• 1451 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9889 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Draw My Thing, all the many problems and how to fix them.

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by beanowonotanuwu, May 12, 2019.

1. Hello, I am here today to speak with the Draw My Thing community about the many many problems that revolve around this glorious game and how I would fix them.
    Problem 1 - Inappropriate Drawings
    Solution - Harsher punishments. The current punishment for drawing an inappropriate image and getting caught is a either being banned for a severity 1 gameplay offense or being issued a warning. My suggestion is to ban the user without a warning.
    Problem 2 - The "Casual" aspect of DMT being lost
    Solution - At some times, Draw My Thing can feel less casual and more unfair due to more experienced players being in the lobby. I propose that there be a selection of word choices which others have already elaborated on and you can find one of those other threads here. However, my suggestion differs from other's ideas since I propose that pop culture references are removed as a whole for word choices. For example, not everyone knows what a Snorlax looks like.
    Problem 3 - Teaming
    Solution - Honestly, this is most likely the most prominent problem Draw My Thing players face; however, I believe teaming has died down due to Draw My Thing having typically around 10 players average in the morning and about 30-50 players in the afternoon to night time. Nonetheless, teaming is still relevant, and I advocate for parties to be unable to queue into Draw My Thing. This change will prevent Stat Boosting and a majority of teamers.
    Problem 4 - Players Chat Trolling or Gameplay Trolling
    Solution - The issue of players typing the word in chat or the drawer writing the word or most of the word out on the board only really has one solution, and that is to report the user here.

Posted May 12, 2019
  2. 1) I dont think that the punishments need to be harsher because the enforcer who punishes them has the choice to warn them or not. Usually since reports are not immediately dealt with for that in game I'm guessing they don't issue a late warn.

2)
    I'm not sure where to stand on this. It's a game of skill like any other so having to compete with better players is a given. There's no game that will have completely inexperienced players. My solution is to just play and compete with them to get better, it doesn't need an entire mode. Also who's to say people won't go in the easy mode anyway just to win

3)
    This is a bit of a problem which is annoying but just really report them asap. Staff Request would be great for that or just filming when one draws and how fast the other one guesses.

4)
    Well it seems like you already have a common solution of reporting so idk what to put here

Posted May 12, 2019
  3. I can totally see your point to creating this thread and when I watched my sister play I saw some of the same things. Although you do have good solutions I feel that you should express your reasoning why the punishment should be that way. Such as problem 1 when you say "My suggestion is to ban the user without a warning" I would like to know why in your opinion that should be the punishment. I also feel that some of your solutions are a little too unfair such as problem 1 and 2. In Problem 1 you say that the punishment should be a ban without warning. I understand that this goes against the rules but banning players without a warning wouldn't truly be fair.
    For problem 2 I think it's fine. If you make the topics easier then the whole difficulty point of DMT would be pointless. In conclusion I don't think your post is bad or wrong in any type of way, I think you should just think about it a little bit more.

Posted May 12, 2019
  4. Oh, I very much agree that Draw My Thing is in sore need of an update. I'm not too certain if we'd match in how to fix these issues, however.

Issue 1
    Yeah actually that sounds pretty good.
    Another thing that could be done, given dev power, would be a way to directly report the drawer. The system I envision would let players save the current board, word, and name of drawer, and then file it somewhere where certain staff members can view it and deem it sufficient or not.
    Would certainly make people more scared to draw inappropriate things, if reports were much less complicated than via forums.
    Abuse of the feature would lead to the player in question losing access to this feature.

Issue #2
    Solved by bringing back the Selector kit, which was removed in the last update for unknown reasons. Please bring it back @Mineplex

Issue III
    With the current queueing system, it's easy for groups of players to join the same game, party or no.
    Wouldn't do much for hardcore teamers, and would discourage legitimate parties from playing together. Not really a fan of this one. There's not much that can be done about teaming, unfortunately.

Issue the Fourth
    Partially solved with a reporting system

Posted May 12, 2019
  5. I will respond to your solution by their respective number.

1. I agree that this is a problem but your solution is not the best. That is a common mistake due to immaturity in which we have all been through before. I feel like being given a ban which restricts the user from even entering the server without warning is a little harsh. Most reports are not responded to immediately so to ensure players are drawing appropriately, FRs should be able to give warnings. From the reporter's perspective, it gets a little frustrating when their report is denied for "not enough instances" while the offender would receive a warning if they did the same exact thing when mods were present. Mineplex should try to find a way to make the warning appear in the player's chat the next time they log in so they know their mistake.

2. This one is very plausible. From your given example, yes, not everyone is familiar with Pokemon and will have no idea what they look like. Draw My Thing is a mini-game on a Minecraft server and players should not be expected to know anything about pop cultures.

3. Your solution will not prevent teaming completely but it will help reduce. Partying is one way to team but some people get in calls (Discord, Skype, etc) which is not punishable because you cannot get 100% evidence of that.

4. Mineplex cannot really do much about that. The solution you provided is stand-alone.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 12, 2019
  6. 1. Inappropriate drawings are sometimes funny, I think it should only be punishable if the drawing sucks and is taking the fun out the game.

2. I think there should be thousands more words in the game. It would change high-level play a lot, but I think it would be more fun without being able to memorise a tiny collection of words for each word length.

3. Teaming is obvious to good DMT players, but tough to prove to Mineplex staff. I think teaming should just be allowed, and you should just deal with it.

4. Yeah I agree, writing the word out sucks, the player should be permanently banned for ruining the game like this. If they don't know what the word is (common with stuff like "snorlax") I think the game should actually let drawers have an option to click: "I don't know the word".

Posted May 13, 2019