• 1191 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9571 Players Online
  • 8380 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Downsize.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by joshbet9, Sep 27, 2020.

1. With Mineplex's constantly criticised development team, it's clear that even with the purge of 2018 and current mismanagement of Bedrock's minigames that there's too much demand and not enough supply. I think Mineplex needs to communicate with its community a need to downsize and run polls and discussions on how that action should be taken. Of course a downsize wouldn't be needed if developers would be hired but by now we can see that's not happening. Communities such as Clans, Champions and SSM have been waiting for too long for quality updates. This is no fault of the development team, there's too much to do when considering other priorities. The reason why past downsizing has been interpreted badly by community members is due to the lack of communication and the feeling that they were rash decisions.

If Mineplex wants to be a successful server on both Bedrock and Java with its clear development flaws decisions need to be made with advisory roles given to prominent staff and community members, Game Insights and forum polls/discussions.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  2. Hey!

I strongly agree. I think the community should become more close in contact with the development team in order for them to hear what we think about certain updates and quality game changes. I really like the way you worded this too, making sure you were giving constructive criticism instead of complaining and not offering any advice in return.

This is definitely a +1 for me and I hope the staff team takes this post into consideration.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    syrenical likes this.
  3. I agree that Mineplex should has more transparency with its community. Currently, there isn't much communication between the players and higher-ups, so players often have minimal influence on what is updated next, so games that people want updated, such as SSM, and Champions, will only be updated when the higher-ups want. I think it would be beneficial to the server if the players had more say on what was updated, so the games that need updates will be prioritized over the ones that don't.

For your second idea on downsizing the server, I disagree with. I feel if we were to get rid of any more games at this point, it would just hurt the server. For example, an idea I've seen get thrown around a lot is deleting Clans. If Clans actually was to be deleted, what would happen is that the players who enjoy Clans, would likely quit the server. Because of Mineplex lower player count, every player matters. We can't risk loosing any more players, because not nearly as many new players are coming to the server, so there might not be enough players to replace the ones who have left.

Your statement about developers not being hired is false. In the past several months, we have seen 3 developers be re-hired, it is definitely possible we could see some more devs return, and there is always a chance for developers to discover Mineplex. I think if we are patient more developers will be hired, and we will see updates happen more frequently, and if the dev team is more transparent about updates, I could definitely see Mineplex start to grow again.

Overall, +1 to your idea for more transparency, but -1 for your idea on downsizing the server.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  4. Hello!

I can totally see where you're coming from since I was a community member not too long ago, but there are a lot of behind the scenes stuff that you do not know about and I didn't until I became a staff member. Not all staff members have close, let alone any contact with the development team. Developers are told what to do by the leadership team and they are hired by the owner's choice. Yes, we can all hope for the best when it comes to adding new games or giving updates to older ones but it's not our choice unless they're doing a community vote. The staff team does their best to listen to the community and are doing polls/votings in most of the many discord servers. They're always putting new ideas in discussion and sending it over to a higher up. I feel as if a lot of community members don't know what's happening behind the scenes on the staff team and don't know who's involved in what.

I hope I cleared some things up. :)

Posted Sep 27, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 29, 2020
    Drizzerd and Young_Inventor like this.
  5. I strongly agree with you, the server has been on a decline for a while now. I believe that either downsizing or hiring more developers could definitely improve the player base, I think that if there were to be more updates then the server could have a chance to regaining its player base.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    spookyanika likes this.