• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6989 Players Online
  • 4099 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Double XP Weekend

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Defactorial, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please do a double xp weekend. It's been months since the last one. I figure one every 3 months isn't too overpowered.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    161iq, Disgruntle and Laylq like this.
  2. With school starting soon, I think double XP should be brought back one more time until most of the players go back to school. The last double XP I believe was around March so now would not be overpowered. Usually Mineplex does double XP during Holidays.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  3. Oh my, good idea!

This is pretty neat, I forgot about these to be honest until you made a post about it. Yeah these are very nice and useful! It gets players to play more and be active! I definitely would love to see and grind these if it were to come back. I don't think it's overpowered either to bring this back. So I feel like I have some ideas that can be interesting to have this idea implemented and not just go away.

-One time thing for back to school double exp weekend
    -Once a month double exp weekend
    -Only on special occasions double exp weekend (new years, christmas, thanksgiving, fourth of july, spring break, summer kick off, halloween, excetera)

These are just examples and I feel like every three months is too long, and won't draw attention. This is a great opportunity to have a good time for players to have fun and grind exp with friends. Even growth perhaps for the server. Thank you for suggesting, I wish you luck with this!
    <3

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  4. I think a month of double xp was enough

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Caoa, Lila, Xukuwu and 3 others like this.
  5. That was also like 4-5 months ago, and one weekend of double experience isn't going to kill anyone.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  6. I think this would be an excellent way to incentivize players to come and play on the server for a little bit, and grind out and get some xp to level up. I definitely support this idea coming back! +1

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  7. no.

and no, double xp is too good

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    BlueFlash and JAKE/// like this.
  8. what if you just got your xp legit like the rest of us

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Lila, Xukuwu and BlueFlash like this.
  9. Totally onboard with this idea.

Most of the current level 100s had double xp weekends to get there too, I don't see any reason why these can't be added for players who also want to get there. The level cap should just be removed imo instead of limiting double xp weekends to make less people reach level 100.

These weekends are usually positive for the server as they boost the player count considerably, so it would be a good idea to add them in my opinion.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Unforgetfulll and Breezily. like this.
  10. I'm not sure how I feel about a double xp weekend every month, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing another one sometime soon. Like @Numatics said, this could be done as a "back to school" kind of thing, as there will be some people that won't be able to play on the server as regularly once school opens, so a double xp weekend before then would allow them to make the most of it.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  11. its not something that is supposed to happen often

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Caoa and JAKE/// like this.
  12. More double XP events would probably always be welcome by players, however we need to ensure that they aren't too often. At the end of the day, they are rare events which usually celebrate something such as the winter holidays. If we put an exact number of the number of months between double xp events, then it makes them lose their special value. Although it would be nice to know exactly when they are, it makes a nice surprise for players and is an extra opportunity for some additional marketing which can increase the player count.

Back to school season would definitely be a great opportunity for an XP event and so it would be great to see one of these in the next few weeks!

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Laylq likes this.
  13. Yeah, I think double XP events should be only kept for the most special occasions, usually for the winter holidays. While I know everyone (most people anyway) would enjoy having double XP each month, it would make leveling up way, WAY easier. The levels wouldn't just be worth the same value as they have been before, seeing what kind of events we went through in the past already that allowed players to easily level up (The recent double XP event that lasted almost one month, Area 51 game, etc).

Immortals also get double XP boosters that allow them to enable double XP for the next 24 hours each month so that's something to keep in mind as well.

In the end, there will be that side of players who would welcome this by open hands and then the other side who would disagree with having a double XP event happen once each month. But like I said above, I think it's for the best if we keep it for holidays as that's when players can get the best out of it since they don't have school and are usually at their homes all of the time.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Laylq, Lila, Xukuwu and 1 other person like this.
  14. I think removing the player level cap could definitely be very interesting and fun for the current level 100s, and you're probably right I'm sure they've experienced a double xp weekend so why can't the newer players.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Unforgetfulll and Disgruntle like this.
  15. Also we should give everyone x10 xp boosters and bring area 51 back with x4 xp than before.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  16. ik this is a joke but at that rate it would take about 5.3 hours to go from level 0-100

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Breezily. and xGetRekted like this.
  17. Yeah considering some players got enough exp from one week of a51 to get from level 0-80+. Would be intresting to see how exp people could get with x10exp boosters lol.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Unforgetfulll likes this.
  18. I think that having occasional double xp weekends would be a fun addition that I think players would greatly appreciate. I feel like it wouldn’t be too op. I also think it may give a new incentive to getting to that level 100 mark, which I hope to achieve someday. Thanks for making this post, I think that your idea has some promise!

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  19. I think there needs to be a schedule showing when double xp is coming. It's a very rare occasion that we get it, and when we do its usually for holidays or an event. I feel that once every 3 months wouldn't be bad but who knows, maybe its too much. I just believe that it should happen more often.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  20. Hey there!
    Double XP is certainly a favorite time for everyone to rejoice in playing games, challenging each other and leveling up quickly. I think it's definitely an awesome experience. Although we don't have any scheduled, you should expect there to be double XP in the future, and we'll for sure be putting it out there as frequently. It wouldn't hurt to make more in the future for sure, and if I were you, I'd just keep a look out at the announcements! Thanks for taking your time to suggest this, hope you have a great day!

- Thread Locked, processed.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.