• 1914 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10352 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Draft Mode

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by _Prof_, Sep 4, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. -1

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Throughout my time playing team games (at least 4 or more per team), I have noticed that those in parties often dominate. Players have complained about this issue and there is not really much Mineplex can change to fix it. This is why I am introducing a new game mode for some games, Draft. The games this will apply to are Micro Battles, Turf Wars, Super Paintball, Cake Wars, The Bridges, Minestrike, Capture The Flag, and Domination.

Each team will start with one indiscriminately assigned player to select team members. The order (ie. blue, green, red, yellow) team selects members will also be random, and the loop will stay intact throughout the drafting process. Two names appear on the screen for each player selecting teammates, and only their username. Parties will not be queued for the same team in this mode, and to add that extra bit of parity, player stats and ranks are not viewable during the draft. The chat will also be silenced during this process. There will be a 3-second limit to picking teammates so players cannot troll everyone else by increasing the wait. A random player will be selected by the system once the time is up. An extra D will be added to the servers’s letter combination name (ie. BRD-#).

Posted Sep 4, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 4, 2019
  2. Sounds like a great way to make it so parties of pros can’t easily win team games

Posted Sep 4, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. I like the thought you put into this idea however I'm 100% against it. The reason parties are a thing is so players can play with their friends and be guaranteed to be on their team. If we implemented this it would take that away and we would get tons of backlash from the community because parties would become almost useless in those games. The next point I want to address is if you're talking about a different game mode where you can select draft mode as an option that will not work either because new game mode ideas have already been denied for most games due to us not wanting to split the games community across different game modes. Like I said I do like the thought you put into this idea I just don't see it working out and being implemented.
    -1 from me :/

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  4. I mean, people usually play with friends in order to avoid playing alone(This is my case, anyway, I don't enjoy playing team games like CW alone). That way they can have the teamwork needed with a team game. Having a draft like this would defeat that purpose. Obviously you can still play by yourself and that's totally fine, it's just a draft thing like you suggested would be really extra and not really necessary. Plus, it would split the community even more. To me what matter is having fun, it doesn't matter if you lose a lot as sometimes can happen if you're not playing with a few people who know what they're doing. Plus, creating something like this would be extra work for something that would just end up splitting the community even more. This is just my opinion, though, and I know not everyone will agree. However, giving this a -1. Thank you for your suggestion, though!

Posted Sep 10, 2019
    Sven likes this.
  5. Hey!

I kind of like this idea. It makes sense and I totally understand it, but there are some problems. People play in a party to play with their friends, and to make sure they are on the same team (if they want to be), like some has stated above. But, the people who don’t like parties could play this while the people with a party can play the normal version of the game. This way is also a way to make new friends which is always nice. But, you could always play single player games on Mineplex if you’re tired of these parties. So that’s why there really is no reason for it to be added. Like @Bunni stated, it would split up the community/games on Mineplex and eventually mess it up in a way. So I guess there are some good things and bad things that come out from this. I give it a 0 since i’m neither with or against the idea. Thank you for suggesting this though!

Posted Sep 10, 2019
    Bunni and _Prof_ like this.
  6. While the concept is there and the idea is 100% with good intentions, you can't really go against pro players who win the games a lot. I'm sorry but that mechanic is just life, you sometimes get outmatched in things and when players get good at CW it's not fair to separate them from teammates, I have been playing with a pro team, although I win lots of the time I lose some games, certainly to players that aren't in parties sometimes. It's completely possible.

In my opinion, this is a good idea but it ruins the idea of parties and playing with your friends so I'd have to -1 if, thanks for the idea though!​

Posted Sep 10, 2019
    sesses likes this.
  7. I think this would be a pretty cool addition to the game and it would eliminate the problem of pro parties, however, I just have concerns that the lobbies may not fill up very fast. Players love playing with their friends, and preferably they like to be on the same team as their friends. With this gamemode, there is no guarantee that you or your friend will be on the same team. I feel like this mode is made for solo players only, which unfortunately is a minority on Mineplex. I think it's a cool idea to eliminate pro parties but I don't think there would be many players willing to play it. -1

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  8. Heya! I definitely see where you're coming from. I do not particularly think it's fun when there's a team of legit pros going against people who may not be so accustomed to the game. With that being said, Mineplex is partly successful because it allows users to play with their friends and our party system allows grants that ability to have these fun experiences with our friends. To suggest an alternative this element is disrupted I think isn't a good idea.

I agree with @Bunni when she says that she doesn't usually play team-based games alone or with people she does not know and I am exactly the same. If anything, playing against pros provides the opportunity for the less-experienced players to learn from first-hand the starts and tactics the pros use to win. It's how I got better in Super Smash Mobs. So I am not for this idea but I do understand where you come from.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  9. Hey!

People use the party feature is to play with their friends. And obviously, if 4 friends like playing with each other and they're just getting better and better. It's going to be annoying to other players to only lose if they aren't able to compete at the same level. When you play with the same people for many many hours, you learn their playstyle and makes up for the ultimate kind of teamwork. Therefore, I don't think this mode would be used by the higher-skilled players. Practice and teamwork are often what's needed to dominate in a team-game mode.

I think implementing this would split the community. And it would not an interest for the more experienced teams. A -1 from me.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  10. I know its very annoying when theres pros partying against normal players, and it isn't much balancing.
    Even if this was optional, it would split up the playerbase.

sorry but -1

Posted Sep 10, 2019