• 107 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2007 Players Online
  • 1900 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Doxxing in PB

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by Axtroxx, Apr 10, 2022.

?

Should we ban doxxers?

1. Yes

81.8%
  2. No

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wanted to make a thread about an ongoing problem in the Super Paintball community.

A large portion of this community has been doxxing - such as ip logging or leaking addresses - to see players' locations. This gives the doxxers a significantly large advantage over other players. They sit behind screens and dox anyone who makes them mad, making the game completely unfair for experienced players and causing casual & new players to leave after getting doxxed over and over. As of right now, virtually nothing can be done to punish them, and after speaking with multiple staff members, I was continuously told "there'd be too many false bans."

Let me explain why this isn't a valid argument.

There might be false bans if the staff member in question doesn't know anything about paintball. However, considering how blatant most of the doxxers are, anyone with common sense can tell if they're doxxing; at most, there'd be a 1% chance of it being a false ban. And even if normal players were to get unfairly banned, they can always appeal.
    The appeal system makes the argument that there'd be too many false bans invalid.

List of people that have doxxed in PB : -snip- (feel free to ban any of these players)

Posted Apr 10, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 10, 2022
  2. DOXXING in the SPB community. They need to get perma-banned.

Posted Apr 10, 2022
  3. Just to let you know they can be punished. Anytime you come across someone doxxing someone else, make a /report on them just in case there is anyone online able to sort it quickly and ALWAYS make a forum report at mineplex.com/reports (follow the report guide at mineplex.com/report-guide too). For a doxxing forum report as it is a chat offense all you need it a screenshot, simply upload it to a website like imgur and paste the link into the report form - takes 5 min roughly and will greatly help eradicate the problem as the reports will most definitely get answered.

The first doxxing/revealing permanent information mute is permanenent. Malicious threat punishments (so, threatening to dox someone) are similar - the first is 30 days given they have no other mutes and second is permanenent.

If you have a player that does this and then goes on alt accounts to do the same, you can report the player and all of their alt accounts with evidence on the forums, and also send the names to a staff member like me to forward for an admin for an IP check and potential Network Ban (permanent ban from all platforms on all linked alt accounts)...so technically speaking, they can get banned already. Doxxing is horrible and we do not want an environment where it is prominent.

Posted Apr 10, 2022
    Ozammor / Yato likes this.
  4. WHO ARE VOTING NO TO BAN DOXXERS????

Posted Apr 10, 2022
    Nerfguns3 likes this.
  5. Two questions here

1. How would having someone's IP or location directly give any type of advantage in game?
    2. How is it possible to get someone's IP with only a Minecraft username?

It is YOUR responsibility to protect your personal information. Yes, doxxing is disgusting and is absolutely never ok, but I can't see any way this has anything to do with a specific gamemode on a specific Minecraft server, unless there was some update I'm not aware of where the person with the lowest ping wins by default. Just report the rule breaker and move on.

Posted Apr 10, 2022
    JFEnder likes this.
  6. Wasn't there a Java exploit a few months back that was used to steal people's information?

Posted Apr 10, 2022
  7. Are you talking about log4j or something like that. That affected everything that used the Java code base and allowed people to steal info.

Posted Apr 10, 2022
  8. This is a perfect response and I don't think I could add anything extra to this. Reporting these people can help us ban them from the network as there is no place for this on Mineplex. We don't have eyes everywhere and at all times so if you see this happening then please, please report it so we can keep people safe.

With that being said, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread as there isn't any further constructive discussion needed here as a response to your query has been given.

Thread locked ~ Concern Addressed

Posted Apr 12, 2022
    Nuclear™ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.