• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11854 Players Online
  • 8964 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dragon Escape: Fen Leaper World Record (1:03.229)

Discussion in 'Dragon Escape' started by Paris_Labrador, May 31, 2020.

1. I just got this speedrun for the new Dragon Escape map Fen which is currently the world record time. I noticed that most people don't post their speedruns on here but I thought it would be a good idea to do so. The first leap I do is extremely difficult though it really pays off if you can make it, the others are pretty simple but shouldn't be taken for granted. Anyways, hopefully this video helps you learn some strats that you might not know, and if you are a speedrunner good luck beating it :D

If you are curious about other speedruns, whether it's on another map or another kit, you can see any record you'd like on this website: speedrun.com/Dragon_Escape The moderators update this site every couple of days with new speedruns.

Posted May 31, 2020
  2. Hey @Paris_Labrador, nice run! That first leap (NexJ) is so hard, I have tried it myself several times and I think it is safe to say it is one of the hardest, if not THE hardest leap on Dragon Escape. Anyways, other than that, your run was really good, and cannot see too much room for improvement; however, this does not mean I will not be trying to beat it ;). Keep getting good runs man! I also think posting speed runs on the forums is a great idea of promoting Dragon Escape and communicating with other DE members!

Posted May 31, 2020
  3. Not bad haha. I never knew whether jumping onto the granite blocks at 00:30 was faster than just running along the ground or not so that's really cool to find out.

I don't understand how all you speedrunner people even do that one lmao. I assume you could do a destructor run and make that a lot easier though? That might be cool to try out.

+1 on that. This Dragon Escape subforum is practically dead and these speedruns are really cool to watch and learn from :).

Posted May 31, 2020
    Paris_Labrador, NRCA and Im_Ken like this.
  4. @Xukuwu with disruptor it's definitely easier but still pretty hard, I think it's basically the same leap as the 2nd WR leap on Sandstorm but 1 block further or something like that. Also jumping on the granite is further distance and for me at least compromises my headhits under the tree so I never do that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  5. I remember when this game was available to everyone, but it's gone ... I also like your video... I'm talking about Bedrock

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    ✿ Baͥsiͣcͫ ✿ likes this.
  6. Wow, that was pretty impressive!

The first leap looks hard to make, but you made it look so easy, haha. I didn't know of that first leap, but I can guarantee you I will definitely be trying it out sometime :)
    Perhaps you can make a montage of leaps and cool moments in Dragon Escape and post it in the Youtube video Showcase?
    I'm sure others would love to see it too!

https://www.mineplex.com/forums/youtube-video-showcase.56/

Posted Jul 8, 2020
  7. I made leap tutorials of the Skylands and Through Hell leaps back on my channel around 2016, if I manage to find the time to do a leap montage I definitely will though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  8. Congratulations!

This was super impressive to watch and I learned about that first skip! I've always leaped a bit earlier but this looks like it will be significantly faster. Going to go practice that soon :)

I remember seeing your name before on the leaderboards, what map do you plan on working on next, if any?

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    shipsahoy | Shipsa likes this.
  9. Thank you! I just worked on a new route for Birch Falls and got a run with it, I'm going to be posting it later on but I got a lagback in the middle of the run so I can definitely go faster though.

Ancient Clash has a pretty weird route and I think there's time to be found there so I may try and improve that. Same for Poseidon's Realm. Both of those maps I'd like to try and optimize in the near future.

Also for the first leap, I never risk it in public lobbies because it's a 1/5 success rate for me and it's really only worth it if I'm trying to break the record. If you can learn it though you can pretty much gain half a second or more right at the beginning and see your times start dropping quickly!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2020
  10. Helloooo

I remember seeing this a while ago and meaning to comment on it, but never got around to it. After finding it again, I wanted to express to you my original thoughts. I had no clue about many of the skips, and I believe your video helped me out immensely in learning how to overall play Dragon Escape and Fen better. It's very impressive how you accomplished this and broke a world record! I would be ecstatic to see more videos like this, perhaps on different maps because it really helps out newer players to the game. I know it must have took you a ton of time to practice getting this perfect, and I just want to applaud you for your efforts. Keep up the great work and good luck for the future! Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    Paris_Labrador likes this.
  11. the reason the first leap is hard to make is because it's impossible if you don't have high ping (notice paris had 250+ through whole run) also hi paris whats good my guy

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  12. Time to carefully analyse these leaps and try to get faster at Fen B)

This is unreal, would definitely like to see more- especially on Poseidon's Realm, considering I so rarely see people even finish that map when playing. It's truly impressive how smooth your runs appear, not surprised you've made the leaderboard at all.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  13. This is so amazing to me because I am probably one of the worst Dragon Escape players ever... I don’t even think I’ve completed a map before and I’ve only won a couple of times. To see that you’ve completed this in a record breaking amount of time is so impressive and I just wanted to say congratulations and nice work :)

Posted Aug 6, 2020