• 452 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3031 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dragon Escape Through Hell World Record (48.515)

Discussion in 'Dragon Escape' started by UmNick, Jan 7, 2020.

1. I was just looking around and noticed not many people post there runs on this thread usually just on youtube. Anyways this is a video showing all the best shortcuts on the map (Through Hell). This run is also the current world record and hasn't been beaten for quite awhile. A lot of the leaps are quite difficult but I figured I might as well show it :D. I hope you enjoy the video!!!

All world record runs must be submitted to https://www.speedrun.com/Dragon_Escape in order to verify the time.

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  2. Hey!
    That's really impressive and I'm amazed you beat it as fast as you did. When I play Dragon Escape on Through Hell I find it rather difficult to save my leaps for when you come out of the lava tunnel which is usually when you need them the most. I always slip up on the jump right before the huge set of stairs and I usually around 50% of the time fall into the lava. Anyway like I sad that's very impressive and I would love to see more speed runs done by you in the future!

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    UmNick likes this.
  3. Congratulations on setting the record! Hell has always been a challenging map for me. I’ve won games on the map before, but it’s one of the few maps I haven’t been able to actually finish. Typically I used the warper kit on this map since I tend to mess up on some of the jumps, but I might switch to jumper after watching this. I’m never able to get past the part where you have to jump into the water.
    Great video as well, the leaps seem hard, it was definitely impressive! I also liked the background music.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    UmNick likes this.
  4. Hey!

Congratulations on setting a new record on such an iconic map! This map has been around for as long as I remember, and I really like to give it a shot when I play Dragon Escape. It must have been very challenging to try and set a new record on this map, and in general on Dragon Escape. I have never been that good at the game before, and although I like the game because it's fun, I do not have that much experience with the game so I barely win, or even get in the top three. Anyways, very good job to you for achieving this, you never know, maybe you could beat the record on some more maps in the future! :)

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  5. Coming from an old Dragon Escape player, I must admit that I was shookeeeth when I saw that third leap. My initial thought was "unbelievable!". Then I saw your fourth leap as well and it just looked so smooth. Cudos to you for having such a smooth run, I can relate to that feeling on a personal level.

Congratulations on your well-kept world record!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Im_Ken and UmNick like this.
  6. Well done on holding the record! I can't be the only one who remembers watching DanTDM try to navigate this map; I think I used to become more frustrated than him if he fell in the lava! Through Hell was always one of the few that challenged me back in the day, as well as Pirate Bay. It wasn't even bad timing on my part that led to failing random jumps, there would always be one or two jumps in particular that I'd never make it past. I'd try to take shortcuts (often led to me being killed instantly) and trying to overcome it with weird maneuvers that really can't be considered parkour. Through Hell was one of those maps that gave way to this, so believe me when I say I'm very impressed!

The video itself is of very good quality and it gave some good insight into the map. I can safely tell 12-year-old me that the jumps aren't actually impossible, as I thought on multiple occasions. Maybe with some of these tips I might find myself landing on the next block rather than re-visiting the lava!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    UmNick likes this.
  7. Congratulations from a Dragon Escape speedrunner that has been around since 2014, Nick!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Im_Ken, UmNick and Tobias like this.
  8. The third jump isnt possible anymore D:

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    FluteVegetables, Im_Ken and Xukuwu like this.
  9. Heyy!

Great job on keeping the record! I’m sure it’s quite hard to keep the record for that long as dragon escape as a game overall is quite competitive and I know a bunch of people that play it competitively. Plus I’d like to point out, your leaps were really smooth and on point. I can’t wait to see your other videos, keep it up!

-Dac

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    UmNick likes this.
  10. Lol, I like dragon run, but I like newts more

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    UmNick likes this.
  11. thanks :)) i’ve been around since 2014 too!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 8, 2020
  12. hey cerns the third jump actually is possible and i do it every day. You need to have enough momentum jumping off of the block before you go for the leap. secondly you need to leap quite late or else there’s a barrier. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 8, 2020
  13. Congratulations!

I love Dragon Escape. It's definitely been one of my most played games recently. It's super cool to see you have achieved this record. Through Hell is definitely one of my favourite maps as well.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    UmNick likes this.
  14. Hey!

Wow, congratulations! This is actually pretty cool, this is definitely something I couldn't do, haha. Once again, congratulations! :D

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  15. I remember being addicted to that website and watching all of the speedruns, and I remember seeing you get that record. Congratulations on it! Something that looks interesting about that run is that when you jumped around the fences to make that third leap, you weren't quite touching where the black datapoints on those 2-3 jumps farthest to your left were (those are the things that kill you if you end up skipping too many). There's a much simpler leap that it looks like you could've taken if there really aren't many black datapoints in that area to your right before you turned to leap around the fences. It kills you when you try to do it from an area that currently doesn't kill you (running too close to the fence on the platform will kill you, and will never be able to be fixed since the map is hardcoded. My thought is that if that issue was hypothetically fixed and you were able to adequitely leap from that platform right instead of jumping left around it, it could potentially shave off like 3-4 seconds off of that time, which is really significant. Regardless, huge congrats once again!

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  16. Heyo!

Congrats! That's super impressive that you got the World Record for such a classic and old map! You did some leaps I've never seen like the one near the end when you went to the left and leaped to the side. Anyway, excellent run, I wish I was that good at parkour! Huge congrats!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  17. Congrats!

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  18. Congrats Nick! I've seen you around in a few Dragon Escape games and you are certainly an impressive player. I think what makes this achievement even more impressive is how old the map is and how many people have tried to compete for the world record. Well done, you should be proud of yourself!

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  19. Hey,

That was actually really impressive! I'm kinda surprised that the map can actually be beaten in that short of a time. I've never personally tried to map out the best routes on the DE maps, but looking at how quickly you beat this map I'm starting to think I should!

Well done :)

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  20. teach me your WAYS

Posted Jan 21, 2020