• 308 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1599 Players Online
  • 1291 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Double XP Week/Weekends

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Arjun, May 9, 2019.

?

What do you all think about Double XP?

1. Yes for double xp, often.

2. Yes for double xp, not often.

3. Have it as is at the moment.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I think what @Arjun was suggesting that we only have double XP weekends once per month, not every weekend. I agree that there shouldn't be double XP weekends every week, but definitely at least once a month.

Posted May 13, 2019
  2. Hello,
    I am definitely a fan of double XP weekends and think it is a great opportunity for players to gain levels quicker while they have spare time to play. I 100% agree that we should have this feature more often, and not just on super special events, however, I do not think having it every weekend would be the best option. It would become a normal occurrence if it was regular to have it this often. Thanks for the idea, and its a +1 from me!

Posted May 14, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  3. Hey,

Double XP weekends were great, but implementing once or twice a month would be much better. It was a great concept, but as everyone is discussing, it shouldn't be every week. Once a month would be fine, but I think there should be two. Perhaps one in the middle of the month, and one at the end? It's a definite +1.

Posted May 14, 2019
  4. It would be kind of overpowered if we had double xp every weekend, and would be very easy to get to level 100 if we had it every week, but I would like to see it maybe every month or so. Therefore it's not so overpowered, but people that play during that time can get more experience than usual. I would also like it if it were like game amplifier that only lasted for like an hour, it would be more fair.

So i'm on the board here, I'll give this a 0.

Posted May 14, 2019
  5. It's definitely understandable why having double exp would increase the number of players we get on the weekend, but I don't agree with having it every weekend. With level rewards now being a thing, getting double exp that often would probably be shot down very quickly. I would suggest having them monthly instead so it's not that insane.

Like you've stated, presenting double experience every month would encourage players who are dedicated to leveling up. We could get a good player boost for that, and I also think its fair considering people grind pretty hard all the time and having double exp would be an ease.

I like the idea a lot, but honestly, I don't know if this would ever become a thing. Even having it monthly is pretty risky. The reason why double exp is decided by marketing is that level reward includes shards and chest which is what marketing focuses on. So to them, getting level rewards pretty quickly would be a bad thing. I like this idea though and I hope in the future we can have something like this. +1

Posted May 15, 2019
  6. Hello humans

I saw this idea and I really love its concept. Having a nice fun event and a easy way to level up would be nice. I feel like have one Double XP week once every 1-2 months could be cool. I think this event should be kept special. Like other suggestions stated above I agree with not having this every week or weekend.

Posted May 19, 2019 at 12:00 AM
  7. Hello!

Personally, I actually don't agree with having more double exp. weekends. While it's easy to understand why the community loves it, by making levels and exp. more accessible it also becomes less valuable and monumental. Right now, people get super excited about double exp. because it's so seldom, and taking away it's rarity feels like it would only depreciate its value as a marketing tool. What's next?: Double gems, shards, or even triple exp.?

That being said, however, I definitely see the appeal in what this thread is arguing. I'd like to see double exp being applied to new/overhauled/featured games; it would be a great way to direct and emphasize player interest on network content and reward players for participating in events; perhaps even allowing players to reap double experience from EVENT-1 Minigames would be a great way to encourage community involvement.

Tl;Dr: Don't agree with more double exp. necessarily, maybe use it for events or updates.

Posted May 19, 2019 at 12:49 AM
  8. There used to be this one thing called double exp weekend whenever specific holidays would happen, like Christmas, Easter etc. I have no idea why this has been dropped, but as you can clearly tell, plenty of people have quit the server. This is such a nice way to promote the server and have more players join whenever this happens, and I can’t understand why marketing hasn’t decided on anything of this kind... They probably cannot see the importance of keeping people attracted to the server.
    I’m not necessarily agreeing with making it a monthly thing, but at least during holidays.. that would make sense.

Posted May 19, 2019 at 2:36 AM
    cerns likes this.
  9. I kinda agree with cora here!

If it was monthly, it wouldn't make them a special events. However, double experience during holidays works best imo. I believe we had one for Christmas, one for Mineplex 5 years and maybe one for Halloween last year? I can't really remember but there weren't much for sure.

There's definitely a lot more opportunities to have a double experience weekend: during Easter, St Patrick, US National Day... or even this weekend here as it would have been the perfect opportunity to celebrate Minecraft 10th anniversary (instead/in addition to only posting a photo of cakes in a lobby on twitter).

Anyway it seems like on a marketing point of view, xp weekends during holidays make sense too! What's better than encouraging people to play on the server when you're selling a lot of brand new chests in the shop!

Anyway, I'm very much agreeing to see these events pop up more regularly, but not too frequently! :)

Posted May 19, 2019 at 5:15 AM
    coralines likes this.
  10. Heyo!

It's been a while since a double XP weekend has happened I think it would be cool if we could get some more often.

Posted May 19, 2019 at 6:11 AM
  11. While I completely agree that double EXP should not be played every weekend as @EmmaLie has said, I feel like we could definitely bring it on more often and make it more of a big deal. Maybe every 3 weeks or every monthly weekend, I think we can also do big things on the weekend, like small simple changes or special events that happen to draw more players onto the server. Definitely tell me you guys' thoughts because this might be a good way to get the server more busy during weekend hours!​

Posted May 19, 2019 at 6:16 AM
  12. I definitely like this idea. Double XP is something we don’t get fairly often, and having more events like this would be something to look forward to. I’ve been a little discouraged to try and level up, as the stats migration set me back over 20 levels I worked really hard for. Having this would allow people like myself to work harder for our levels and have the opportunity to gain experience easily.

I hope we can do these monthly/every two months, as it would allow us players with lower levels to truly have the chance to level up. I’d definitely take the double xp weekend oppuruntinies, as I would actually enjoy leveling up, rather than feeling discouraged that I won’t get back to where I was.

Posted May 19, 2019 at 8:54 AM