply

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 17, 2020
    Fall likes this.